Author's Chapter Notes:
"I need a room for the night."

Ashley paid attention to the road signs and exits, and was looking for a hotel to stay for the night, She looked over at JC, who was asleep. “Figures” She muttered.

Sometimes, Ashley had the habit of talking to herself whenever she was angry or tired, she looked at the clock on the dashboard of her car, it was about three in the morning, so far she has passed California, Nevada, and was on her way to Utah. She needed to make a stop at Utah so she could get some sleep. Looking at the service road signs to see if any of them had any hotel lodgings, she spotted one about fifty-five miles away, and smiled to herself; using her right turn signal she merged onto the lane, she slowed down when she saw the hotel signs in the area, looking for an affordable one she stopped and pulled into the hotel’s parking lot. Turning the ignition off, she looked over at JC and slightly nudged him.

 

JC mumbled in return then slowly opened his eyes, a dazed look on his face. He looked confused and wondered where he was, looking at the hotel sign he turned back to Ashley and smirked at her.

 

“It’s a hotel Jace, to sleep and eat rubber eggs for breakfast, nothing else.” Ashley told him and grabbed her backpack.

 

“I didn’t say anything..wait a minute, rubber eggs?” JC laughed.

 

“Never mind.”

 

She got out of the car and JC followed behind her, opening the front door of the hotel lobby, startling the man behind the counter by her sudden outburst.

 

Ashley told him politely, “Yes I need a room for the night, non-smoking please.”

 

“Ok, but did you come with the guy behind you?” The man asked.

 

“Yes, but we aren’t gonna sleep in the same room, we aren’t a couple.”

 

JC frowned at that statement but didn’t say anything.

 

“Oh I see, let me see if we have any vacancies available.” The man behind the counter punched some keys into the computer and did find some rooms, “yes we do have some rooms open, non-smoking, would that be cash or credit?”

 

“Credit.” Ashley pulled out her credit card and gave it to the man, he swiped the card and told her to sign.

 

“Ok, here’s your room key and if anything is wrong with your room, please let me know, we hope you enjoy your stay.” The man told her.

 

“Thank you sir.”

 

JC looked at Ashley and waited for her to say something to her, but she just went up to the elevator and pushed the button and went inside.

 

The man was looking at JC and said, “You like her don’t you?”

 

“What?” A slight blush lit his face.

 

“Oh come on, its so obvious, she’s a feisty one, an independent girl who is tough on the inside and outside, though I can tell she has a soft spot for you.”

 

“Yeah I know.”

 

“Don’t worry though, she may come around.”

 

JC gave him his card and he swiped it, signing his ever so famous signature, the man behind the counter gave him the card.

 

“Luckily for you, your room is right across from hers.” He gave JC a small smile while giving him the key card.

 

JC chuckled and thanked the man, taking the key card and putting it inside his pocket. He pushed the button on the elevator, the doors opened and he went inside. When the doors opened again, he headed down the long and narrow hallway, and stopped when he found her room, his room was right across from hers, pulling his phone out as well as his key card, he sent her a quick text message saying “goodnight and sweet dreams.”

 

Taking the key card, he proceeded to the room, and opened it, seconds later his phone vibrated and it was Ashley’s text message saying, “Same to you.”

 

JC sighed to himself, and started to discard of his clothing and take a much needed shower.

Chapter End Notes:

This is short chapter, I hope you guys are enjoying the story. Read/review thanks.. :)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story