Author's Chapter Notes:

"Ok here goes, ready?"

"Ready."

“Here, put this in the trunk for me.” Ashley handed JC the rest of the bags that she was carrying from her apartment.

 

“Are those the last ones?” JC asked.

 

“Yeah, I believe so, let me double check back upstairs to make sure, and then I’ll go talk to my landlord,”

 

JC nodded and headed towards the trunk, he placed the bags inside, along with some of his stuff, JC was surprised that such a small car can carry a bunch of things, he wondered if this car would take them all back, he checked the tires to see if they needed air, and kicked them to make sure. He jumped up when he heard a voice coming from behind him.

 

“Hey, don’t kick the tires.” Ashley told him, coming down the stairs and carrying an envelope.

 

“It’s just a car Ashley.” JC joked.

 

“It’s not just a car, it is the car.” Ashley gave him a goofy grin and JC just laughed at her. He liked the fact that she had a sense of humor, and acted clumsy sometimes, but he liked that fact, it was made her herself.

 

“So are we all ready? What time is it?” Ashley said putting her hands on her sides.

 

“A quarter to eleven, almost midnight.” JC told her, glancing at his watch.

 

“Ok, that’s good a time, we should get going then.” Ashley dug into her minibag and got her keys out.

 

She had a big smile on her face, and was looking forward to go back home and be normal again, because in LA, she didn’t feel normal, she thought she did. JC opened the passenger door and sat down next to her, the interior of her car was comfortable, yet basic. She had a dancing flower on her dashboard and an “Animaniacs” ornament hanging on her rearview mirror.

 

She put the key into the ignition; the car started up, and backed up out of the parking lot and headed out of the apartment complex.

 

“I have already filled the car up with gasoline and did an oil change yesterday so we can just get out of here.” Ashley motioned JC.

 

“You don’t need a GPS or anything or a road map?” JC wondered.

 

“No, no GPS, but I do have directions from Google maps, I know that you gotta take I-80 East back, so that’s no problem.” She beamed.

 

“I guess, and if you need help driving just let me know.” JC told her.

 

“Thanks, but I can drive all the way back myself, in between hotel breaks of course.” She gave him a small smile.

 

JC liked that Ashley was determined, and had this drive to do what she wants, when she wants, something that no other girl in his life did, it is what made her different than all of the girls he dated, but he made a mental note that this was just a trip, a very long trip, not a romantic getaway; Ashley interrupted his thoughts.

 

“I have a bunch of snacks and drinks in the backseat you wanna munch of something before we go?” Ashley turned her hazel eyes towards his blues for a second, before turning back on the road.

 

“No, thank you, I’ll let you know.” JC said giving her a smile. He turned up the volume and put on some smooth jazz music.

 

“You don’t mind listening to smooth jazz right?”

 

Ashley just chuckled, “Unless you want me fall asleep right now with that music, besides I have my own music.” Having one hand on the wheel she had the other hand in the glovebox, she got her mp3 player and USB charger, along with her glasses, she couldn’t see from far away so she put them on and plugged the mp3 player on the radio.

 

“You wear glasses too?” JC told her; and took his glasses out from the case he had and put them on as well, he also couldn’t see far. “You look pretty in glasses, well, prettier.”

 

Ashley blushed and avoided eye contact, “You look pretty cute yourself.” She muttered, but then she added, “Cute and dorky.” And giggled.

 

“I’m dorky?”

 

Ashley just kept on laughing, “You know what JC, I’m glad that you are coming with me on this trip, you are gonna find out what you have been missing all along, you know, it’ll be good for you.”

 

“Yeah, I kinda needed a break myself, working with those teenage girls is not an easy task, but they are a great group, and are talented, but sometimes I need some time for myself, and I honestly don’t, even if is my day off, I’m always working on something.”

 

“Well JC, sometimes you have to, see this trip I’m taking, it’ll be good for me and for you, I know it, you get to meet my mom, my friends, sights, all that fun stuff, I can’t wait to get there.” Ashley let out a happy sigh.

 

“Thank you for inviting me in the first place.” JC replied.

 

“Thank you for finding me.” She winked at him.

 

She was on the last exit before hitting the highway, sending a prayer to herself heavenward.

 

“Ok, here goes, ready?” Ashley asked.

 

“Ready.”

 

Ashley placed her foot on the gas pedal and entered the highway and drove on into the night.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you guys are enjoying the story, read/review please..thankies.. :)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story