Author's Chapter Notes:
"Let me drive.."

“Where are we now?” JC whined.

 

“Haven’t you been paying attention to any of the road signs?”

 

“I have but-

 

“For the hundredth time we are in Missouri.”

 

“Missouri?” JC looked blankly out of the car window; it was ridiculously hot despite the sour a/c coming in from inside the car.

 

“Hey isn’t this where the movie Twister was filmed?”

 

“No Jace, that was Oklahoma, and we just passed that.”

 

Ashley has lost count on how many hours she had been driving, she was so eager to get home, and she wanted to be there so she can get a taste of the crisp fall air, and be there before Thanksgiving at the most.

 

“I just realized that coming back from LA and heading home was a bit difficult than she imagined, the roads were a bit on the rough sides and she had to keep avoiding the potholes that kept popping up everywhere.”

 

“You got any more chips back there?” JC told her.

 

“I’ll pull over so you can get them.”

 

Ashley stopped on the side of the road, and took a look at her surroundings, nothing but desert and old trees.

 

Three more states, that’s all we need.”

 

JC had his whole body in the trunk and started pawing in the bags, “Hey! You got Lunchables?”

 

“Yeah you can have them.”

 

“You sure you don’t want any? You need a break.” JC asked her in concern.

 

He was right, Ashley did looked a little stressed, her hair was out of place.

 

“I’m fine JC, really.”

 

“No you aren’t, let me drive.”

 

“No!” She snapped.

 

JC was taken aback by her sudden outburst.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to, I just-

 

“You’re tired.” JC said, finishing her sentence.

 

Her expression softened n a bit when he handed her the box of Lunchables.

 

“Let me drive.”

 

Ashley looked at him and then let out a sigh, “Ok JC, fine you can drive, but remember this isn’t your Benz.” She joked..

 

“Oh don’t I know it, but I think it’s a pretty good car, if its helping you drive all the way back.”

 

Ashley just nodded and made her way to the car on the passenger side.

 

“And maybe later we can stop by McDonalds what do you say?”

 

“Yeah later.” She smiled at him, fastened her seatbelt and opened the box of Lunchables

 

JC checked for the oncoming cars and pulled off slowly and headed down the freeway.

 

 

“Hi Welcome to McDonalds may I take your order please?” The guy behind the counter said.

 

Ashley and JC decided to stop at the nearest McDonalds and let the car cool off, and it was nice for them, cause it was over 80 degrees outside and counting.

 

“Yeah I’ll take a number one and what would you have honey?” JC looked over at Ashley who was sitting down taking in the nice cold air conditioning.

 

“I’ll have the same, with a large Sprite.”

 

JC repeated the order to the guy and he punched in the total and told the price to him, he pulled out his credit card and handed it to the guy.

 

“Sign here please.” JC signed his signature and waited for the order to be completed.

 

“I’ll go look for a seat okay?” Ashley told him.

 

JC nodded and saw freshly baked chocolate chip cookies on the side.

 

“May I also get three cookies with that?”

 

“Sure.”

 

JC then pulled out a five dollar bill and handed it to the guy, as we waited for change this order was complete.

 

Carrying the tray to where Ashley was sitting, she told him she was gonna use the restroom, and when she was done, he was gonna go in next.

 

After a while the two of them sat down and enjoyed their meal.

 

“This is nice.” Ashley said.

 

“Yeah, you seem a bit more relaxed now.”

 

“I guess I was tired and a bit hungry.”

 

“You know, its good to take a break sometimes, you gotta give people a chance, you gotta give me a chance.”

 


“I’m giving you a chance JC.”

 

Ashley was a bit afraid of showing her true feelings toward him, it was so obvious that she was falling in love with him, and she knew that he was feeling the same for her.

 

“I know you are.”

 

Ashley stayed quiet for a moment but smiled at him.

 

“Is that a smile I see?”

 

Ashley still didn’t say anything but they both continued to make light conversation while eating their meal.

Chapter End Notes:

I'm also working on the other one.. :)

Hope everyone is doing good..



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story