Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a story that I actually started years ago. Decided to revive it and post it here. Hope you guys like it and review :)
Chapter 1


How the fuck did this happen? Abby James wondered to herself bitterly. 

Here she lay in a school library with her leg bleeding....to death for all she knew. Everything was so normal in the beginning of this school day.

Just an hour ago the school day started out like any other, and then it became deadly....


One Hour Ago...

School Hallway


"So, Callie, what class do you got next?" Abby asked her best friend of almost four years.

 "Gym." Callie Timberlake snorted in disgust. "I hate gym."

"Aw, it'll get better, Call." Abby tried to be comforting.

"I know it will, because there's always lunch and then you and I can discuss the new hotties!" Callie said cheerily.

"I love you, Callie." Abby smiled.

"Ditto." Callie smiled back.

Suddenly, there was a huge bang.

"My God!" Abby exclaimed. "Was that...?"

Callie didn't say anything, it was all happening in slow motion.

"See what the fuck you made me just do?!" A guy just screamed out. "Everybody in the VIP room or I fucking shoot!"

Abby grabbed Callie's arms.

"Callie, lets get out of here."

Everyone was in a panic. Everyone was running in different directions, all terrified for their lives.

The guy went off and started shooting...shooting at everyone and at anything. He was in a rage.

"Callie!" Abby screamed, knocking her down to the ground in an effort to shield her from the flying bullets.

"Callie, you okay?" Abby asked fearful. She gently turned her best friend over and she saw that she was bleeding openly right from the heart. "Callie!"

"Abby..." Callie was gasping for her last breath of air. "Abby, you tried to save my life...."

"Callie, you're gonna be okay!" Abby was crying. "Please, please, don't die."

"I love you, Abby. Tell Justin I love him and that he was the best big brother in the world." With that, Callie closed her eyes and drew her last breath.

 Abby was crying and she felt the shooting pain in her leg. She knew she'd been shot too.



So, she'd made her way to the library by crawling. She just laid there and waited. Waited for a sign that the psycho that killed her best friend was gone and she waited for someone to find her.


***


"Look, man...I don't know why you decided to come here." Lance Bass said.

Justin Timberlake gave his friend and band member a look.

 "Okay," Lance lamented. "I do understand. She's your sister and you're scared for her, but there is some kid in here with a fucking gun. You and I are celebrities. What if the kid hates our band and decides to kill two birds with well...two stones?"

"I can't worry about that." Justin said. "My little sister is in here. I have to find her."

"Well, I'm just glad we got these base-ball bats atleast, so we can try to protect ourselves." Lance stated.

"We should split up." Justin decided.

"No, no." Lance shook his head. "I don't like the sound of that, J. What about strength in numbers?"

"Look, I have to find my sister, and there are other kids in here. This is a full-blown hostage situation." Justin stated. "You could be of help to someone."

Lance nodded. "I see what you mean. You go through the library and I'll check down the other hallways."

"God Speed, Lance." Justin said.

"You too." Lance responded.


***


"You wanna shoot some pool?" JC Chasez asked his buddy Chris Kirkpatrick.

"You're actually inviting me into your precious basement?" Chris asked in mock surprise.

JC rolled his eyes.

"I told you, Wade was doing some kind of project down there. I think he's done though. He hasn't been over here in a couple days." JC said.

"Alright, lets shoot some pool." Chris agreed.

"Cool. I'll go down and set up and you get the beer." JC said.

"Sounds like a plan to me." Chris agreed.

JC went and walked down the stairs into the basement, what he saw nearly made his heart stop.

 "Oh my God." He murmured.

There, against a wall a girl shackled up against it with what looked like to him to be an iron mask on her face. The same one that he and the guys used to use for props.

"Chris!" JC screamed. "Chris, get down here NOW!"


***


Justin walked into the library with a baseball bat in hand, he stumbled upon a somebody sitting on the floor.

"Ahh!" Abby yelled in fear, than shock took over.

"I'm sorry." Justin apologized. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"Oh my God...you're Justin Timberlake, right? You're Callie's Justin." Abby said.

Justin shot his head up at her. "You know my sister?"

"Callie's my best friend." Abby felt the tears take over once more. "I'm so sorry! I was trying to protect her..."

Justin's eyes softened as this young girl broke down in front of him. "Hey...unless you were the one holding a gun...it can't be your fault." He paused for a second, than noticed her bleeding leg. "What's your name, Sweetie?"

"I'm Abigail. Abigail James."

"Abigail..." It suddenly hit Justin. He knew this girl. "Oh, I know you...well, not know you, know you...but my sister always talked very highly of you." Justin sat down beside her. "Well, Abby....is it okay, if I call you, Abby?"

"Yeah..." A faint smile came over Abby. "Callie always called me that." Then, she thought for a second. "Everyone who really knows me calls me that come to think of it."

Justin smiled in return. "Well, Abby, I'm Justin and you already know that, I guess. Your leg looks pretty bad. Wanna tell me what happened?"

"Jesse....Jesse had a gun." She started to shake and cry more at the memory.

Justin gently took her hand in his, trying to somewhat comfort her.

"He wasn't like this before. He was such a good person...he just couldn't take it anymore. They just kept hounding him and hounding him...." She felt the guilt come over her. "It's my fault. I should've been there for him, but I just dropped him." She said ashamed.

"He needed me to be there for him, but he just became so withdrawn...it started to scare me. So, I backed off. Callie tried on separate occasions to reach out to him, but he always blew her off."

"Hey, people go through shit in life, but that doesn't give them the right to start taking people's lives. This isn't your fault. People, grow, people change." Justin said.

Abby nodded her head and continued on with the hardest part of all of this.

"Jesse went crazy. I think the jocks pissed him off and he shot at them. He yelled for everyone to get in the VIP room or he'd shoot everyone. I was scared...and I grabbed Callie's arm. Everyone was running for their lives and no one was listening to him, so he started to shooting. I pushed Callie down and tr...tri...tried to save her, but...." Abby sobbed. "We both got shot."

Justin's eyes widened in shock and fear.

"Callie was shot?!"

"Yes." Abby nodded, hysterical by this time. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry...!"

"Shhh..." Justin tried to calm her, knowing that it wouldn't do any good for him freak out like he was about to. It wouldn't get him any better answers out of this kid. She'd obviously gone into shock. "I know this has gotta be traumatizing for you, but can you tell me what happened to my sister?"

"She's dead...." Abby sobbed. "Justin, I tried to save her. I tried..., but it got her in the heart. I didn't wanna leave her, but she made me promise to do something for her. She was my best friend, how I could I deny her that?" She helplessly asked him.

Justin nodded in head in understanding. He could sympathize with that.

Justin felt the tears come into his eyes. His baby sister was gone and he'd never see her again. All because of that crazy kid named Jesse. He felt the rage inside him. He'd make that miserable kid pay if it was the last thing he ever did.

"What did she ask you to do?" Justin asked, trying to keep his voice gentle for her sake.

"She asked me to tell you that she loved you and that you were a wonderful big brother to her."

Justin reached out and kissed her forehead.

"Thank you, Abby. Thank you so much."

"Why are you thanking me?" Abby was confused. "Your sister is gone and it's all my fault."

"No, no...it's not your fault." Justin assured her.

"But if I'd just taken her into that VIP room, she wouldn't have been shot. If I would've just listened to Jesse..."

"Then, you could've very well died too and I wouldn't have ever been able to meet the one person that my sister loved maybe more than me." Justin said. "You put yourself on the line for my sister. You could've run off and left her, but you didn't. You tried to save her and I love you for that."

"Justin..."

"Yeah?" Justin asked.

"I'm tired."

"I'm sure you are, but you can't give up." Justin encouraged. "I'll find a way to get you out of here, but I have to make sure that Jesse is gone. I don't want you to get hurt more than you already are."

Just then, Lance came into the library. "J, we've gotta move. The kid has a bomb and it's gonna go off in two minutes."

Justin carefully reached down and lifted Abby in his arms carefully.

Abby was very much out of it by now due to the extreme blood loss.

"What's goi...on?"

"I'm gonna get you out of here. You're gonna live, Abby. You just gotta hang on." Justin said.

"Are you my angel?" Abby asked, really out of it by now, due to the extreme blood-loss.

Abby went into unconsciousness.

"I think you're mine." Justin said softly.


***


JC ran over the girl and started trying to pull the mask off, but it was too tight.

"JC, what is it?" Chris yelled back.

"Chris, we've got a serious situation! Get down here now and bring my tool box down!"

"Your tool box?" Chris whined. "I thought we were gonna play pool, not fix your basement." Chris sighed and walked down into the basement.

"JC, did you break the pool table aga---" The words died on his lips when he came to face to face with what JC had saw. "Shit." Chris swore. "What the fuck happened? Who is that?!"

"Pliers now!" JC demanded.

Chris wordlessly handed them to him. He was too shocked to say anything else. Here in his friend's basement, in his friend's home was a girl shackled up to the wall and an iron mask over her face.

JC started using the pliers to pry open the mask.

Chris finally snapped out of his shock after a few moments and grabbed another pair of pliers.

"You get this side, I'll get that side." Chris said.

After some work, they finally got the mask off her.

The girl had blond, curly hair and was wearing a pair of jeans and a tank-top. She had dried up blood on the side of her face. She was bruised.

"Someone beat the hell out of this girl." Chris said pissed. He did not like people that beat women.

"Oh, Shit...." JC whispered. "That's Haley Carlson!"

"Wade's cousin?" Chris asked in shock.

"She's barely breathing, Chris. Call an ambulance." JC instructed.

"What do I tell em?" Chris asked.

"Tell them your friend found a severely beaten girl shackled up in his basement." JC said. Then realized how crazy that just sounded.

"I know it sounds insane, Chris, but it's the truth. They won't think we did it. If we did it, why would we call for help?"

"Yeah, you got a point. Details don't matter, that can be worked out later." Chris went and grabbed the phone and dialed 911.

JC started mouth-to-mouth on her.

"Come on Haley," JC coached. "Don't die on me."

He started pushing on her chest, trying to get her breathe for him.

"How's she doing, man?" Chris asked concerned for the girl.

"I can't get her to come to, Chris." JC said.

"Wait a minute...." Chris said. "Wade always did say how much he hated her..."

"No way. Wade wouldn't do this?" JC didn't, couldn't believe that a guy they'd treated like a brother could be capable of something like this.

"Who else had access to your house besides me and the guys?" Chris asked.

He didn't wanna believe their mentor, the one guy that had helped them succeed in their career would do this to a girl, but at the same time, he needed to be logical. The police would be asking questions.

JC continued trying to revive her.

"Come on, don't die. Please, don't die." JC pleaded. "You're too beautiful to die."

Suddenly, she gasped and started coughing.

JC breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh, thank God!"

Haley looked at him in terror and began backing away weakly.

"No, no...hey..." JC tried to comfort. "I'm not gonna hurt you, I swear."

"Who...." Haley took a deep raspy breath. "Who are you?"

"You probably don't remember me. We met once a couple months back. I'm JC Chasez, and this is my buddy Chris Kirkpatrick. We called an ambulance. They should be here in any second. Just try to relax, okay, Sweetie?" JC said gently.

"Oh," Haley said weakly. "I remember now. You're that musician who I nearly knocked to the ground with my coffee supplies."

"Yeah, that's right." JC smiled softly.

"Do you know who did this to you?" Chris asked gently.

"Chris, don't." JC warned. He didn't think it was a good idea to start grilling her yet. She'd been through a traumatic experience.

"He...was gonna kill me." She said softly. "God, he was gonna kill me."

"I'm so sorry." JC apologized. He felt really bad. This terrible thing had happened to her in his house. He'd unknowingly let it go on for God only knows how long.

"I'm not." Haley whispered.

JC and Chris looked at her shocked.

"Maybe now that someone knows, he'll finally quit hurting me."

Haley closed her eyes and passed out.

Incomplete
chaoticlove is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked A Voice In The Dark also liked 15 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story