Author's Chapter Notes:

Ashley and JC arrive at their destination.. :)

Welcome to New Jersey; What a Difference a State Makes!

 

Ashley couldn’t help but smile down the highway as she read the welcome sign, she was so happy, she opened the windows and breathed in the fresh air, and looked over at JC, who was still asleep but started to stir at the sudden cold air.

 

“Hey Jace, wake up! We are here!” She beamed.

 

JC woke up, rubbed his eyes and looked around confused, and saw rows of deciduous autumn trees.

 

Luckily, Ashley knew that the autumn trees were at their peak, because they arrived in mid-November, just a few weeks before Thanksgiving.

 

Ashley looked at the time on the dashboard, it was nearly five, and maybe she can show JC the welcome place before continuing on the road.

 

Using her turn signal she merged onto the right lane, the sign said Delaware Water Gap.

 

“It’s been forever since I’ve been here.” She told herself.

 

She drove into a parking lot, there were autumn trees and a picnic area and a wooden staircase that lead to the river area, the river had a mountain view, which had gorgeous hues of reds, yellows, and oranges.

 

“Isn’t this closed?” JC asked when he looked at the few cars in the parking lot.

 

They close at six, we have an hour left, come on, let me show you.” Ashley turned her car off and headed out the door, practically running to the passenger side waiting for JC to get out.

 

“You are so giddy right now.” JC laughed.

 

“I just can’t believe I’m finally here! I really miss this place, I have so many things to show you, if nothing satisfies you, you can go back to LA.”

 

“Well if I stay with you, maybe I don’t need to go back.” JC smirked.

 

“Oh I know you are gonna love this place JC, but I can’t show everything in one day, that takes time.”

 

Ashley then took JC to the mountain view area, they saw an elderly couple taking photos of the mountain.

 

“That’s gonna be us in the future, I know that we are gonna grow old together Ashley.” He put an arm around her and kissed her on the cheek.

 

Ashley smiled to herself, while looking up at the mountain and the cold blue water, she wondered if JC was the guy for her, sure, he had a few ex-girlfriends before, and some were probably behind him for his money and everything else, but Ashley saw him differently, she felt the love he had for her, and she wasn’t behind him for his profit, she cared for him, she cared for him a whole lot, after all, if he went this far, to join her on this trip, he must really love her.

 

“The water is calm now, but I do know that if it rains a lot, this whole area floods, because a dam was never was built back in 1955, people who lived here, had to evacuate and leave their farms and houses.” Ashley explained.

 

“All of this was flooded?” JC wondered.

 

“Yeah, mostly.”

 

“They should build a dam then, because I think it’s a pretty place, it looks like the mountains are coming right at us.”

 

“They were planning to build one, but it was stalled, because since these mountains are shared with the state of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, they have to agree to build it, but so far, nothing. Its been like that ever since, there’s even an abandoned ghost town up on Old Mine Road, but I believe that’s closed now.”

 

“Wow, you sure know your history.” JC was fascinated, he was getting interested in all of the stories she was saying, and he just got here.

 

Ashley continued talking about the historical details of the park, and then they went down to the river, they took pictures of the mountain, and they shared a few kisses here and there.

 

“I’m not gonna post any photos of us just yet, these would go in the private stash.” JC told her.

 

It was then getting a bit dark and Ashley knew she couldn’t see pretty well at night, even with her glasses on, so luckily she was heading over to her mom’s house, she was gonna surprise her, her mom didn’t know that she was coming, with a really good friend of hers.

 

“Alright JC, we are gonna head over to my mom’s house, she has plenty of rooms, but if you aren’t comfortable you are welcome to stay at a hotel or something.” Ashley told him, as she was buckling her seat belt and turning her head lights on.

 

“I don’t want to stay at a hotel, I want to stay with you, and I want to meet your mom.” JC told her.

 

“Ok, it’s about an hour drive longer so just so you know.”

 

“Don’t worry; I’m starting to enjoy this.”

 

Ashley smiled to herself and exited the parking lot and headed onto the highway once again.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Fun fact:

Delaware Water Gap is an actual place in the state, and the flooding did happen in that year, in which people had to leave their farms and homes, on the road that I described, you can see abandoned farm houses from many years ago, along with the abandoned ghost town.

I would update more soon.. :) Hope you are enjoying the story.. Read/review thankies, and thanks to those that have been reading..



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story