Author's Chapter Notes:
When JC meets a little girl by the name of Becky...

JC arrived at a nearby park, and sat down at the bottom of the tree, he threw the bike on the grass, and just wanted to crumple down and cry. He was angry and distraught, what can he do? What could he do? He placed his hands on his face and tried his best to console himself, his thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a tiny voice, he looked up to see that he was facing a girl, a little girl, about the age of eight or nine. She had long auburn hair, one strand of it was braided and decorated with beads, she was eating an ice cream cone on one hand, and on the other hand, had it placed on her hip.

 

“Huh?” JC called out.

 

“The ball, can you pass it to me? It’s right there.” She said.

 

JC looked to his side and saw a soccer ball next to him; he stared at it for a while and gently picked the ball up and handed it to the little girl.

 

The little girl looked at him thoughtfully and asked, “Are you okay sir?”

 

“Yeah I’m okay.”

 

“You don’t look okay, you look like you have been crying, and when a person is crying, that means that something is troubling him, besides there are two kinds of tears in this world, one is happy tears, and the other sorrow tears, usually happy tears come out when something wonderful has happened to that person, sorrow means something much more deep or misunderstood, so by looking at you, something has been bothering you, would you care to explain? If not, I’ll leave you here, so I can continue with my soccer game.”

 

JC looked at the little girl in amazement; he couldn’t believe that he was being lectured by a kid. He wiped the tears away from his face and told her that something was bothering him, but he refused to tell her.

 

The little girl wasn’t buying it; in fact, she called out to her friends that they can continue the soccer game without her, so she tossed the ball over to them and gave them a little wave. Then she sat down next to JC and introduced herself.

 

“Hi I’m Becky, my real name is Rebecca, but you can call me Becky.” She gave him a big smile and put her hand out waiting for JC to give her handshake.

 

She was still eating her ice cream cone on the other hand.

 

“I’m JC.” He told her quietly.

 

“Jay Cee?”

 

“No, as in letter J and a letter C, you know initials.”

 

“Oh.” She then finished the last bit of her ice cream cone, and looked over at JC.

 

“Do you want me to get you some ice cream? They have one with rainbow sprinkles.” She grinned.

 


“No, it’s okay, thank you though.”

 

Becky stayed quiet for a moment and looked at the other kids playing in the distance.

 

“You know, you can go play with your friends if you want, you don’t have to be here being bored with me.” JC told her.

 

“I’m not bored.” Becky replied, “I wanna know what’s troubling you.”

 

“Why would I tell you my problems? You are just a kid, no offense.” JC told her.

 

“I may be just a kid, but I’m not the one sitting by a tree being a cry baby now am I?”

 

JC said to himself, “Man this kid is smart.”

 

“Trust me.” The little girl continued, “You would feel much better if you told someone your problems.”

 

JC turned to her and said. “Well, what would you do if your father shows up after so and so years and wanted to act like nothing is wrong?”

 

Becky thought for a moment, “It depends on the situation.”

 

“Well my situation is very complicated, you would never understand.”

 

“JC, I understand a lot of things, you’d be surprised how much I know, despite the young age that I am, you see, I don’t have any parents, I was raised by a nice lady who I call Greta, I don’t even remember how they looked like, Greta cared for me and took me into her home, she then told me that she found me on her doorstep as a baby, and so I was raised by her ever since, you see my friends over there playing soccer? They have also been in a same situation, and they live in a foster home, who Greta actually owns, and sometimes if we behave, she takes us all out for ice cream.”

 

JC listened to her story intently but didn’t say anything; in fact, she let her continue with her story.

 

“And Greta’s foster home is really nice, it has a pool, vending machines, its like being a kid in a candy store, it’s like being in camp.” Becky grinned.

 

JC still didn’t say anything.

 

“Are you gonna say something or not? What’s the matter, cat got your tongue?” She laughed at her own joke.

 

JC smiled and told him his side of the story, “I was adopted Becky, at the age of five, I know who my birth mother is, I never knew my father, my mother couldn’t care for me anymore, and so gave me to some wonderful people who raised me well, she actually knew them for a while, and so we all developed a close relationship, and my mother told me, that I have an open door policy and can visit anytime I wanted. Shortly after, I grew up and by the time I was thirteen, my adoptive parents signed me up to be on a Disney show, and to make this short, I’m actually part of a super popular music group at the moment.”

 

Becky’s eyes went wide, “Like the Spice Girls?”

 

JC laughed at her comment, “Kinda, except that we are all guys.”

 

“I would like to listen to some of your music JC, if that’s okay, maybe one day?”

 

“Do you watch Disney?”

 

“Sometimes I do, but I’m always outside playing with my friends.”

 

“Well maybe one day you can meet some of my friends, I’m sure they’ll love to meet you, you seem like a nice little girl.” JC told her.

 

“Thank you JC, I would like that, but before anything, you have to meet Greta.”

 

“Yeah, but I just don’t know how am I gonna handle my folks, I kinda ran away, you see? I flew in from Orlando cause I’m on break, and wanted to surprise them, and so, everything was ruined cause my biological father was there, and I have never knew him in my life, I remember once my adoptive parents told me when I was much younger if I wanted to look for him or something, and I told them no, not interested, and that I was content in knowing my mother, and so he shows up and act like nothing is wrong, and what hurts the most, is that my adoptive parents felt like they didn’t know how to tell me, I felt like they were hiding something.” JC explained and let out an aggravated sigh.

 

“Did you let them explain or did you run off from your problems?”

 

“I uh- I didn’t wanna be there, I was upset, cause it was too much to take.”

 

“I understand, I know that must’ve tough for you to see a complete stranger and saying that he was your father, after not being there with you all of those years; that is like a slap in the face.” Becky told him.

 

“You got that right.”

 

“Tell you what, try to go back, and reason with your adoptive parents, and listen to what they gotta say, that stranger who claims to be your father should not be in the room with you, after all, he wasn’t there, it was your parents that have been there with you, through thick and thin, am I right?”

 

JC nodded, “Right.”

 

Becky was gonna say something else to him but was interrupted by a lady that came up to them.

 

“Becky, it’s time to go hon.”

 

“Greta! I’m sorry, I lost track of time.”

 

“You met a friend?” She asked.

 

JC stood up, like the gentleman he was and went to shake her hand, she was an older woman, grey hair at her temples, but she seemed active, she was wearing track pants with a Tshirt.

 

“Greta, this is JC, JC Greta.” Becky smiled sweetly.

 

“Nice to meet you JC.”

 

“Same.”

 

“Greta, is it okay if JC can come visit? He’s part of a super pop group, and I want him to visit us with his friends.”

 

“Sure, the more the merrier, let me give you the address so you can come visit anytime.” Greta told him.

 

After Greta gave JC the address, Becky waved goodbye to him and told him to keep in touch.

 

JC smiled at them, and he felt a little bit better, Becky was right, it felt nice to talk to someone, and he was gonna see her again real soon, just after he dealt with the problems that he had to face at home.

Chapter End Notes:

Aww.. :)

Thanks for reading and reviewing..hope you guys are liking it so far..



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story