I get to John's house to find her she went with an 'old friend' of hers, something not sitting well with me.

"So, where did you say she was headed to?"

"She didn't say anything except she was going out with an old friend and will be back later on, man."

"I don't think she remembers me from your wedding, bro."

"I don't know. She did call you my 'loser friend'," he laughs.
"Loser?!" I shriek, laughing cockily. "I'll show her 'loser'!"

"And she'll give you one of my famous Attitude Adjustments!" he exclaims, howling with laughter.

"Just watch me. She likes 'bad boys', right?"

"No, she likes guys like Nick-'normal, kinda ghetto boys'," he scoffs.

We hear a car pull into his driveway, note the time and see a black Durango sitting there. I watch as the woman starddles the guy in the driver's seat, his arms winding around her and both of our jaws drop when she steps out of the vehicle in Daisy Dukes, a tight but short dress and wedge heels. No way that's Koralyna!

He rushes to the door as she kisses the guy's cheek, whipping the thing open in seconds and standing on the front stoop with his arms folded over his t-shirt covered pecs. "Koralyna Kristiana Cena!" he yells at her.

She ignores him, talking with her company and laughing. He marches over to her, envelopes her in a bear hug and puts her feet on the pavement. They have a short dispute and she tells her company that she'll call him later, coming inside angry. "What the fuck is wrong about me seeing him, John? Why in the hell does it matter?"

"He does the heavy shit!" he argues, flinging his arm in the direction of the street.

She gets into a rebellious stance, a scowl I wouldn't dare challenge taking over her facial expression and she cops the infamous Cena family attitude John's so well known for. "He stopped 4 years ago! He's been clean nearly 4 fucking years!" she screams, holding four fingers up in his face.

"What if he relapses and do to you what he did to his ex?"

"He was on the powder then, he hasn't been since December 08!"

"Relapse is always a strong probability, 'Lyna," he reminds her.

"I know!" she screams, storming toward what I assume is her bedroom.

He flops back on his couch, his hands covering his face and he slumps down. "Sorry about that. I thought you'd see her again under better circumstances," he apologizes from behind his hands.

"How old is she now?" I ask.

"She just turned 29 a few weeks ago."

"How old was she when you scared Nick off?"

"Eighteen, loser!" she yells from down the hall, heading for his personal gym.

She puts her ear buds and he shakes his head miserably. "I'm not just trying to keep an eye on her like I promised her mom I would."

"What happened?"

"AIDS from a patient she had to treat. She had it for 15 years before it killed her, it killed her while she slept."

"Wasn't her mom married?" I wonder aloud.

"Yes, when 'Lyna was 10 and at that age in Massachusetts, she could choose whether she wanted to keep her mom's maiden name or take her stepdad's. She kept Cena."

"Has her stepdad talked to her since then?"

"Not in the past 10 years, not since we put her in the ground."

"Could that be part of it? Her out bursts, I mean?"

"No clue. Just drop it, I don't feel like discussing it, Justin." He gets off the couch and starts looking for something to eat, something light.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story