Story Notes:
In honor of Mr. JT birthday. Wrote this I think last year, but edited it a little and decided to post it this year. It's another Joshtin. 
Author's Chapter Notes:
This story was writing in Justin's POV
My flight home had been long. I was more than ready to get home. i walked out of the airport and saw my bodyguard waiting by the black SUV for me. I smiled. even he felt like home to me. Lonnie grabbed my bags and threw them in the trunk, then pulled me into a tight hug. His body engulfed mine and I laughed and hugged him back.
"Come on man, get in. We've got to get you home and to that boyfriend of yours," he said pushing me towards the SUV door. 
"Hmm...boyfriend. I miss him," I said with a sigh. 
"He misses you too, dude." 
I closed the door as Lonnie got in the drivers seat and started pulling away from the curb. "So what does he have planned for my birthday?" 
"Hmm nothing I believe." 
I pout. Every year my wonderful, beautiful, caring, boyfriend tries to surprise me, but every year I find out some how. It always pissed him off. This year he said he wasn't planing anything, that it was just going to be me and him.
I was a little disappointed. It's not every year you turn thirty two. Plus i have't been home in weeks so I want to see everyone. A big party would be perfect for that. As we drove down the road, I pull my phone out. 
Just got in the suv, should be home in twenty.
Ok babe.
That's it? That's all he has to say? Not even a 'happy birthday'? Damn him.  Crossing my arms I sit back. This has sure been one crappy birthday.
I sighed again. Alright, it hadn't been that crappy. When I woke up this morning there was a nice breakfast waiting for me...compliments from my wonderful boyfriend. Even though he was far away Jc found a way to make me feel spoiled. Then, throughout the day, my phone had been ringing up a storm from family and friends wishing me a happy birthday. It was the whole working and having to fly home today that made it not so pleasurable. 
"Traffic on the highway, J," Lonnie said.
I looked up and noticed the bumper to bumper traffic.
"Great," I muttered. It had been a long day of traveling already. Couldn't getting home be easy?
Every minute that passed, I saw. I was looking at my watch constantly. Finally, after thirty minutes of just sitting on the highway, the traffic started to flow and move along. Looking out the window the houses and landmarks started looking familiar. I was almost home. When they pulled into the driveway something just seemed off. It was too dark in the house. That's odd. Jc should be there and he always left lights on out front and in the house. 
"Welcome home Justin and happy Birthday," Lonnie said opening the door for me. 
"Thanks Lonnie," I said with a smile. 
"I'll get the bags. Just go in, I'm sure he's in there somewhere," he said laughing. Obviously my thoughts were on display on my face. 
"I hope so," I said frowning. 
Walking up the stone walkway, I turned the knob of the door to our house. We bought it a few years ago. I had wanted something bigger. Jc on the other hand didn't want space we wouldn't use. So when this three bedroom house come up for sale, we jumped on it. 
We had made so many happy memories here. My happy place. It felt good to be home. But as I walked in, the stillness and quietness is almost disturbing. Jc had spoiled me a long time ago because every time I got home from being away for a while. he would be here welcoming me home with a hug and kiss. This time, I hear nothing and the lights are all off besides in the kitchen, so I head that way. On the counter was a note. 
Outside drinking a beer. 
Love, C 
So that's where he is hiding. Going to the slider I push it open. I see nothing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN!!!!

Holy shit! I jumped back, very glad I didn't fall on my ass. I look in front of me at all the friendly faces. Then suddenly it hits me and I start laughing. Shit, they really got me this year. The biggest smile ran across my face. 
"Happy birthday baby." 
I turn to see my mom smiling. I quickly wrap my arms around her, kissing her cheek.
"Thanks mom." 
"Are you surprised?"
"More then surprised mom," I said smiling big again. 
"You're a little late though." 
"I couldn't help it, I swear. Blame the LA traffic."
Soon, I was attacked by family and friends giving me hugs and kisses on the cheek. I had a beer shoved into my hand along with a plate of food. My stomached grumbled loudly when I started eating. It was then I realized that I hadn't eaten since breakfast. Which brought my mind back to Jc. Why hadn't I seem him yet? 
Looking up for my plate I scan the crowd. The music was going, drinks were being passed around and everyone was talking with someone. They were having a good time. Now where was he? Just as I was about to give up I spot him. He's standing in the middle of Joey and Chris savoring a beer. He is smiling. I love seeing him smile, his whole face lights up when he does and his eyes get small. 
Hmm, he looks sexy as hell. All I can think about is going over to him and wrapping my arms around his skinny waist and kissing his beautiful full lips. I groan by just the thought, but before I can get up my mom is standing in front of me.
"You are not getting up until you eat all that Justin."
"Mom," I protest.
"I mean it Justin Randall." 
"Momma, I'm thirty two years old. I do not need you reminding me to eat." 
"When was the last time my thirty two year old son had something to eat?" 
Oh, was she being difficult. "This morning." 
"Hmm, mmm eat." 
I groan and dig back into my plate. 
"I did a good job, didn't I baby." 
I turn and face her. "You planned this?" I asked surprised.
"Of course I did. Josh said I could. How else did you think you didn't find out? I hate to tell you, but your Joshua can not keep his mouth shut. I threatened him by death if he told anyone." 
"Mom." 
I watched as she rolled her eyes. She was pulling my chain. Brat. Of course she laughed and placed her arm around my shoulders. 
"Oh honey I'm so happy for you," she said kissing my cheek. 
"Thanks mom." 
"You have made me so proud with everything you have accomplished and you and Josh. You two have been through so much and yet you still love each other like your love is brand new. I can not believe it's been twelve years." 
My mouth dropped opened and the fork fell to the plate. 
Oh fuck. I forgot our anniversary. Oh my god.
"Justin, honey what's wrong?" 
"That's what this morning was for. Oh shit, shit, shit." The breakfast wasn't for his birthday, it was for their anniversary. 
"You forgot?"
"Fuck," I muttered loudly.
"Justin, how could you forget your anniversary? It's the same day as your birthday, it's suppose to be easy to remember that," Lynn said shocked, but trying the same not to laugh.
"This is not funny mom." 
"Honey, he will understand that you've been busy." 
"No, no this can not be happening. I've never forgotten. Shit." 
"Baby stop. Just tell him that you love him. That's all he needs and you know it. Now eat up, we are going to have cake soon." 
I didn't even realize that she had left. My brain was panicking. I forgot one of the most important days in my relationship. Fuck! What am I going to do? I look around quickly and I spot him right away. He's still standing in the same spot just talking with my step dad. Most likely about me since my step dad is staring at me. I smile and then swiftly look back down to my plate. I can't face him. No, I wouldn't even know what to say. I feel so bad. I should have stayed in Atlanta. 
Shit. What can I do quickly to make him think I hadn't forgotten? Fuck, I'm such an idiot. I look back up from my now empty plate and Dad and Jc are walking towards me. Stay calm, Timberlake, you can do this. Just go with it.
"Happy Birthday Justin," Paul said giving me a hug.
"Thanks Dad. You guys sure know how to surprise me."
"That was all your mom's doing. Blame her," he said with a chuckle.
I look at Jc and smile. He's giving me quite the stare down with his eyes. I can't resist looking at his eyes, they always make me fall deep into them. Oh, and his lips. Don't get me started on his lips. I stare at them, intently aware of the sidewise grin he's giving me, and when he licks his lips slowly, I think I'm about to lose it.
"Wake up J," Jc said nudging me. I snap out of it. He's caught me staring at him again and I have to laugh.
"Sorry," I say with a small smile.
Jc softly takes my hand and kisses my knuckles, then brings me into his arms. I sigh and rest my head on his shoulder. God, I love this man.
"Happy Birthday, baby," he whispers.
"Thank you." I look up at him and kiss his lips. "Happy Anniversary, babe."
Jc wishes me a happy anniversary, and I can't help but grin like an idiot. "Twelve years. Aren't you sick of me yet?" 
I laugh because even though he's joking, its probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Me, sick of him? Yea right, never gonna happen.
"I would have figured you would have been sick of me first."
"Never gonna happen," Jc says with a wink. Didn't I just say that in my head? How does he do that.
I lean into him once more for another kiss. It's a slow, tantalizing kiss that makes me want more, and I linger for it. I don't care if anybody is watching, and I have no idea if Dad is even still next to us.
We take our time kissing. It's been a week since I've been in Jc's arms, and able to kiss him. It's too long. It's always too long to be away from him. I feel his hands snake around my waist, pulling my body closer to his.
Oh boy. If we don't stop, my party guests will be getting more than they expected from just a birthday party.
Jc must have been thinking the same way because he pulls back, leaving us both breathless, swollen lips and all. And all we can do is smile like the love struck idiots we've always been with each other. 
I lean into him again nuzzling my face into his neck. "I love you." 
He smiling, I can feel it. "I love you to J. Come on, cake time." 
"I think you for dessert sounds better," I said raising my eyebrows and pulling away from him. 
"Your a nasty man Justin," he said laughing and smacking my ass. 
We both start laughing and I feel him take my hand, squeezing it slightly. I love this man more then anything in this world. 
We make our way to the table. The cake was huge. I shake my head at my mother and can tell that she's scolding me with her eyes. Why did she have to remind me that I'm over thirty with thirty two candles? God lord I feel like I'm ten. 
"Make a wish baby." 
The only thing I can think of is wishing to start the day over and not forgetting our anniversary. Taking a deep breath I close my eyes. Hmm...what to wish for. Then it hits me. The only thing I want in this world is to be with Jc. To be with him forever. That's what I'll wish for. To be married to my best friend, lover, and soul mate. As I take another deep breath I can feel his grip tighten around my hand and I blow the candles out. When I open my eyes everyone is cheering and clapping. I truly feel blessed for the love I'm receiving. 
Mom started cutting the cake and I walked away with Jc next to me. He leaned in close to me and I could feel his breath on my ear.
"Does the birthday boy want his birthday spankings now or tonight?"
I groaned, probably too loudly, but the music covered my sound. 
"Well?" He asked, waiting for my answer.
He let his fingers walk down my back, and I willed him to stop, but he continued going further down to my butt where he gently hit me.
"Tonight," I whisper. Shit, where did my voice go? Jc has that affect on me.
"Are you sure?" He softly pinched me and I could feel his smile as he kissed my neck.
I couldn't help but laugh. "No, I want them now. But it's not exactly the right time so I have to saytonight."
"I'll have a twitchy palm until then," Jc said with a grin.
I shook my head and laughed loudly. "There you go stealing lines from Fifty again."
"I've learned a few more things from Fifty I'd like to show you tonight."
I couldn't help it, I felt myself become hard. The anticipation is enough to drive me wild, or to drag Jc into the house for a quickie. But I know I would rather take my time with him later, so I try to put all the naughty thoughts out of my mind the best I can. 
"You're mean," I tell him.
Jc just smiles. He knows what he's doing to me and he's damn proud of it. Fucker.
"Come on, let's go hang out with the guys."
We hold hands tightly and I follow Jc over to where Chris, Joey and Lance are standing, all sipping down their cold beers.
"There's the old fart!" Chris exclaimed, giving me a slap on the back.
I narrow my eyes at him. He should talk. They all wish me a happy birthday and I smile. It feels good to all be together again. Lance hands me a beer and I'm grateful as the cold liquid runs down my throat. Yep, this is the life. They stood there talking while  I stood there trying to think of what I could say to Jc. I was so deep in thought I didn't notice Jc's hand in my pocket. What the hell is he up to? I turn and give him a look. In his hand was my phone and wallet. I glare at him but before I could even ask what he was doing, I felt hands around my waist. 
"Put me down." I scream. "Joey, put me down." He's the only one strong enough to pick me up. The pool. No. "Joey, don't you fucking dare." 
I start fighting, trying to get out of his grip, but it just tightens. I hear everyone around me laughing and telling Joey to throw me in. Oh, he is so dead after this, they all are.
Next thing, I'm being thrown in the air and land in the pool. The water is fucking freezing. I make it to the surface and let out the water in my mouth. God damn bastards. Right then Joey jumps in and splashing me. Everyone is laughing. Soon there is more splashing. 
"Damn you Joey."
"What?" He said innocently. 
Looking up I see Jc standing at the edge of the pool. 
"Aren't you coming in?"
He shook his and held up my phone and wallet. "I'm keeping them safe."
"Please?" I beg him, hoping the look I'm giving him will help him get in. "You can find someone else to hold them."
"I don't want to get wet."
"You don't? Are you sure?" I asked giving him a wink. "I'm super wet right now."
I've succeeded when I see him squirm and inwardly groan and curse me. He's rolling his eyes. 
"No Justin." 
"Aww come on babe," I pout. 
"Nope, it's not going to happen." 
I noticed Dad and mom behind him. He is so going to get thrown in. Paul quickly grabs my wallet and phone and mom pushes him in. 
"Yes!" I laugh triumphantly, even though I technically didn't have anything to do with it.
Jc gets to the surface and gives my parents a nice glare. "Thanks," he mutters.
In seconds I swim over to him and launch myself at him. Wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs arms around his waist. I feel his hands grabbing my hips and I smile at him.
"Now this could be fun," I said kissing down his neck. 
"Hey you two, no getting it on in the pool! Save it for later," Chris yelled as he grabbed my waist. 
I find myself back under the water and making my way up. I lunge after him and tackle him, pushing him under water. 
He's screaming at me and all I can do is start laughing. We start wrestling until Chris pushes me away out of breath. 
"I think that you made him tired,""Jc said laughing as he wrapped his arms around my waist. 
"When are we going to kick everyone out so we can be alone?" I whispered. 
"Justin, don't be a bad host," he scolded me, kissing the back of my ear. 
"It's my birthday and the birthday boy wants everyone gone." 
"Palm is twitching." 
"So let's kick them out so we can take care of that twitching palm."
"Soon, baby. Soon."
I kiss him, long and hard. I want to get my way, damnit, and he keep resisting me. "I want you." 
"You always want me," he said laughing and kissing me softly. 
"It's been a week you know." 
"And we've gone longer, point being," he said matter of factly. 
"Why aren't you giving me what? It's my birthday." 
"Because you aren't a twenty one year old kid anymore." 
"I believe Chris and Joey got me shit faced drunk for my twenty first and then threw me at you," I said turning around in his arms. 
"Yes, I was so pissed." 
"You couldn't have been that pissed. You took care of me." 
"I wasn't mad at you. I was mad at the two dumbasses because I didn't even get to give the birthday boy sex that night." 
"Hmm, but you made it up to me the next night." 
"Yes," he sad tilting his head with agreement and smiling. 
He looked so cute when he did that. 
"I missed you so much," I whispered pulling him into another hug. 
"I missed you to Justin babe. I didn't sleep well with you missing from the bed." 
"My sleepy man didn't sleep well?" I said concerned.
"Nope, not a wink. It's very hard when you are the only one in the large bed of ours. It was so cold without you." 
Oh my sweet, sweet man. He sure knows how to make me feel guilty. "You are making me feel guilty." 
"That's my full intentions. Maybe then you won't leave me again." 
"Well, next time you will have to come with me." 
"That's not that easy," he said shaking his head. 
I feel a fight coming on. We always fight about this.  We are not going to fight on my birthday and anniversary even though the make up sex would be fun. No, sex tonight was going to be more then sex. I was going to make love to this man. Long and slow. 
"I'm fucking freezing J, I'm getting out." 
"Alright babe." 
A lot of the people who had jumped into the pool were getting out. My clothes are starting to really bother me. Deciding that it was time to get out, I start swimming towards the stairs. My mom is bringing towels out and handing them to everyone.  She was talking quietly with Jc. He was smiling, but I got the hint of a little sadness in it. My heart sank. Before I could get to him people were coming up and saying goodbye. Well at least they were leaving. 
"Did you have fun Justin?"
"Yea mom, thank you for the party." 
"You deserve it baby." She kissed my cheek then put a towel in my hand. "Hurry up and get out of those clothes, I don't need you catching something." 
"Yes momma." 
I take my shirt off and head towards a chair. Pulling my shoes off then slowly pulling my sucks off. Shit, I hope this hasn't ruined my shoes. I'm going to be pissed if it does. More guest come up and say goodbye. Along with Lance, Chris, and Joey. It was really good seeing them. We don't get together enough anymore. I give them each a hug and tell them to come again, then watch them walk away. 
I haven't seen Jc since he got out of the pool. It's just me, mom, and dad standing by the door. 
"Honey, dad and I will come back tomorrow and help clean up." 
"Don't worry about it mom. We can handle it." 
"I will call you tomorrow to see what you are doing." 
"Ok, thanks again mom." I give her a tight hug. 
"You are very welcome sweetheart. Have a good rest of your night." 
"Yea." I look towards the stairs. I'm assuming Jc had gone upstairs. 
"He knows sweetheart." 
Damn it. I was afraid he would find out. Running my hands through my hair I sigh heavily. 
"Chris heard us talking and told him." 
"Damn you Christopher."
"Just tell him how much he means to you and that you won't forget ever again," she said laughing and giving me a smile. 
"I will mom." 
"Ok we will leave you alone." 
She gives me another hug and kiss then wishes me happy birthday. Dad gives me a hug and also wishes me happy birthday. I watch them leave and close the door. Now, time to deal with my hurt boyfriend. Turning the alarm on I start my way upstairs. 
When I get to the room and open the door, I see him sitting on the bed in his briefs, his head down and hands locked together. Oh shit, he's really upset. 
I move into the room and take my wet pants off throwing them into the bathroom. I stare at him the whole time as I move around the bedroom getting new briefs and slipping them on. He has not looked up once. 
I don't say anything as I walk to to the bed and slowly crawl in so I'm sitting next to him. He still hasn't looked at me.
I take a deep breath and admit my mistake. My huge mistake. "I'm so sorry I forgot."
I wait for him to acknowledge me in any way but he doesn't. "Jc, please." Still nothing.
I look down at out bed and when I look back up I see a single tear running down his cheek. Fuck, how did I mess up so bad? I didn't mean to. 
"Jc, please just listen to me." I take another breath, trying to steady myself. If I think about how much I've hurt him anymore I'm going to break down. I need to get this out. "I've never forgotten before. I always remembered our anniversary before I remembered it was my birthday. I could care less about my birthday, you know that. I don't know if it was because I was gone...we've never been away from each other today. Shit, I'm not trying to make excuses, I'm sorry. God, I'm sorry, Jc. I love you so much. All I wanted to do was get home to you. I missed you so much. Please, forgive me, please." I know I'm rambling, but I need to. I don't know what else to do. 
Suddenly I realize I'm sobbing, not just begging. My face is soaked with tears and Jc is looking at me with such hurt in his eyes it makes me cry harder. I can feel my entire body shaking and then there are strong arms around me.
"Stop," Jc whispers, hugging my body closer to his. "Shhh."
My body is folded into his arms, and all I can do is keep crying. He hasn't said anything that tell me I'm forgiven, but his arms around me...it feels so good to be in his arms like I'm meant to be here, which I know I am. We are meant for each other.
"Yes, we are, baby," Jc says softly, and I takes me a minute to realize the rambling in my head I'm saying out loud too. 
I have no idea how long I'm crying. Jc just cradles me and let me cry. Finally, I've  calmed down, but I don't want to move. I'm comfortable in his arms and I'm afraid if I move, he won't let me back in them. But we have to talk. I have to listen to him and try to fix this.
Sitting up, Jc reaches out and wipes away the few straggling tears that have fallen down my cheeks. 
"I'm sorry."
"I know," Jc says quietly. "It hurt though, to know you forgot. Twelve years, J. That's a long time."
"I will never forget again, I promise. I have no excuse. All I can tell you is how sorry I am."
"I forgive you."
I look up at him in surprise. I really hadn't expected him to forgive me. I had expected to spend the night on the couch, and maybe more than one night. 
"You do?"
He smiles, and I feel myself start to relax. "Yes."
"What can I do to make it up to you? I'll do anything."
Jc threw his legs over me and sat on my lap. He put his hands on my face. "You said you missed me."
"I did."
"Show me how much." He kissed my cheek and I take a deep breath, smelling him. I kiss his neck. "Make love to me, Justin."
"Oh thank you god," I groan flipping us over so I'm straddling him. "So should we take care of that twitching palm?"
"Yes please." 
I yelp a little while I feel him pinch my ass. He pulls me down and kisses me. Our tongues fight for the lead. After a few minutes I can feel him give up and let's me take control. I smile against he's bruised lips. Now for the fun to start. 

We lay side by side trying to catch our breaths. We hadn't made love like that in a very long time. It was very simply mind blowing. 
"Wow," he said looking up at the ceiling. 
"Wow, that's all you have to say?" I asked, laughing a little. 
"Wow," he repeated. 
"Babe, can we talk about something?"
"In a minute. I think my body is still going." 
I bust out laughing and move closer to him. "Is that palm still switching?"
He laughs and puts his arms around my back and pulls me closer. "No, I think we've taken care of that for the moment." 
Alright it was now or never. "Can we talk?"
"Yes." 
I feel is lips on my head. Closing my eyes I try to think of the best way to say this. "Do you want to know what I wished for tonight?"
"Justin you can't tell me that or it won't come true."
"What if I tell you in a special way?"
"I can't have sex again babe, you tired this old man out." 
"Oh my gosh Joshua, gutter brain. I'm being serious," I scold him. 
He bit his lip. "I'm sorry, go on." 
Shit. He's got me all flustered. Now I forgot how I was going to say it. I looked up at him and give him a look. 
"Ok, I said I was sorry, just tell me Justin. What's on your mind babe?" 
I can tell he's trying to hide a laugh and I glare at him even more. I'm trying to be romantic and he's being dorky. Oy, this man. Taking a deep breath I find his steel blues and stare directly in them. 
"I want to get married." 
The look of pure shock filled his face. I smile a little waiting for him to answer me. I know this has to be shocking to him, we had never really talked about it. 
"We've never talk about that," he finally stuttered. 
"I know, but I was thinking as I blew my candles out that I only want you. Twelve years Josh. I can't see myself with anyone else. I don't want to be with anyone else. Just you. You are the most important person in my life..." 
"Besides your mother," he added quickly.
"Don't intruppt me." My eyes are scolding him again. I hear him laugh and he hit  down on his bottom lip again.
"Stop biting your lip," I groaned.
"Why, does it turn you on?" 
"Josh,  what did I say about the gutter brain while I'm trying to be serious?" 
"I'm sorry Justin, it's just we never talk about this. God, you know that I love you, you know that I can't see myself with anyone else." He stopped suddenly. I thought he was going to keep going and that I would hear a no. I felt like my world was starting to crash down. He was doing this to punish me for forgetting our anniversary. Shit, the tears are coming back. And just before I was about to lose it, he put his hand on my cheek and he leans in close to my lips and kisses me. 
"Yes." 
Now it was my turn to looked shocked. "What?" 
"Yes, I want to get married." 
"You're saying yes?"
"That's what I said. Yes, I want to get married to you."
"Holy shit." I jump on him straddling his legs and kiss him hard. My tongue finds his and I attack it. I hear him groan deep down in his throat. 
Suddenly he pulls away from me. "Did you think I would say no?" 
"Kind of." 
"Oh Justin, my dear Justin," he said shaking his head. "What am I going to do with you?" He kissed me deeply, placing his hand on my cheek and I sigh, leaning into him. "I have loved you since the minute I met you. I would hope after being together for twelve years now, you would understand that I'm not leaving ever."
I couldn't help but grin at him. He really was the love of my life. And now we were getting married. "God, I love you Jc."
"I love you too Justin."
We laid down next to each other and when Jc opened his arms, I went willingly into them. I laid my head in his chest and faced him. We are both smiling like idiots now. Jc runs his hands through my hair softly and slowly. I could lay like this forever.
"What are you thinking about birthday boy?" 
"Hmm..."
"What?" He asked with a chuckle.
"I could lay here forever with you doing that."
"Every night forever, babe."
I closed my eyes smiled. Forever in the arms of the man that I love.
Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoy this.  


Completed
daysgoby is the author of 16 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story