Author's Chapter Notes:

Time goes by...so slowly.

Pure fiction...

It was nearly dark when JC arrived home, he saw that all of the lights were off, but his dad’s car wasn’t in the driveway, he looked at his watch and saw that it was eight-thirty, a strange feeling swept over him and he thought immediately that something was wrong; tossing the bike on the front lawn, he took his keys out and pushed open the front door, he turned the lights on, nothing.

 

“Well that’s just odd.” He thought to himself and looked for the power source and tried to turn on the lights manually, when he did manage to flip all the switches, he gasped at the sight that he saw, the house was a mess, a complete mess. “I should’ve have never left them with that maniac!”

 

JC immediately felt guilty, he let out an aggravated sigh and looked around through the mess to see if he had found any sort of clue, cause there was no way he was gonna call the police, what would do police do anyway? If he was gonna find his parents, he was gonna find them himself, but how? His eye caught a piece of paper sitting on top of the kitchen counter, picking the paper he skimmed through the note and realized that it was a ransom note. His hands were shaking as he was reading it, it said:

 

Hello JC Chasez, yes this is Thomas, since you think that I’m not your father, I decided to do a little test, I know exactly who you are sir, you are filthy stinkin rich, and all of my life I have waited for this moment, when I found out that my son was famous, I couldn’t help myself, I needed to see you, I have lived a very difficult life, yes, I know that I left you at a young age, and disappeared for a while, I couldn’t stand your mother Susan, she was always arguing with me, which is why I left, and was never heard from again. I know that your adoptive parents asked you if you wanted to search for me, you made no plan to intend to, and I understand that, but when you arrived here today, I just, it was something that I couldn’t explain, it’s been too long, way too long, if you would like to see Roy and Karen again, please come by in the next twenty four hours to Eagle Hill, and bring me thirty-million dollars in cash, then I’ll release them, if not, well, lets just say, that you won’t see them again, and you and me will have the relationship that we were supposed to have as a father and son. You have twenty four hours, I’ll be waiting…

 

By the end of the letter, JC’s breath caught in his throat, his mind whirred and everything went fuzzy, this was just too much to take, he needed to get a move on and fast, he needed backup, he had only one option, instead of calling the cops, he needed to call the guys, this was an emergency.

 

 

After JC was cleaning the mess up at the house, his mind was running a million miles and was calling the first person he could think of, one who would actually start to pick fights; Chris.

 

“Come on Chris, pick up, please pick up.” JC pleaded.

 

Chris picked up after the fourth ring, “Hey Jace, what’s happening?” He greeted.

 

“Chris, thank God you picked up the phone, something terrible has happened.”

 

“Wait, what? Are you okay, tell me what’s wrong?”

 

“I don’t even know where to start Chris, I don’t know!” JC shouted through the phone.

 

“Jace, calm down, you can start at the beginning, now take a deep breath and let it out slowly.”

 

JC sucked in a breath and let it out slowly.

 

“Okay, good now tell me, what’s wrong, did you get to Maryland?” Chris asked.

 

“Yes I did, and I found a wonderful surprise, do you remember how I told you and the guys that I made no plans in searching for my biological father?”

 

“Yeah?” Chris told him.

 

“Well, he showed up randomly at my parents’ house, he was sitting there.”

 

“Wait, he was sitting there? Like nothing? And Roy and Karen let him in?” Chris wondered.

 

“Yeah, they did. He had the documents and everything.”

 

“That ain’t right, that’s not right at all, after all of these years he shows up now? The nerve of that guy, what does he want, he obviously wants something.”

 

“Oh he wants something alright, when I found out that he said that he was my biological father, I freaked, I was upset, I didn’t wanna see anyone, so I ran out of the house and stayed under a tree near a park and cried.” JC explained.

 

“Jace, I’m-so sorry this has happened to you.” Chris told him quietly.

 

“Then I met a little girl named Becky, who I would tell you more about her later.”

 

“So I’m guessing he found out that you are a famous superstar and he wants your money?”

 

“Exactly, you wanna know what else?” When I came back home, he left a ransom note claiming that if I wanted to see my parents again, I needed to give him thirty million dollars in cash, can you believe it Chris?” JC argued.

 

“Well, that is just plain psycho! You mean, he’s holding your parents hostage?” Chris shouted to the receiver.

 

“Yes.” JC said, trying to hold back tears.

 

“JC, you need backup, and fast, I’ll tell the guys that you called, and that we need to meet you there in Maryland so we can sort this out, got it?”

 

“Got it.” JC told him.

 

“Don’t worry JC, everything is gonna be fine, I’ll be on the next flight out.” And with that Chris hanged up the phone.

 

JC just stared at his cell phone for a minute and placed it down on the counter in front of it.

 

He looked at the clock that was on the wall, time was ticking.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
I'll update the next chapter soon, thanks for reading and reviewing. :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story