Chapter 10

Sasha's POV:

This is some garbage.  Just some fucking garbage.  Tara left over three hours ago to 'talk' with Justin about something that was so fucking important that it couldn't wait until morning.  Important, my big fat black ass.  WTF would send her downstairs in a ROBE of all things to talk to him?  She really must think I'm just an idiot or something if she thinks that I think they're just '"talking".

Again.  Talking my big fat black ass.

It's all my fault, too.  If I hadn't said, 'Sure, I'll watch Riley' then none of this would be happening.  Jen is so exhausted from working at the hospital that she would've spit on Tara if she asked her something like that,  In fact, the only reason I said yes was because she caught me half-asleep, plus I was trying hard to be nice because I knew it had been a hard day for her, what with Cameron the new celebrity spokesperson for Pro-Activ or should be prancing all around, what a fucking pain in the ass part two. So when she asked me to watch Riley I laid down in their room, thinking she would be like 30 minutes. Instead I dozed off and when I saw the time, I went through the adjoining bathroom doors with the baby monitor to see what Jen thought we should do. It was after 3 already, now it's 3:30 and I don't know what to do.

Anyhow, after the cookout Lynn had thrown and we relaxed, showered and got ready for bed.  Jen passed out immediately but Tara was still buzzing nervous energy and so I hung around to see what her deal was.  I know something happened between her and Timberfuck but I just don't know WHAT.  She wouldn't tell me!  ME!  Keeper of all her secrets since we were three years old playing in the sandbox together.  So yeah.  She suddenly remembered something so important she had to ask about the christening tomorrow that couldn't wait.  I told her that it was after midnight for crying out loud, but she insisted she'd be right back and tell me everything then.

That's why I didn't make a huge deal about her nonsense. Simple nonsense.

I mean, you can't deny that this Justin and Tara shit is better than Flavor of Love, right?

 

So I let her go but now it's after 3 AM so what else could I do but wake up Jen?  Standing over her bed, I shook her shoulders a few times.

 

"Jen?  Jenny?  Wake up!" I whispered, praying Riley wouldn't hear me and wake up screaming for her mama. 

 

She groaned, "Leave me alone, Sash," but I couldn't.  I wasn't facing the horror of Justin and Tara having ... ew! sex ... all by myself.  I could feel the nausea rising in my throat.  Why hast thou forsaken me, Lord?

 

"Jen, get up! This is important!" I pushed her shoulder a few times and she finally rose up on her elbows to regard me with irritation.  She always was mean when she had no sleep.  Must have something to do with being a doctor.  Oh well.  Who cares?  I had important stuff to worry about 

"If Riley's not sick, I'm kicking your ass," she told me and I ignored her threat.

"Jen, Tara's STILL downstairs with him.  After THREE hours!" I whispered loudly.  "Can you believe this shit?  She fell right back into his bed even with his ugly ass girlfriend right next door!  I think we should go get her," I said, totally meaning it.  But then I thought about what I might see and decided to change tactics.  "I mean, at the least, I think YOU should go get her," I hastily corrected myself.  "I'll stay here with the baby.  C'mon, Jen, we need to save her from making another huge mistake!  She can't fall back into that pattern again, it'll be over my dead fucking body!"  I pulled at her arm again for her to get up but she pulled away and gave me a dirty look.

"What?  What'd I do?"  I asked, genuinely confused.

"Have a little bit of faith in your friend," she said, evil dripping from each word.  "Now go back to bed and leave me alone."

"But Jen--"

"But nothing! Tara has been through way too much to even even consider going down that road again and--"

Just then we heard a weird noise against the door.  Almost like someone banged into it.  After exchanging quick looks for a millimeter of a second, we jumped up simultaneously and ran to open the door, causing Tara to fall back onto Jen and me since she had apparently being the one leaning on it.  And -- EWWW -- Justin (in a robe as well, how GROSS) lost his balance and  fell as well.  If only he could've broken that big fat neck of his,.   But I digress.  I could not believe they had the nerve, the fucking audacity, to put their business their street like this.  I mean ... he had a girlfriend sleeping right next door.  He had blatantly cheated on Tara yet again.  And the list goes on and on ...Britney ... Hawaii ... and Britney ... the Halloween party in Orlando ... and Britney yet again .. that one dancer on the tour ... Alyssa Milano ... and now Cameron. Where does it end?

 

"Oh my God, we leaned on the wrong door! I'm so sorry!" an embarrassed Tara exclaimed, humiliated at being busted red-handed. I knew it!

 

I turned my gaze of pure hatred (which of course was only being intensified now) away from him to Tara, whose hair was all over the place and her tiny robe ... well, let's just say that I could see everything.  Just, as I'm sure, Timberfuck did as well.  Which is why they spent three hours 'talking'.  Ewwww!  And her hair was just everywhere, making her look sexy and ... EWWW!!  He had on some ratty ass old robe. Eww again..

 

I really, really allowed myself to think of them sexually, so I knew that I was about to hurl and walked over to the bed, sat down and sighed heavily.  "I give up."

 

Tara's POV:

What? Huh?  Did Sasha just sort of allow us to be together without her long running commentary?  Maybe this was an omen, maybe a tsunami or something was coming because this shit right now? -- NEVER happens.

I already knew the situation between me and Justin would cause a major blow-up but a quiet Sasha?  I didn't figure it would last long and I knew I was right because  after she calmed down (calmed down for her, anyway), she shook her head and said, "Jen?  Can you deal with this? Because I ..." she just shook her head, at a loss for words while Jen suddenly seemed to inherit the gift of gab.

"Have you completely lost it, Tara?" she hissed at me while giving Justin one of the nastiest looks I'd ever seen.  And since Jen was always the nicest, sweetest person ever, it made us feel about an inch big.  :"Screwing your ex while he's cheating on his girlfriend?  Classy.  I mean, Tara, really?  Everyone accepts that he has to be part of Riley's life but not yours! Why would you let him hurt your heart again? I think I--"

"Jen," Justin, looking all forceful which I loved, had a few things to say. "First of all, I'm not cheating on anyone right now.  I will tell her what's going on when I see her later today.  Second, what happens between me and Tara is just that.  It's nobody's business except us.  And third, we back together as of tonight so we're all going to learn how to deal with it somehow.  I know both of you are pissed off at me--" he eyed Sasha for a moment "but all I can do is show by my actions how I feel.  I hope this thing we have going on ... can go along so we can get along  But what matter most to me  is Tara and Riley, so .... I don't really know what to tell you." He shrugged his shoulders.

I squirmed out of his arms as Jen crossed her arms and made her stance even firmer.  "Look , Justin, if this is your effort at trying to make things better for all of us is for you to come harder.  Like, for real." She opened her mouth to say more but I cut her off. 

"Jen, I know you're on my side, looking out for me or whatever, but ...  I'm grown-up now, too. I deserve the chance to try things for myself without you guys having to protect me all the time.  I can take care of myself."

We all stood there in silence for a minute, then Sasha stood up and said (with massive attitude of course) that she was going back into the room I was sleeping in with Riley in it.  I felt   bad for Sash; she really wouldn't cry if Justin freaking died, I swear.  And vice versa.  I prayed to God to show me how to handle all of these people.  Half of me wanted to fly home, ASAP, but there were too many people there, many of them who had flown in for the event.  I couldn't do it.  Meanwhile the other half wanted to run to Lynn and cry on her shoulder.  But for one of many, many times, I wanted to be  in a relationship as an adult for awhile -- for both of us to be adults this time.

After Sasha stomped away (but didn't slam the door -- she ain't that crazy), Jen looked at bother of us thoughtfully.  "Tara ... you do remember what happened the last time you forgave him -- he cheated again, and with the one person who could make you feel  insecure.  Are you sure you want to do this?" She stared at me more as she said this? She stared at me she said this like trying to do the Jedi-mind trick on me.  In a way I wished it would work because I had all good and all the bad to remember.

Maybe I was biased after three hours of hot, raunchy sex but I leaning towards trying again.  At least until he told that gangly monster to crawl  back from under the rock from whence she came.  So I said so.

"Look, both of you ... whatever happened or didn't happen last night or this morning or whatever ... has nothing to do with anything right now.  What's important is what you say and how you deal with it.  Basically, how fast yo can get the hell out of here," I told him in a serious manner..  He laughed a little but I punched him in the arm so he shut the hell up.  "I'm not kidding, Justin, " I told him.

"Baby, she is so fucking history," he smiled, showing his gleaming teeth.  He pulled me back into his arms and Jen just rolled her eyes and went into the bedroom, completely disgusted with both of us.  When the door closed, he turned me around and kissed me hard and fast, masterfully  I could always sense what he was trying to tell me through a kiss.  This one was an "I'm back in charge here" kiss.  It wasn't true but he was free to think whatever he wants to do as long as he shut up for awhile.

I ran my fingers through his hair and gave him one last kiss,  "See you tomorrow."

But he wasn't ready to go yet.  "So, just this one thing, one thing and then we're back together?"

Sighing yet again for that night, I shook my head.  "Cut the zero and we'll see, okay?"

"Come sleep with me, baby," he pleaded but I stood my ground. 

"You sure weren't complaining a few hours ago," he laughed and I had to smile, too.  Then as I thought about Cameron I got nervous again so to avoid tears, which were threatening to spill at any moment I sucked in a deep breath and waited for the moment to pass.

Only after a few more kisses, he practically skipped away, so happy.  Maybe he felt as good as I felt?  Impossible, I thought to myself.  Suddenly tired, I went into the bedroom, put on some comfortable pj's and crawled in the comfortable bed, giving myself a few minutes to think things over.  Only I couldn't.  Think things over, I mean.  Maybe sleep would make me feel better about the break-up and then the christening.

Oh well.  I  had a full day and would definitely have a have a few more full days coming up as well.  I was ready pull the covers over my head and hoped my fairytale would come true. But that wasn't necessarily true; maybe my fairytale had changed.

When we were in the basement, Justin had spoken of kicking Cameron to the curb and me moving to Cali and us being together forever, the whole nine. He was ready, allegedly, to give up all semblances of bachelorhood and become a family man right away. Which was great. He and Riley should spend as much time together as possible.

The problem was me. I wasn't ready to throw away the life I had built for myself since we broke up. Finally I was settled and happy and I didn't know if I wanted to throw it all away to take a chance on a man to whom I had given so many other chances. Maybe I needed to still be single for awhile. Maybe Ii wasn't ready to become attached.

Maybe sometimes a booty call was just a booty call.

More than anything, I longed for Justin to stay in order to avoid facing both my thoughts and the duo left to kick me in the ass.  I knew something was headed my way soon, I just didn't know when.  I was getting ready for the thinly veiled insults sure to come when the adjoining door came flying open.  The second minute after I pulled the covers over my hair, my visitors arrived, wide awake.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"What the fuck is going on?"

"Are you crazy, hooking up with that asshole again?"

"You don't remember what he did to you, you know, how you cried and cried all summer, swearing that--" 

"Okay!" I whispered back as loudly as I could without waking up Riley.  "I get it!  I was stupid, I forgot how rushed I was when I caught him.  I remember it all now.  It's just that when we woke up we were talking ... he seemed like MY Justin, you know?  The old Justin that I fell in love with ... and I got carried away.  But it was just one sort of meaningless fling.  You'll see," I stood up to look at myself in front of the mirror trying to untangle the rat's nest that used to be my hair and waited ... and waited ...

But nothing happened.  Jen was busy staring at the ceiling while Sasha seemed enthralled by the rise and fall of Riley's tiny chest.  It was almost funny.  Normally they wouldn't shut up being near me or their insults about Justin and now they get deathly quiet all of a sudden.  I finally got my hair under control and braided it, then I turned to face them. 

"This is it?  You're not gonna say anything?  Because I could really use my sleep."

"Are you INSANE?" Jen finally shrieked.  Or tried to anyway, since we had house guests all around.  Oh, to be back in Maryland in my own quiet house with my own schedule for me and Riley.  What I would not give, I thought.  All hell could break out at any moment because even though I still suspected Justin being able to break things off with suspicion to the rampage, one look into her coke-riddled eyes made me think again. As I thought about that, I half-listened to the rampage being she was throwing my way.

"Have you already forgotten all the times he'd mess around on you in the clubs without you being there?  What about the times he did actually cheat? I mean, the times he was caught because who knows when he was really working and really lounging somewhere?  What kind of sick person does this to someone they claim 'to love'?  It's demoralizing to you and him and not only that it's depressing as hell for those of is who've had to watch him in case he tried to do that shit again?"

"Guys, look; I know how you care and no one appreciates the two of you more than I do, for sure.  But tonight was like," I thought hard about it for awhile, "it was closure.  Something I needed to get on my own, something that, unfortunately, neither of you can give me.  But I'm leaving him alone!    I haven't forgotten anything and what can I do to convince you of that?  What the hell do you want fro me?"  This was a completely humorous event

Again, Jen shook her head ominously and Sasha just got up to go into the other room, tossing a goodnight over her shoulder.  Jen followed suit, saying she'd see me in the morning but leaving that meeting as if it had gone exactly like she wanted to.  Why the hell were they so mad at me?  Why couldn't they once, just once, be a little happy for me?

Man, life sucks.

Justin's POV:

Damn it, I feel good!  I feel like .... like break dancing or busting out a beat boxing song or something!

I did it! I hit that shit, man.    Me and Tara! God, I feel like a fucking little kid who just got a new toy to play with ... yeah I got a new toy all right and it was right between those luscious thighs ...

I ain't gonna lie.

I wanted her just as much as she wanted me, shit, probably more, you know?  Definitely more, now that I think about it.  Ever since that day at her house when she wanted me to crawl into bed with her but since then my dick was at full attention and now it had finally got the attention that it needed.  Cam and I have always had a very active sex life but there's just always been something about Tara that makes my dick go crazy. 


 

But it's not just like that.  It's my heart too, you know?  And I meant every word I said about us being a family and making babies and shit.  I want her for the rest of life and that's no lie.  But how could I convince her to take me back on again?  'Cause the sex between me and T has always been fan-fucking-fantastic, so ... what else do I need to do to prove that I want her back?

To quote Tara, 'break the fuck up with Cameron, asshole.  Man up, dude.'

That's what she said to me a few hours ago, before she left my bed.  We had been lying together, just dozing and listening to each other breathe when she suddenly let out a deep sigh.  I was surprised because I thought she was sleeping. 

"Babe? You up?" I wrapped my arms around her tighter, breathing into her perfume.

She moved around some more and sighed again.  "Yeah ... just thinking."

She didn't sound happy or sad, which kind of threw me.  "Are you okay with ... what happened?  Because the way I'm feeling, I'm ready to drop down on one knee and propose," I laughed but was kind off serious.

Again, another sigh. "Yeah, I mean, I think so ... but what about--"

I cut her off, knowing exactly where this was leading to.  "In a matter of hours the one thing that is complicating us will be taken care of.  Just you and me, T, can't you just see it?  With Riley? She's gonna love California, babe.  And you  like it too but I was thinking we should buy a new house.  Something a little more kid-friendly, you know?" Glancing down, I saw her face wasn't as enthusiastic as I would've liked.  Now what?  Fuck!  Every time things start going well ...

 

"What, T?"  You don't like what I said?  What's wrong?"

 

She sort of slowly separated herself from my arms and reached for her robe and I immediately went to stop her.

"What're you doing?  We don't sleep with clothes on, T."  I pulled the robe one way and she pulled it the other until she gave in and let me snatch it from her.  The view - basically her with no clothes on --certainly didn't bother me much.

"Justin.  STOP!" she practically yelled so I gave in and let her put it on.  There's something so adorable about her being shy with me after all the years I had spent exploring every inch of her body.

"Fine.  Take your stupid robe," I told her.  "What made you pull away from me when I was just talking before?"

Another sigh.  She sat up next to me and ran a hand through her rumpled hair.  "Justin, you can't ... people just don't ... Look, I'm not anybody's rebound.  And that's what this is shaping up to be ... you dumping Cameron and picking things up with me again.  For the third time, Justin!  The THIRD time!"

 "The third time?  Nuh-uh, T!  I--"

I'm including Britney in this too."

Silence for awhile, then a soft, "Oh."  From me.  What the hell do you say to that?  "T ... those things are in the past.  Past as in gone. Over.  There's no one for me but you and Riley."

"You may say that now because you want that picket fence, the  2.5 kids, etc.  But when a baby is screaming at 4 AM and you have an 8 AM call, it's not so cute.  I don't even know if you've thought this stuff through."

She was oh-so-very wrong.  They were all I thought about, driving me crazy with wanting to make good decisions that affected all of us.  And I told her all of that and more until I literally unable to do that anymore.  I was half-drunk, half-exhausted from some back-breaking sex and just tired from the long day and what I had to do today.  At some point, Can was gonna be sent away.  I just had to figure out how to get it done without violence.  Anyhow, Tara said she needed to get back to Riley so I (reluctantly) put on an old robe to walk her upstairs.  We were almost at the door of the bedroom she was staying in when she turned and said to me, "You know, you don't owe me -- or us -- anything.  I'm not holding you to any of the stuff you said."

I laughed, because she was being so ridiculous and then the door opened and you know the rest of it.

The Holy Trinity, which is what I begun to start referring to Jen, Sasha and Tara, was a force to be reckoned with.    You did not deal with one, ever; you dealt with all three if you wanted any sort of relationship. Jen I could handle. Sasha was another problem, but I would learn. For T, I would learn..  Those girls were NOT getting into the way of my new/old relationship,  This time we were getting it right.

Sasha's POV:

The christening was okay, I guess.

At least the service, I mean. My mom always said shut up if you're only going to be mean and moody so there, In fact, I think because of the way I've been acting lately, she was referring to me. I think I've been really nice, considering things. She also meant for me to ignore Justin and his arm candy. Which means I haven't cursed out anyone yet, so I'm in a really bad mood. I haven't had too much to drink, although I haven't pulled Riley away from those trailer park relatives relatives of Timberfuck's but most importantly: I haven't jumped Cameron Diaz. I personally think it's a really big deal how much self control I'm working with here. Because I was prepared - fully prepared - from putting Vaseline on my face to taking off my earrings, if you know what I mean. Only I'd have to trust the person I left them with - they're expensive as shit. Still, it was Tara's day and she wants us to be quiet. So I did ...

But no. We all wake up at the crack of dawn to eat before the early church service. Jen and I wore gray while Justin and Tara wore black. Trace and Mike also dressed in black. I was surprised how well they all looked- except for Timberfuck. He looks like rotten vomit no matter what. Anyway, it was definitely a Sunday function with hats bobbing everywhere but it was sort of neat. Till SHE showed up. You could totally tell that she had Justin tell her what he was wearing so she could match him.

Fucking bitch.

Tara and Riley were pretty much inseparable right now, except for me, Jen and ... yeah, him too. We all posed in various areas and stuff until it was time for the service. And guess what? Justin had to nerve to motion Cameron over to take a picture with him and Riley. I was immediately irate and looked over at Tara to find out what to do. She looked furious but only anyone who knew her deep down could easily but she was fusion. Jen and I reached her at the same time, and of course I had my earring off and one shoe in my hand.

 "Girl, this is so on," I told her, putting my arm around her. "Let me take care of it."

Jen nodded but Tara stopped us. "No, guys. No. I have to learn how to deal with those cheap things on my own, you know? And I will," she sighed, and a determined look was on her face that I'd never seen before, hiding her real feelings.

My heart was bleeding for her, she looked so crushed and hurt. My God, I wanted to pull a Lorena Bobbitt and chop his dick off. I would actually pay to have someone do this at some point., but this stuff was Tara's business her so-called family, her baby. She had to make the decisions today.

 "You sure?" Jen asked. "Because we can ..."

Tara shook her head again and gave a sad grin. "I'm gonna take care of it, Just later. Trust me."

Jen told her, "But what about all the promises he made to you? To do TODAY, Tara. It's not fair and I think he should see his ass kicked . Even Mike wouldn't protect him."

I shrugged again, because the day was going nowhere like I though it would. Being nice to your enemies was just stupid as far as I was concerned.

Anyhow.

The actual ceremony went fine. Riley was chilling for the few minutes they were up there, gurgling away to the Pastor. Then we all sat down and listened to an interesting sermon, about, ironically, adultery while Justin and Tara watched Riley play in the church day care to make sure she was okay. Like someone was going to kill her in the church daycare? Whatever. I mean, this was a church daycare. Good Lord. Mike and Eric were right there to guard if need be. Waste of good money going down the drain. And excuse me but what the hell is Justin gonna do if someone does manage sneak in? I mean, he can't even handle a couple of photographers. If word gets out and beloved Millington is besieged, he's gonna lose it, I just know it. This was gonna be great. And no I didn't call the National Enquirer but this was too juicy so I guess I just was waiting for someone to pick up on it. I was sure it wouldn't take long, I was sure. So I just waited, listening to the sermon and ignoring my mom who was carrying on about how Tara's parents weren't there and blah blah blah ... I feel bad, I really and truly do but why take it out on Tara? She's sad enough without dick wad not supporting her through something like a hug or offering her an ear. And after all that shit he still went after her last night and deceived her. That was mean, downright hurtful and as my dad would say "jive-time". And to be honest, I can't believe I have to go through this J&T shit again.

So I just concentrated on my girls; Riley and Tara. One was perfectly fine and other one was on the verge of losing her cool. What to do?

After the ceremony I just made small talk with Aurora, Jen's mom, Tara, Jen and Jen's older sister while trying to figure things out. Pretty soon, by which I mean VERY soon, if you counted in Tara drinking a lot, there was going to be a heated conversation. And judging from the looks exchanged between Tara and that pock-faced bitch, all you needed to do was stare at a scared shitless Justin with a snarky smile and feel bad for Lynn for throwing such an awful party. This just wasn't the time and place for all of this. It wasn't her fault she had such an awful child.

I was talking with JC earlier, who arrived just in time for the ceremony and was looking quite nice in his double breasted suit, and we tried to think of a place where we could hook up ... and let's just say that JC also has a very nice hotel room. And I have a nice rental car. When I gave him the signal that Tara was okay, we would leave withing 15 minutes of each other and meet in my car. I just hoped I could avoid my dad. I wanted to tell him to talk to his boy before he got jacked up but JC makes it a policy never to offer Justin advice or interfere with his life. In fact, I was surprised he even came to the christening but I think it was more for Tara and me than Justin. Tara adores JC and is always trying to find ways to get him and Justin together but that would mean me and Justin being together and nobody wants that so they don't seem much of each other. Still, nothing would break the unspeakable bond the two of them had with one another. And believe you me, I have tried.

Wait. Was that ...? I saw a man with a big, thick neck and I recognized it anywhere. Not on purpose, but because I was forced to look at his ugly ass sometimes. Anyhow Mr. JT was walking pock-face to her room at his grandparents. Sitting my drink down (which should let you know what a big deal this was) I walked to the back of the house and slipped onto the patio to be able to see and hear more. I saw her reach out for his hand but he snatched it away, causing her to stop and shout, or rather just say loudly, "What the fuck is wrong with you?

Riveted (of course), I stood perfectly still so I could hear more of the conversation. He answered her but it was too quiet to hear him. Shit! I moved closer and leaned forward more, all of my attention on the couple a few feet away. Just when it looked like things were going to get really good, the sliding door behind me opened and Tara and Jen tripped out, barely stable on their feet. Tara, who couldn't drink while pregnant, was sure making up for not drinking all those past months, I noticed. She had a wine glass attached to her hand all day. Maybe she could smash it over Cameron's head ...

 "Shh!" I hissed at them, reaching out and pulling them closer. "Listen!" I whispered, pointing over to Justin and that bitch. They immediately figured out what was going on and shut the hell up so we could continue to better listen.

 "Would you fucking be quiet Cam? My whole fucking family is right inside and I don't want to hear you drunk, okay? So go upstairs and get the fuck into bed. You have an early flight tomorrow, remember? Now c'mon." He finally took her hand and tried to pull her more but was stopped. Man, stick figure is strong for such a skinny little bitch.

No!" she wrenched her arm away from Justin. Heh heh."You haven't kissed me, you haven't touched me, you haven't even fucking noticed that I existed all day!" she threw her purse down on the cement that lay between the two houses.

 "All day long you've been moving around her and the baby, 'Riley' this, 'Riley' that, what about me, Justin? Why was I always off to the side while 'she' got all the attention?" She yelled at him and for some reason I finally guess he felt the way she was behaving was not right. Talk about selfish. Who could argue with someone wanting to be around Riley? "Cam, calm the fuck down, okay? We need to chill out. The last time things happened they ... well between Tara and me... didn't go so well. And I'm trying to hold shit together right now so we can end the party and deal with everything! Just .. let me figure things out, okay? All right?

' "I don't feel like 'calming down': she gestured with that snarky voice. "I'm sick of Diana Ross and the Supremes being around here, holding onto you the only way they know how. And God I'm so sick of her parading that kid around like a show pony. Besides, did you ever get your own paternity test? Because there's actually no proof that actually says-"

I saw red. Pure, bright red that I think was foaming from my mouth, ears and nose. "Tara." I spoke quietly to keep from ordering my bestie around," you need to do something here."

Tara's POV:

I couldn't believe it. But there it was, right in front of me, and I could hear every bit of it. But did I want to hear it, was the question. I took a hard sip from my gin and tonic and waited, ears straining.

http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/7463503d4f307d1c4c91d9637308ca122ff0c18.gif...that she's yours," Cameron finished. That motherfucking bitch! It took everything in me, I mean EVERYTHING, but I wanted to hear what he really felt. If he really meant what he said to me over and over, that he loved me and belonged with me. "Or is this all to get into her pants?

Luckily, I wasn't disappointed.

 "What the FUCK did you just say to me?!" He exploded, forgetting his own warning to keep things down with so many guests around. But I didn't care. I was enjoying it suddenly, sipping some more of my drink.

Justin pointed a finger in her face. "If you ever say that shit about my child and her mother again ... I'll ... I swear ..I won't hit a girl but man ...." He was literally sputtering and it was so gratifying. I actually felt tears in my eyes. Had he really meant it? Although I tried to keep my feelings closed, I still wanted so hard to believe that I wanted the same thing. But the more I thought about it,w as I really ready to throw away the life I had for myself in Maryland, to move wherever his sense of home would be? Was Riley going to be able to form attachments, have friends and a routine? I couldn't just pick up and fly around where ever I wanted anymore. Everything had to be thought for two.

I was in a quandary and I didn't even know why. I wanted Justin, of course, but I also wanted things to go slow instead of tumbling headfirst into a superstar, Being in a group with some guys was one thing but being with one of the sexiest bachelors in the world was daunting.. I didn't know what the hell to do, so I just continued to sip my drink, then set it down to take off my shoes as they were killing my feet. And watched and listened.

Cameron laughed as Justin pointed his finger at her, as if she didn't have a care in the world. "What? Are you threatening me?" she laughed again. "Whatever, Justin. You had a little fling, didn't you, last night? I knew it! The second you put me in that house and her in yours I knew that things would happen. So I played the dumb girlfriend role, watched you two NOT watching each other, avoiding each other ... it was so predictable. I don't even care, you know? If you could come to me after you fucked her, then you definitely come to me after you fucked her! You're a cold-hearted bastard, Justin, and you can have your illegitimate kid and black mom and fucking stick them up your ass! I'm leaving tonight, and I hope I never see your fucking face again!"

Justin laughed, and unfortunately so did Jen, Sasha and me. We couldn't help it. It was so melodramatic, so over the top. It sounded like something she did in a movie, which it probably was, the more I learned about her. When she heard laughing, she spun around and saw us laughing and practically imploded. Oh my God, it was the funniest ever!

 "What the fuck is so funny, bitches?" She started coming towards us, and Justin grabbed her by the waist, trying to stop the situation from escalating ... which it was definitely going to, if I had anything to say about it. Fuck the people inside Lynn's, if you'll pardon me. I had been waiting for this for a long time.

I took a step towards her and set my glass down on some patio furniture. Sauntering over barefoot, I pulled my hair back with one hand and walked over to her, close but not enough to touch. No way was I becoming a felon for assault charges. I just wanted to let her know that I knew. "You know what, Cameron? All along I knew about you fucking him behind my back and that's why I left. But guess what? He came back. To ME. He came back to me and our daughter, something you'll never have with him." I smiled and crossed my arms, waiting for her response.

Justin, still holding her around the waist, looked completely helpless. He asked Jen to get me away but one thing I don't do is run from a fight. I stood my ground and waited some more, while she was trying to still get away from him which didn't help since no one was holding me back. My Supremes were holding me down for sure, flanking my sides like soldiers.

 "Tara," he pleaded with me, "please just go? I'm handling shit like I promised you I would. I just have to calm down and straighten things out more and then I'll be right right back. Okay?"

Whatever. "I'm not going anywhere. This party is for my daughter and I am officially invited. Some people, on the other hand ..." I let my voice trail off, getting my point across. She finally stopped lunging for me and Justin let her go, loosening his grip on her slightly.

 "You fucking bitch!" Cameron exclaimed. "Justin is MY boyfriend. If anyone deserves to be here, it's me." Huh? Her logic didn't even make any sense.

 "And I'm Riley's mother, dumb ass," I laughed again, unable to believe the words that were coming out of her mouth. " What kind of sense does that make, you idiot? And Diana Ross and the Supremes? Girl I think I'm going to kick your ass right now, you acne-scarred, pock-faced--"

STOP!" We all turned around and we all so Mike lumbering down to us across the lawn. Once he finally reached us, he told us, "This is Lynn's house. Y'all don't need to get into this right now and you know it, so act like you got some sense! He pointed a finger at all of us.

"You need to settle this now, Justin! It's me or her, and I want you to fucking tell me right now!" Lynn and Paul appeared at the French doors that led outside and immediately I was humiliated. I wanted all this over with posthaste and hoped Justin could quickly diffuse the situation. Not only was it ghetto, it was embarrassing.

 

The only comfort I could take from the situation was that Cameron was the one acting like a ghetto ass bitch, not me.

 

I don't think, anyway.

 

Justin's POV:

 

Fuck it, my head was swimming. First trying to play it cool in front of the guests, Tara and Cameron, now I had to deal with a possible fight in front of my parents. At least God was looking out for me, I swear. What the fuck could've happened would've mighty been entertaining for sure, since it was 3 to 1, but Diana Ross and the Supremes weren't backing down at all. Maybe Cam would shut up when she saw she was outnumbered and knew Mike didn't care for her to protect her so who knows what kinds of shit would pop off ... if I had any sense I know I fucking would. But he showed and up and got Tara and her girl together.

 

Tara stared at me a long time, waiting for me to answer, I know. Don't get me wrong, I knew what I wanted to answer to be; I just wanted to say it in a not so harsh way. But we all stood there and I had to do something before my fucking grandparents came out and saw what was going on. I just had to chill the situation the fuck out. Okay ... here goes.

 

"Mike? Can you take Tara and everyone back into the house again? I need to finish up here," I tried to be polite but her bitch ass friend wasn't having it.

My mom appeared out of nowhere and tried to help me. "Justin, Cameron? Do you guys need some help? Tara, I put Riley down ... what's going on out here?"

We all ignored her, unfortunately.

"Finish up?" Sasha asked with an attitude. Gee what a big surprise. "Whatever you have to say to that trick you can say in front of Tara. Spit it out, dude."

My God, I hated her. "I'm trying to make this is easy as possible," I said just as nastily. Not to mention it was none of her fucking business.

"Easy"?" Cameron had finally settled down but I still kept an arm around her just in case she got the idea to go over to that hyena. "Make what so easy, Justin? She's right, If you have something to say, just say it. I don't have time for any bullshit!"

So everyone was looking at me,waiting. I was breaking out into a sweat and I was scared. But there was nothing else to do; I wanted to be with Tara and I didn't want to be with Cam. It would've been nice to break it to her an easier way but it looked like that wasn't going to happen. So I took deep sigh and began to try to explain to Cam.


"Last night ... me and Tara had a talk and--"

 "A talk," Cam snorted. "A talk, my ass. Or should I say her ass? Because you fucked her, didn't you? This is some bullshit, Justin. I'm getting the hell out of here so you and your country bumpkins can all be happy with the cast of Motown. Okay? And don't come crawling back to me after you stuck it into that piece of trash."

Jesus. In from of my Mom and Dad? Oh, this was some real class right here. Suddenly I wondered what the hell I had been doing with someone so tactless and classless ... now I knew I had made the correct decision.

 "Trash?" Sasha started toward her but Mike grabbed her arm, thank God. A fight between the two of them was the last thing I needed.

Tara finally spoke up again. "Okay, trick. You want me? Come and get me." She began walking barefoot towards Cam, who suddenly found the means to shut the fuck up. "I'm definitely not scared of your ass. This may be Lynn's house and I don't want to disrespect it, but if you keep fucking with me you WILL get an ass kicking, I can promise you that. Say one more thing about my daughter and see what happens."

 "Bitch!" was all Cam had to say, which was kind of funny.

But T wasn't having any of that shit, walking up close to Cam and getting right in her face. Mike, Sasha and everyone, including me, waited with baited breath to see what would happen next.

 

"If you see a bitch, then slap a bitch." was all Tara said. Which was even more embarrassing for Cam because she stood there staring at Tara face to face, then turned around and walked away to my grandparents house. No come back, no nothing. It was kind of a buzz kill, actually. I was waiting for a little more excitement; at least a little cat fight.

 

We all stood there watching Cam go into the house and then stood there watching until she was gone, then I breathed a deep sigh of relief. Finally it was over. I had told everyone everything and there was nothing left to hide. I glanced over at Tara and she still looked mad, which confused me. I wasn't sure what to do, so as I loosened my tie, I walked over to her. Reaching for her hand, I said, "It's over. I did it."

 

She glared at me which surprised the hell out of me. "What did I do?" I asked. "I told her it was over!"

 "Barely," she said in a mean voice. "Could you have stuttered anymore? Why was it so important to worry about HER feelings when you don't seem to give a fuck about mine?"

I sighed. This was seriously turning into a nightmare. "T, you KNOW I care about your feelings. That's why I did this! I--"

 "Save it," she said and turned around and with her and the cast of Motown minus Mike (that was pretty funny) followed her into the house, leaving me to explain myself to everyone. But first I had one question.

Completely confused, I turned to Mom, Mike and Paul and asked, "What the hell did I do now?"

My mom shook her head and sighed. Jesus, who hadn't sighed over these past few hellish days?

 "Justin ... I try to stay out of your love life, you know that. But that--" she pointed behind her to where a furious Tara had just disappeared to "is not just one of your girlfriends! She is the mother of your child. That is very different and I thought you knew that!"

 "But Momma, I--"

Shaking her head again, she stopped me before I could even get going. "I have a pretty good guess what went on here last night and I don't even wanna think about that. But you owe her way more respect than what I've seen going down around here."

If there wasn't enough proof that things weren't going right, my mom using phrases like things 'going down' around here was plenty proof enough.

And then .... "Hey, what'd I miss?" Holding a bottle of beer, JC stepped out with a huge smile on his face.

Fuck me.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj cheaterj justin