April 2000

 

JC was looking forward to have the whole week off, he and his four bandmates had just released the long awaited “No Strings Attached.” album, just last month, which broke the record for the highest album sold, it was a great accomplishment, to celebrate, Johnny gave them each a week off to go visit their families and other friends, so they can relax and recharge until there next tour starts in three months. So JC took advantage of that situation, and headed back East to his hometown in Maryland, Justin went back to Tennessee, Joey and Chris remained in Florida cause that is where his families were, while Lance flew back to Mississippi, and they each agreed that as soon as the week was over, they were to head back to Orlando.

 

“Is this the place kid?” The taxi guy told JC

 

“Yep, right here, thank you sir.” JC kindly thanked him and gave him the fare.

 

The taxi cab pulled to a small yellow house, surrounded by flowers, JC could see his dad’s truck in the driveway, meaning that his family was home, they didn’t know that he was coming over to see them, he wanted to show up and surprise them.

 

He breathed in and smelled the sweet smelling spring air, so much better than the endless summer heat in Florida.

 

“Now this is what you call spring.” JC sighed happily, he could hear the birds chirping, the bees buzzing, kids playing in the distance, and everything felt so nice, what could go wrong?

 

He walked up to the front door, and pulled out a spare key that was in his backpack, he put the key into the lock and the door opened with a click, he was already greeted the aromas of a home-cooked meal.

 

“Mom, Dad?” He called out, closing the door behind him.

 

He called again, and this time his mother came in from the kitchen, “Josh?”

 

“Josh!” She cried happily, “It’s so good to see you! What a wonderful surprise! You didn’t tell me you were coming! She pulled him into a tight embrace.

 

“We have a week off so I decided to come here, where’s dad?” He said, pulling away from her.

 

“Your dad?” She asked.

 

JC saw that she seemed hesitant for a moment, and he thought immediately that something was wrong.

 

“Is everything okay with dad?” JC asked.

 

“Oh yeah sure, he’s fine, he’s in the back, he’s talking to someone.” Karen headed back into the kitchen, all of sudden, she didn’t want to make eye contact with him.

 

JC wondered what was going on and headed to the back of the house where the porch was, he saw his dad, with an older burly man, messy curly hair, a beard, some worn clothes, he was pretty tall, and bright blue eyes.

 

JC’s dad turned to look him, “Son, you didn’t tell me that you were coming.” He gave him a half smile and a one-armed hug.

 

“I wanted to surprise you.” He told him quietly.

 

Roy didn’t say anything, he just looked over at JC and then to the burly man.

 

“Who’s this guy?” JC asked him.

 

An awkward silence filled the room, and he didn’t notice that his mom was right behind him.

 

“Who is he?” He repeated.

 

“Um honey?” Karen turned to look at him, “this guy is your-um.”

 

“Father.” The burly man said, his voice was rough but strong.

 

JC didn’t know if he heard correctly or what, “What did you say?”

 

“I’m your father, your biological father.”

 

JC stopped breathing for a moment, and continued to look at the burly man, then at his parents.

 

What the hell?” JC shouted, “What do you mean, he’s my biological father, that’s impossible! That is, that is, Mom! How could you? Why is here ? What does he want from me? This man is not my father, I am sorry to say!

 

“Oh but its true, here are the documents.” The burly man showed him the documents and JC yanked them from his hand and looked at them, they were pretty old, they were yellowed and worn, but JC could clearly see his biological mother’s name and her photo on the birth certificate, and right under her name was a picture of the burley man, but much younger than what we looked like now, his name was Thomas.

 

“This was before you were adopted honey.” Karen told him quietly.

 

That is not my last name, my last name is Chasez, my mother gave me up to live with you guys, because she couldn’t care for me anymore, I know my biological mother, I do not know you.” JC tossed the documents in his face and walked away from them, he headed towards the front door.

 

“Josh wait!” Karen called out to him.

 

“Mom, leave me alone! If you cared for me so much, you wouldn’t have let him into this house!” He shouted.

 

“Honey, let me explain-

 

“You don’t have to explain nothing mom, I walk alone.” JC’s meaning was cold, he headed outside, went to the garage, found a bike, and used it.

 

Roy came out, “Son, get back here!

 

JC didn’t listen to them, in fact, he didn’t want to listen to anyone, he took the bike and pedaled away, tears streaming down his face, this was supposed to be a week where he could relax and spend time with his parents, but no, some stranger comes into the house, saying that he’s the father of him? Why the very nerve of that guy, who does he think he is? Did he know who he was? All of these years of knowing the family that he has ever known, and he shows up like nothing is wrong? JC was hurt, angry, a bunch of emotions rolled into one, he didn’t know where he was going, he just needed to get away, away from them, away from everything, all he knew was that the beautiful sights and sounds of spring, was beginning to have a dark side.

Chapter End Notes:

Let me know if you guys like it, I was actually gonna write this in June, but I just wanted to put this out there now..lolz

I'll update when I can.. :)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story