When they got back from their walk, Justin got a fire started, then went into the kitchen.
"Anything I can help with?" Jc asked.
"Sure, you can get two mugs out of the cabinet," Justin said pointing to a cabinet. 
Jc opened the cabinet door and pulled out two christmas mugs, placing them on the counter. Justin grabbed the tea pot that was going off on the stove and poured the water into the mugs. Putting two scoops of hot chocolate mix in each, he gave them a stir. 
"Now for the best part," Justin said going to the freezer and pulling the ice cream out. 
"Ice cream?"
"Yep this is your favorite part."
"The suspense is killing me," Jc said with a laugh.
When Justin was finished he handed one to Jc and they walked into the living room and sat on the couch.
"So this is what we use to do every Christmas Eve?"
"And watch White Christmas," Justin explained as he turned on the tv and pushed play on the DVD player. 
The movie started. Justin took a small drink and watched Jc do the same. 

"Justin watch the movie,"  Jc groaned closing his eyes. 
"Josh, we watch this movie ever year and it never changes," Justin replied kissing his neck and moving his hands under his shirt.
"Justin I'm warning you." 
"I want my Christmas special," Justin snickered.
"Oh, you are something else," Jc answered taking a drink of his chocolate and pushing Justin's hands away. 
"But you love me all the same." 
"Yea I suppose I do," he said laughing and kissing his cheek.

Justin looked over at Jc and noticed his cheeks were a pink blush and Jc was wearing a small grin that he was trying to hide.
"What's so funny?" Justin asked.
Jc snapped his attention away from the movie and looked at Justin, the pink blush turning more red. He had been caught and he didn't know how to tell Justin what he had remembered.
"Nothing was funny."
"You seem embarrassed now."
Jc took a deep breath and felt his cheeks burning. "I remembered a time before when we were watching this movie." He hoped that would be all he had to say.
Justin nodded his head, having a feeling he knew when the time was. Really, the only year that Justin wasn't in the mood to watch the movie and instead he tried to get Jc in the mood for a lucky Christmas Eve.
"Of all the years we've watched this, you remembered that one, huh?" Justin asked with a smirk.
Jc turned even more red against his will. Justin chuckled softly and moved closer to Jc. 
"You know, that's not something to get so embarrassed about."
"I know..."
"That night is one of my favorite memories."
"Did I give in?" Jc whispered. 
Justin's smile grew even bigger. "Of course you did. You always gave into me. That was one of the best Christmas eves." 
"How is this one ranking so far?"
"This one is at the top," he whispered, slowly kissing Jc's cheek. "Because you've come back to me."
Jc sighed and closed his eyes. Justin didn't want to push him too far so with one last kiss on his cheek, he moved back to his spot. Jc moved over slightly towards Justin laying his head on his shoulder and putting his hand into Justin's again. Both turned their attention back to the movie. 
When the credits were rolling on the screen Justin kissed Jc's head. 
"That's a good movie," Jc said not moving. 
"It is a good movie. Our favorite."
"When did we start watching this movie?"
"It was the first Christmas we shared together. We had only been going out for about six weeks. We had decided not get each other anything. You came home from work with the movie and the mugs we used. I thought you were crazy at first, but you didn't listen. You made the hot chocolate and put the movie in. It was another Christmas that's on the top of the list."
"So I started this?"
"Yes and we just ended up doing the same thing every year. Even if you worked a double shift or if you were tired as hell. We sat on the couch holding hands, drinking hot chocolate, and watched white christmas." 
"We were happy."
"Very happy," Justin confirmed. " Yes, times were rough, but you always were able to make me feel like everything was going to be alright." 
"Is everything going to be alright?" 
"Yes. We have made it through a lot together. We will make it through this. You just wait and see."
"I trust you. I know I don't remember everything and I don't remember everything about you but I know that when I'm with you I'm going to be ok."
"You don't have to worry about anything Josh. I will protect you now. You took care of me for so many years, it's my turn to take care of you."
"Are you going to leave again?" 
Justin was shocked by his question.
"I mean to go sing," Jc clarified.
"If I do leave, I would want you to come with me." 
"Ok, good. Do you miss it?"
"Yes and no. You were more important and when I went on tour I failed at that for awhile. But now that I got you back I'm not going to make that mistake again." 
He felt Jc take a deep breath and move his arm around Justin's waist, snuggling closer. Justin savored every minute that Jc was up against him. It had been so long. 
"You've missed this," Jc whispered. 
"How can you tell?" 
"Every time we get close your heart beats really fast."
"I can't help it. I don't think I could ever express to you how much I've missed you."
Justin looked at Jc and noticed Jc was already looking at him, their faces only inches apart now. 
"I want to kiss you," Jc whispered.
"Are you sure you're ready for that? I don't want to rush..."
But Justin was cut off by Jc's lips softly on his. All the air left his lungs feeling Jc's lips against his again. He wished it would never end. When he felt Jc's tongue roll over his bottom lip he granted it right away and opened his mouth. Their tongues touched and Justin felt a jolt run through his whole body. He knew Jc had felt it too because he shift on the couch to get closer to him. 

Jc sat in the back of the bar slowly drinking a beer. It was open mic night. He liked coming and listening to all the artists who were trying to make it big. The next young man walked on stage with his guitar. He didn't say his name, he just started playing. Jc sat forward in his chair and stared at the young man. He. was gorgeous and sounded amazing. 
After the young man stopped singing, he left the stage. Jc's eyes followed him to the bar. How did this kid not have a record deal? Taking the last swig of his beer, he took a deep breath and walked over to him. 
Justin had seen Jc stare at him while he sang and he wasn't surprised when he came up to him to talk. Their conversation had flowed magically right from the start. By the end of the night, Jc was walking Justin back to his apartment. 
"Thank you for walking me home," Justin whispered. 
"You shouldn't walk home alone."
"Are you going to be ok?" 
"Yea don't worry about me. Are you going to play again at the bar?"
"I try to go every open mic night." 
"Good, because I love listening to you," Jc said smiling.
Justin grinned and felt Jc take his hand lightly.
"Can I kiss you?" Jc asked moving closer. 
"I've been wanting you to kiss me since I saw you watching me sing." 
Jc softly laid his lips on Justin's. All of the air left his lungs. Then when his tongue rolled over his bottom lip Justin couldn't believe the feeling he felt. Jc pulled away and smiled. 
"I'll see you around." 
"You sure will," Justin replied smiling. 
With one last smile Jc turned and walked down the street, his handed stuffed into his pocket. 

When they pulled apart, they were both breathing hard. 
"It's like our first," Jc whispered letting his forehead touch Justin's. 
"Exactly like our first. You remember?" Justin was still trying to get his breath back.
"Yes. I remember feeling like I never wanted to kiss anybody else besides you for the rest of my life. Everything with you is bringing memories back."
"I remember closing the door standing on the other side of the door wishing it was Friday again. I got there early just so that I could look for you." 
Jc laid his head back on Justin's chest and closed his eyes. 
"Are you tired?" Justin asked.
"Yea a little." 
"Let's go to bed." 
"Hmm.. Justin." 
"Yea," Justin replied holding him a little tighter. 
"Is it still alright if I sleep in the other bed?" He asked quietly.
"Of course it is Josh. I told you, I'm not going to push you to do anything. We are taking this at your speed."
"Not everyone would be so patient with me as you are being."
"I don't want to lose you again. I went through that once and I can't do it again. If I try to rush you, I know this won't work and it wouldn't be fair to you."
Jc smiled at him and lightly kissed his cheek. "Thank you."
"Let's go," Justin said taking his hand and walking with him towards the bedroom. 
When they reached the door Justin stopped them. "There's some pj pants in the top drawer and a tooth brush in the bathroom." 
"Thank you," Jc whispered looking down at their hands that were still together. 
"Josh, if at all during the night you need me don't hesitate on coming to get me, do you understand."
Jc nodded his head. "Thank you for getting me today."'
"When you handed me that note I was going to do everything in my power to make sure safe again and with me." 
"Casey is probably really mad." 
"And you know what? We both don't give a damn," Justin said with a smile on his face. He reached up and placed his hand on Jc's cheek."Yes, he may have loved you but he couldn't help you Josh, not like I can."
"I know." 
"Get some sleep ok." 
"Goodnight Justin."
"Goodnight Josh." It took everything in him not to utter the three words he would normally say to him, but he didn't so Jc wouldn't feel the pressure to say it before he was ready.
They went to their separate rooms and went to bed. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story