Alison was on the verge of hysteria. “I want you to come and get me now,” she said, still hiccupping and sobbing.  “I just … I need to get away from here right now, Justin.  Can you come back, please?” She sounded pitiful and Justin was outraged that her father had been so mean to her for one small rule that she broke. 

She was an adult, for fuck’s sake!

“I’m already on my way,” he said soothingly, looking for a place to make a u-turn.  Once that was done, he worked on calming her down.  I’ll be there in about five minutes and I’m gonna talk to your Dad and—“

“No!” Alison’s voice went up several octaves.  “I don’t want that Justin.  I can’t take another fight, please.  Just … I’ll come out when I see your car, okay?  Don’t come in … it’ll make things even worse for me,” she said sadly.  She had never had a single, solitary argument with her dad.  Never.  Sam probably got reamed out once a week, but Alison always followed the rules.

Until Justin.

And she couldn’t understand why her Dad was so angry.  She’d told them that she wasn’t having sex, and it was the truth.  She was a straight A student, a cheerleader, was on the softball team … what more could they want from her?  She did everything their way, and falling asleep that night at Justin’s apartment created something like a permanent black mark on her parent’s report card for her.  It was an accident.  She never lied, and they still didn’t believe her.  But now things were different.  She had Justin and he meant everything to her.  No way was she going to give him up.  It just wasn’t going to happen.  That’s why she asked him to come and get her even though she was forbidden to see him.

He sighed into the phone.  “Fine, Ali.  If it’s gonna upset you more, I won’t come in.  Okay?  I’ll park a few doors down … just come out when you can.”

“I have to sneak out,” she told him and he was surprised.

“I thought you’d made up your mind; are you moving in with me or not?” He was genuinely concerned and didn’t know what to think now.

It was Alison’s turn to sigh into the phone as she sniffled from crying.  “I … I want to, Justin.  But … it’s a big step and I need to talk to you about some things before I move in.  If I move in,” she finished.

Instantly he knew what she was talking about.  And he wasn’t afraid to say the words like she was.  “You mean sex, right?  Is that what you’re worried about? Because baby, I haven’t pressured you at all and I’m not going to.  You’ll have your own room and the only way I will come in there is if I’m invited – by you. Okay?  I would never force you to do something you don’t want,” he reassured her.  “So if you want to come and stay with me, let that be the last thing you worry about.  And financially, I more than got you.  Money is not a problem, baby.”

Blushing at his frankness, Alison wasn’t sure what to say.  “Umm … I believe you, Justin.  You make me feel safe, you know that.  But you’re a man and … men … want sex.  And I’m not there yet, and it makes me worry that I won’t be enough for you.  I mean, what if you suddenly meet another woman and BAM! I’m yesterday’s news. It could happen, Justin.”  And she really thought it could happen.

Justin exhaled, feeling frustrated.  Why couldn’t she understand how much she meant to him?  Over and over he tried to please her, and she was still worried that she would lose him.  Which was impossible.  “Ali … there’s no one else in the world for me.  I love you, girl.  I want you with me all the time.  Shit, other girls don’t even register anymore!  As for sex, I will wait for you, for you to be ready.  Ali … I would wait forever for you.  I love you,” he repeated himself.

“I love you too, Justin,” she replied.  “And I believe you.  But you have to promise me if one day you’ve had enough, or want someone more experienced, you promise right now to tell me, okay?

Shaking his head with a small smile on his face, he answered “I promise.  But that day will never come.  And guess what?”

“What?”

“You’re not crying anymore and I’m here.  So get your cute ass out here,” he teased her, trying to lighten the mood.

“Justin!” she exclaimed, blushing at his language.  He cursed quite a bit and she was slowly getting used to it, but sometimes he would shock her.  She thought he did it on purpose, trying to shock her, But she didn’t mind.  It was kind of sexy, the way he said certain things.  Hell, everything about him was sexy to Ali.

“Ali!” he said right back.  “C’mon.  It’s cold out here.  How are you getting out of there anyway? Isn’t your dad at home?”

“Yeah,” she said.  “But I mean, what’s he gonna do, block the doorway?  I’m already in so much trouble that it doesn’t matter what I do anymore. You know?  I just don't care anymore, what they say about you.  I told him that I was still going to see you and be with you and he just has to deal with it.  So maybe they’ll try to ground me for a couple more weeks, but you’re right, Justin, I’m eighteen now.  I’m gonna do what I want to do.  Period.”

Justin smiled.  He’d never heard her speak so passionately about anything, and she was saying it about him.  He couldn’t believe it and wondered what had gotten into her.  Whatever it was, he liked it.  “Ok badass, get your shit and come on out.  Bring some clothes or whatever, just put it in your backpack and don’t stop to argue with your dad.  Just walk away, okay?”

“Okay,” she said.  “See you in a few.”  “See you, baby.”

Hanging up the phone she turned and faced Sam, who had been sitting on her bed listening to the entire conversation.  Sometimes the lack of privacy bugged each of the girls but they were so used to it at that point that it didn’t matter.

“Are you insane?” Sam said in a loud whisper, indicating her disapproval right away.  “You can’t just … just leave with that guy!  You’ve only know him for a few weeks?  What the hell is wrong with you, Ali?”

Alison was already shoving some clothes into an old duffel bag from the bottom of their closet, barely listening to Sam.  Her mind was made up.  If she had to choose -- and her mom and dad were making her choose – then Justin was her choice.  She couldn’t breathe without him in her life, couldn’t imagine how she lived before that night he had come into her life.

 

“Sam, look … I don’t have time to explain everything now.  But you pretty much know what’s going on.  I’m not staying away from him.  I can’t.  So if this is how it has to be, then so be it.”

“How are you gonna live?  You’re gonna let yourself be dependent on some guy – who probably is a drug dealer, by the way – and let him totally support you?  Do you know how crazy this sounds?  What the fuck is wrong with you?”

Alison knew Sam was upset when she cursed.  The girls rarely cursed, mostly because their parents would’ve killed them, so it was kind of a big deal.  But she just didn’t have time to get into is with her right now. “Sammy, I promise I’ll call you later tonight, okay?  Right now I have to go; Justin’s outside waiting."

Sam got up from her bed and shook her head, her eyes filling with tears.  “So this is it?  You’re just gone?”

 

Alison dropped her backpack and duffel bag and walked over to hug Sam tightly.  “You’re gonna see me tomorrow in school, dummy,”” she tried to be light-hearted, knowing that Sam was so upset.  Alison was upset too, this was the biggest, scariest decision she’d ever made in her life but somehow she knew she had to assert herself and do, be with him, or she’d regret it forever.  Something about Justin’s love had just enveloped her and … she didn’t care.  She liked it.

Giving Sam one last squeeze, she let her go and licked up her things.  “Love you, Sammy.  I’ll call later, okay?”

Sam just nodded, standing their helpless to do anything.  “Bye.”

Just as Ali reached the foot of the stairs her dad appeared from out of the kitchen, watching in disbelief as she walked out the door.  “Alison!  Get the hell back in this house right now, damn it!”  He was angrier than she’d ever seen but she remembered Justin’s advice and quietly just kept walking, pretending she didn’t hear him.

Justin watched Alison emerged from the house.  She had just reached the sidewalk when the door opened and Mr. Welch came out, yelling something.  As Justin had told her, Alison didn’t engage.  She just walked to his car and never looked back.  Once she was inside, Mr. Welch stomped back into the house, obviously mad.

“I take it he’s angry,” Justin said wryly and Alison shook her head.

“I can’t believe this is happening.  It’s like a dream, you know?  I mean, you’re the first boyfriend I’ve ever had and they’re acting like I’m sixteen and pregnant.  They’re, like, making me choose between you and them.  And … well, obviously I chose you … I wish it didn’t have to be this way, but … I’m not staying away from you.”

Justin reached over and took her hand, which was cold and trembling and grasped it tightly.  “This will all blow over, baby, I promise.  They just need to realize you’re not a kid anymore.  You’re an adult now, and there are decisions you have to make about your life that they may not agree with.  It’s a part of life, Ali.”

“Did you have to break away from your parents, too?” she asked him.  He never talked about his family, really.  She sort of wondered about them, if she’d ever meet them.

He shrugged.  “I think it’s different for boys than girls,” he told her as he drove towards his apartment.  “But in a way, yeah, I had to have my own place because my mom would drive me crazy, being nosy.  Dad’s okay, he doesn’t get into our business much.”

“Who is ‘us’?” Alison wanted to know.

“Me and my brother Jason.  We call him Jase … you’ll meet him.  We hang out a lot; we work together and play basketball, shit like that.  And we talk almost every day.  We’re pretty close.  If anyone knows anything about me, it’s Jase, JC or Slo.”

Slo, Alison wondered. Maybe she could ask him about Slo now.  “You’re that close to Slo?” she inquired, not sure how to bring it up.  Or even if she should.  It wasn’t a big deal, really.

“Yeah,” he answered easily.  “He’s one of my best friends … why? You don’t like him?”

She shrugged, her mind drifting away from her trouble with her parents, which is exactly what Justin wanted.  ”Well, I only met him that one time.  He seemed okay … he just looked sort of …”


Justin was curious.  “Sort of what?  You can tell me, Ali.  You know I won’t tell anyone.”

“He looked like a gangster or a drug dealer,” she blurted out, her face hot with embarrassment.

Justin just gazed at her for a few seconds before turning his attention back to the road.  “I can see why you might think that,” he said slowly, with his brain spinning.  She was questioning him and that wasn’t a good thing.  She wasn’t ready to know yet. If he told her now, she’d probably jump out of the car!  “Umm … he dresses like that, I guess,” he said.  “But Slo is one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet.   I’ve known him forever; he was my first friend here when we came from Tennessee. So … yeah, he’s a good guy.  If you give it a chance I know you’ll like him. Can you try, for me?”  He glanced over at her and she was biting her lip.  How he wished he was the one doing the biting!

“I guess,” she finally answered.  “I mean, he didn’t do anything wrong.  He just looked … thuggish.  But a lot of people dress like that.  It’s not a big deal.  Of course, I’ll give him a chance if you want me to.”

Turning into his parking garage, Justin squeezed her hand even tighter.  “That’s my girl,” he smiled at her. “And … now we are at our home.  Should I carry you over the threshold?” he joked, making Alison laugh for the first time that day.

“You’re crazy, Justin.  Don’t you dare!” And she ran for the elevator but he caught her and turned her around.

“Welcome home, Ali,” he said, his lips a millimeter from hers, and she felt her knees begin to buckle.  It was a good thing he was holding her so tightly because she would’ve melted into a puddle on the floor.  “You’re gonna be so happy here; I know it.  And Ali?”

“Yes, Justin?” she leaned in closer.

He whispered “I love you, girl,” and her heart started pounding.  She couldn’t wait anymore so she leaned forward and made the connection.  Their lips met with a sizzling intensity.  Before long, Justin’s hands were around her waist and they slowly moved down to cup her ass.

“Justin!”

“What?” he said against her lips.

“Someone might see us, my God!”  And she stepped back a little.

“I don’t give a fuck,” he said, reaching for her again, and she gave him a look.

“Fine, I’ll stop,” he promised.  “But you started it by kissing me in public.  You just can’t get enough of me, can you?” he teased her and they both laughed.  Picking up her backpack that she had dropped, he reached a hand out for her to take and they went to the elevators, ascending to the penthouse.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: druggiej breakupj justin