Author's Chapter Notes:
Loving the feedback you guys are giving. Sorry it's been a few days. Redid this next chapter a little. Hope you enjoy it. 

Justin drove to the restruant parking in a spot he waited. Few minutes later he noticed him walking towards the dinner his hands stuffed into his pockets. He was about to jump out when he noticed Casey walking next to him his hand poss around his arm. Justin banged his head on the steering wheel. Why couldn't it have been easy. Pulling his phone out he hit a familiar speed dial.  
"Detective I need your help."
"Where are you?"
"At the Diner. I'll explain when you get here."
"I'll be there in fifteen." 
"Thanks."
Hanging up he looked up at watched Casey and Jc walk into the dinner. He had to get him back today. 
Fifteen minutes later Detective Fatone pulled up next to Justin's car. He got out of his car and slipped into Justin. 
"Alright Justin what's this about?"
"Jcs in there working."
"Ok go in there and tell him to come with you how is this difficult Justin."
"Casey is in there with him."
"Justin." he said giving him a look. 
"Joe I haven't seen him in two weeks. Not since he remembered his attack and Casey dragged him out of the apartment. I ran into him the other night for a split second and he handed me this." 
Justin pulled the little note from his pocket and handed it to Joey.
"He doesn't want to be with him Joe. Casey is holding him against his will. I need to get him out of here. He needs to come home with me." 
"I don't know I can do anything Justin."
"What do you mean you don't know you can do anything. Go in there get Jc and bring him out. It's not that difficult Detective." 
"Justin I know you've been searching for him for over a year. I know how hard it's been, but I can't just go in there and drag him out." 
"Why not?" 
"Justin." Joey said giving him a look. 
"He told me he feels trapped what does that tell you Joey. That he doesn't want to be here anymore. I bought a new apartment. He will be safer with me. He belongs with me."
Joey sighed. "We will go in together and ask him what he wants." 
Justin smiled and jumped out of the car. Shaking his head Joey also got out. Together they walked into the diner. Jc was picking up dishes up off a table. Justin noticed Casey talking with one of the waitresses. 
"Josh." Justin said going to over to him. 
"Justin, what are you doing here?"
"Come with me."
"C." Casey said coming up and taking a hold of his arm. "Jen says you can leave they don't need to today."
"But I just got here." 
"I know I'm sorry we have to go," Casey said starting to pull him towards the door.
"Josh please come with me," Justin begged.
"Damnit, Justin. I told you to leave us the fuck alone!" Casey yelled.
The diner went quiet, now watching what was happening.
"And I told you I wasn't going to. Josh is not happy with you. He's scared of you. I'm taking him home with me."
"The hell you are," he said pulling Jc out the diner door with him.
Justin and Joey followed quickly. Jc was looking at Justin, begging him to do something, to help him.
"Say the words, Josh. Tell him" Justin said. He stepped in front of Casey, making him stop.
Justin could see Jc was scared and he could see him shaking. But he knew Jc had to be the one to tell Casey.
"Casey, let me go," Jc said, looking down at the ground.
"No. You don't mean that. I'm not letting go, C."
"I don't love you. I want to go home with Justin. Please, Casey."
"God damnit Josh, I want to be with you." Casey yelled. 
"I don't want to be with you. I'm leaving," Jc said with as much confidence as he could show.
Nobody had enough time to react before Casey brought him arm up and having his fist make contact with Jc's nose. Jc cried out and fell to the ground. Casey leaned over Jc, ready to hit him again when Detective Fatone, grabbed Casey, pulling him away from Jc.
Justin rushed to the ground next to Jc. He could see the blood running from his nose.
"Shit, Josh. Are you ok?" He asked, taking him gently into his arms.
Jc just nodded his head. "I want to leave. Please, can we go."
"Yes, baby. We can go."
Justin helped Jc up to his feet. 
"Let me go," Casey yelled. Joey had his arms behind his back, held together tightly.
"Nice to meet you, Casey. I'm Detective Fatone. And if I were you, I would suggest leaving Jc and Justin alone and never look back."
"Yea, what are you going to do if I don't?" Casey snarled, trying to get out of his strong grip.
Joey leaned forward and talked quietly next to his ear.
"You'll find out," he warned. Joey let go of his wrists and pushed Casey away from him. "Get out of here."
Casey walked away from the diner, but looked back at Jc and Justin. He cursed to himself, and kept on walking away.
"Thanks, Joe," Justin said shaking his hand. 
"Glad I could help. You two let me know if he comes back."
"We will. 
"Take care you guys," Joey called as he walked to his car to leave.
"Let's get you home," Justin said putting his arm around Jc. He lead them to his car.
"Home sounds good," Jc agreed.
They got in the car and Justin started driving away from the diner. He looked over at Jc and placed his hand on his.
"Your cold." He said quietly and turning the heat on higher.
"It's ok I'm used to being cold. Why aren't you with your family it's Christmas?" 
"You are my family Josh. Always have been. We will be spending Christmas together just like we always have been." 
Taking his eyes of the road he looked over at the love of his life and he could see tears slowly rolling down his red cheeks. He watched him wiped the blood from his nose that continued coming down. Turning back to the road, Justin smiled for the first time tonight. He had made the right choice. Josh was safe with him, and Joey had taken care of Casey. He wasn't happy about the fact that Jc had gotten hit, but he would make sure as soon as they got home, he would clean him up and take care of him.  
When Justin didn't turn down the street that the apartment was on Jc turned to him in confusion. 
"Justin where are we going?" 
"Home." 
"But..." 
"Josh do you trust me?" 
Without even having to think about it Jc shock his head only to realize Justin hadn't notice. "Yes." 
The rest of the ride was spent in comfortable silence. They reached the new apartment complex a few minutes later.
"Can I ask where we are yet?"
Justin smiled at him. "Not yet. But almost."
Jc silently groaned, but couldn't help feel excited and happy for the first time since he could remember. 
They got out of the car and he followed Justin to a second floor apartment where Justin put the key into the door knob and let themselves in. Justin flipped the light on and moved to the side to let Jc in, closing the door behind them.
"Now you can ask."
"Where are we?" Jc asked with a slight smile.
"Home."
"Why?" 
"Because you needed a fresh start. Somewhere that you feel safe." 
"I feel safe when I'm close to you," Jc whispered blushing and looking down at his feet. 
"It makes me happy to hear you say that. I've missed you so much," Justin said placing his hand on Jc's cheek.  "Let's clean up your nose."
Justin led them to the kitchen where he got a towel and ran it under the water, he gently cleaned him up, noticing that he wasn't bleeding anymore.
"Want a tour?" Justin asked.
"Yes." 
Justin noticed something near Jc's eye. "Wait stop," he said touching Jc's arm stopping him. 
"What, don't you want to show me around?" 
"I do, but," Justin began. He took the hoodie off from Jc's head and lightly touched the bruise around his right eye. "Where did this come from Josh?" He asked concerned.
Jc bit his bottom lip he knew he couldn't lie to Justin. "I asked him to take me to you a few days ago. I begged him. Then I guess I told him that I didn't love him too many times. He didn't like that. He had been drinking and he got mad at me. Of course he felt bad after that." 
"God damn bastard," Justin muttered. "I should have come sooner."
"You came just in time," Jc told him.
Justin didn't wait to ask Jc if what he was about to do was ok. He pulled Jc into his arms and kissed his cheek. "I got you out of there before he could hurt you anymore. You don't need that in your life anymore baby. You deserve so much more. I'm so sorry." 
Jc wrapped his arms around Justin's waist and buried his head deeper into Justin's chest. "Even if I don't remember that I'm in love with you. That doesn't mean I'm not falling for you." 
Justin felt his heart momentarily stop. Had he just heard what he thought he had? 
"Did I render you speechless?" Jc asked with a laugh, when he saw the look of surprise on his face.
"Maybe a little," he admitted.
"I feel something for you Justin. I have since that time you came in the restraunt looking for me." 
"Why did you leave angry then?"
Jc moved away from Justin putting his head down. "I regretted it as soon as I walked down the street. My wish had finally come true. Someone was looking for me. I left because I was angry it had taken so long. I'm sorry I had left. It's just when I looked at you for the first time I had a flashback. It wasn't a big one and it wasn't very clear, but it scared the shit out of me and I just had to get out of there. I'm sorry." 
"It's fine, Josh. We are together now. Let's take that tour now." 
"I'd like that." 
"Good." Justin took a from hold of Jc's hand.
They walked into the living room where Jc saw the Christmas tree was set up. But it wasn't decorated yet.
"You didn't decorate it yet?" Jc asked.
"No. Because we will do it together like we do every year. Is that ok?"
"Yes." 
Justin grabbed Jc's hand and guided him towards the bedrooms. "Two beds," Jc noticed.
"Yea, um, I...I didn't," Justin stammered.
Jc moved to face him and this time he placed his hand on Justin's cheek. 
"That was very sweet of you, Justin. Thank you."
"You can sleep wherever you want." 
Jc nodded and turned away. "It's so much different then the other place you showed me." 
"Just a little." 
"Can we decorate the tree?"
"Of course we can," Justin said smiling.
He took a firm hold of Jc's hand and walked back to the living room. 
Before they knew it they were both laughing and putting the decoration on the tree. When the tree was almost done Jc stopped. 

"Jc, that does not go there," Justin laughed.
"Why not?" Jc replied putting the ornament in his hand, on the tree.   
"Because it always goes towards the top, you know that," Justin said taking it and putting it where he thought it looked better.
"You knew I should kick your ass. You alway move the ones I put up," Jc said smirking, but glaring at Justin. 

"The tree isn't right," Jc said looking at it.
Justin looked at him with confusion. "What do you mean? It looks great." 
"The ornaments are in the wrong spot.  This one needs to be at the top like you like it," he said taking the ornament off the tree and placing it higher.
"You remember that?" Justin asked with a smile. He couldn't help the grin becoming bigger on his face.
"I do. I just remembered. You use to move a lot of the ornaments I put up and I would pick on you for it."
"Oh my god Josh you have no idea how many ornaments I wanted to change while we were doing this, but I forced myself not to," Justin said laughing. 
Jc laughed and placed the last ornament on the tree. Bending down he picked up the star and handed it to Justin. 
Justin shook his head. "No you do the honors." 
"You sure?" 
"Yea I'm sure," Justin said smiling and placing his hand the base of Jc's back. 
"Ok," Jc said smiling. He reached up to place the star at the top of the tree. 
They stepped back and looked at the tree. 
"It looks beautiful." 
"It sure does." Justin replied, but he wasn't looking at the tree, he was staring at Jc and was so happy to see him smiling and back where he belongs. He then looked out the window and noticed it was snowing. "Hey, you want to go for a walk?"
"Hmm..." Jc said tensing up. 
"He won't find us Josh." 
"How are you so sure?" 
"Well.." Justin began and stepping in front of Jc then running his fingers down his cheek. "We are at least thirty miles from Casey's apartment and this apartment is under your name which he doesn't know. So he won't be able to track us down. Besides, I think Joey scared him enough that he won't come looking for us."
"It's under my name?" 
"Yes, Joshua Chasez." 
Jc nodded at hearing his name. Justin could see he was battling slightly in his head. He could see that the wheels inside his head were trying to register things but it just want coming easy. 
"Hey, it will come. Look at how much you are remembering already." 
Again Jc nodded his head but looked down at his feet. It hurt Justin to see Jc being so shy. When before the attack he was sure of himself. He had so much confidence and could face anything. 
"How about that walk," Justin whispered taking his hand. 
"Yea," Jc said as they walked over to the door, grabbing their coats.
Justin put his coat on and grabbed his keys. They walked out, going down to the street. The snow was falling pretty heavily. 
"We shouldn't walk too far," Jc said gripping Justin's hand. 
"Why are you so afraid? You spent your days walking."
"Yes I did a lot of walking, but it was always in the same spots. Or in a public park."
"This is a much safer neighborhood. Where we lived before was dangerous...obviously," Justin said with regret. "We never should have lived there in the first place." 
"I wish I could remember."
"I know you will. It will just take some more time. If you let me, I'll show you things you use to do and hopefully you will start to remember things."
"I would like that."
They walked in silence for a few minutes just holding hands. When they hit the corner Justin stopped and looked down the streets then keep walking. Kids were playing in a yard making a snow man. Another couple was walking their dogs. It was a nice neighborhood. As they walked they saw more people were enjoying the snow. 
"Josh, where did you live before you started staying at Casey's?" Justin asked quietly. 
"On the streets. There was a bench in the park that was away from everything so I would sit there and sleep for an hour or so then go walking somewhere else. Every morning I met Casey at that restraunt for breakfast. He begged me so much to come home with him, I just wasn't ready to. I got a cold and just couldn't shake it so I went and stayed with Casey. I only stayed at night, and I walked around during the day." 
"Were you ever afraid?" 
"Justin, can we go back?" Jc asked ignoring Justin's question. 
"Of course. I have something we can do when we get back. Something we have done every Christmas eve since we've been together," Justin said with a smile. He knew Jc was ignoring the question, which meant he had been afraid. And it made him frown thinking about it.
"Please tell me it involves being in the apartment." 
"It does." Justin laughed, knowing how much Jc didn't like the cold.
Turning around they headed back towards their home. Justin was excited to show Jc what they use to do, and hoped that he would start to remember more about their life together.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story