It had been two weeks, two long weeks since that morning when Jc had remembered his attack. And two long weeks since Justin had seen him anywhere. Now, it was only a few days before Christmas. Justin's mom was up from Memphis. She was disappointed when she walked into the apartment and saw no tree.

"Justin Randall, where is the christmas tree?"

"I decided not to get one this year,"Justin mumbled, never looking up from the window.

He hoped that is he stared out the window all day he would finally see Jc again.

"Honey, I know this hasn't been the best year and I know Christmas was your favorite holiday that you two shared, but you can't give up now," Lynn said taking Justin's chin into her fingers and moving his head up.

"Mom, it's been tow weeks. I haven"t seen him in two weeks."

"I know," Lynn said sadly. "Come on. We are going to get a tree."

"No mom."

"Yes. Now let's go." She wallked over to the table and grabbed her coat and purse. "Now Justin."

"Ok, ok," Justin exclaimed getting up and grabbing his coat.

Now they were at the place that he and Jc had always gone to every year to get their trees. Walking through the trees, Lynn had pointed out several different ones, but none of them looked like the one.
"Justin you have to pick one."
"I don't want to mom."
"Then I'm going to pick the biggest one."
"No don't," Justin said looking at her panicked.
Lynn laughed and started looking around. After a few minutes of looking she stopped. Justin hadn't been paying attention and ran right into her.
"Mom," Justin exclaimed.
"Justin, look."
Justin looked up and noticed Jc standing near the entrance. He had his hands stuffed in his pockets and looking at his feet. Justin couldn't believe it. He blinked and quickly looked towards Jc again. He was still there. Quickly, before he lost him, Justin walked over to him.
"Josh."
"Justin," he said surprised, looking up at him.
Justin couldn't mistake the relief that Jc's voiced carried. Jc looked around then took a step towards him and wrapped his arms around him. Justin smiled into Jc's coat. He pulled Jc closer to his body.
"Where have you been?" Justin asked still holding onto him tightly.
"I'm sorry. Casey hasn't really let me out of his sight. I've tried to tell him I want to see you, but he says he's fighting for me. I'm sorry."
"It's ok," Justin sighed bringing his hand up to the back of Jc's neck.
But as quickly as Jc had wrapped his arms around Justin, he released him. Stepping back he placed his hands back in his jeans.
"What are you doing here?" Jc asked quietly.
"Getting a Christmas tree with my mom," Justin answered motioning over to where his mom was standing.
Jc smiled at Lynn and got a smile in return. She looked familiar.
"Is Casey here?"
"Yea he's paying for the tree. We had to find one of the biggest ones. I wanted a small one but he said no."
"That hasn't changed." Just said smiling.
"What?"
"We came here every Christmas and always got the smallest tree they had."
"Really?" Jc said with a smile.
Justin smiled seeing Jc smile. They stood there in silence just staring at each other until Justin frowned.
"Where have you been?"
"Casey's. He got me a job at that restraunt. It's kind of under the table since I don't have a drivers license or any information. I bus tables and stuff. I hate it, but don't tell Casey that. He brings me every day and then picks me up or has Kelly bring me home. I've wanted to come see you so many times."
"I've really missed you Josh."
"I've missed you."
"C, lets go now," Casey called holding the tree.
"I'm coming Casey."
Jc quickly looked up at Justin with fear in his eyes. Digging into his pocket he pulled a piece of paper out and jammed it into Justin's pocket. He walked away to meet up with Casey. Justin reached into his pocket and pulled out the piece of paper out and opened the note.

I feel trapped. Help me. Please. I miss you.

Fear tickled Justin's neck. He looked up from the note to see Jc joining Casey and walking away. There would be no doubt in his mind that he was going to get Jc away from Casey forever. Now he just had to make a plan. Justin returned to his mom with a determined look on his face.
"Where did he go?" She asked.
"He went with Casey."
"What are you planning Justin?"
"I'm going to get him back."
"Justin what if he's happy."
"He's not. See?" Justin said showing her the note. "Let's find a tree and go home. I have planning to do."
"Justin," Lynn said nervously.
"Don't worry mom. By Christmas morning everything is going to be right. I'm going to make sure of it."
Suddenly Justin was all about finding a tree and sure enough, after a few short minutes of looking he found the perfect one. Bringing it back to the apartment Justin started looking for a new apartment.

Casey had set up the tree and brought out the Christmas decoration. "Come on C, help me."
"Ok Casey," Jc said getting up from the couch and walking over to the tree. Everything just felt wrong. This wasn't right. This wasn't who he wanted to spend his Christmas with. Justin was.
"I told you to stay away from Justin."
"I know, I'm sorry. He walked up to me."
"You hugged him," Casey snapped.
Jc turned around and faced him. "I don't love you Casey."
"How many times do I have to tell you not say that?" Casey screamed. "You can't just enjoy this, can you?"
"Please don't yell at me," Jc whispered.
"Oh fuck C, shut up and decorate the tree."
Jc shut his mouth and started putting the decorations up. He did everything in his power so that the tears wouldn't run down his cheeks. He looked out the window and watched the snow fall. He hoped Justin could figure something out. He wanted to be with him, that's where he was beginning to think he belonged.

"Justin are you sure about this?" Lynn said walking into the new apartment carrying a box.
"More then sure. After tomorrow me and Josh will finally be able to be together."
"What if Casey finds you?"
"Then I'll get detective Fatone involved. I'm not afraid of Casey."
"This is a much better apartment, Justin."
"Isn't it? I think Josh will like it. Its still small and just enough space for the two of us. Plus it's in a safer neighborhood."
"Why did you get another bed?"
"I wasn't sure he would want to sleep with me right away so I figured I would give him his own space for awhile."
"You are such a sweet man Justin."
"You raised me."
"And I will say that I did a good job," Lynn said placing her hand on his cheek and fighting the tears.
"I would agree," Justin replied smiling and kissing her cheek. "I love you mom."
"I love you just as much. Come on, we have a lot of work to do."
They went back to the old apartment and packed what needed to be brought over to the new one. By the end of the night they were both exhausted and sitting on the new couch Justin had bought.
"We should have called your dad up," Lynn said taking a drink of her glass of wine.
"I agree, we could still call him up for Christmas."
"No, tomorrow night is yours and Josh's. What time are you going to get him tomorrow?"
"As soon as he gets to the restaurant. I went in the other night and asked if he worked Christmas and what time and the waitress told me. She was new so I don't think she will tell anyone."
"I hope that everything works out Justin."
"It's going to be fine."
"Are you afraid at all?"
"Very," he admitted. "I think the thing I'm afraid of the most is him not remembering anything."
"He needs time and if you two have to start over, then you do. You have waited this long you can wait a little longer. He has feelings for you, I saw it when he hugged you."
"I felt it too."
"Just be patient with him and be understanding. That's what he needs the most right now. And I'm sure he will come around quickly."
"Thank so much for everything mom."
"I would do anything for you and for Josh."
Justin smiled and laid his head on the back of the couch. Before he even knew it he was asleep.
The next morning Lynn woke him. They quickly made their way to the airport where they said goodbye. Justin had a lot to do before he went to the restaurant that night to pick Jc up. And he prayed that it went as he hoped.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story