The previous nights events had definitely taken a toll on Justin. He was thankful for his tinted windows and aviator sunglasses as he sat in his car in front of the Mc Donalds on Wilshire. It was sunrise, but despite the alcohol and pill consumption , Justin was still conscious and running dangerously low on sleep. He was upset with Reggie, that was a given, but at the same time how could he blame him for just trying to make ends meat? The Gavin kid was a joke, everyone including Justin could see it. The industry would eat him whole and not give him a single chance in hell to even make a dent in the business.

 

Shaking his head some at his thoughts, Justin gazed down into his coffee cup. It still amazed him where he was now. All the downgrades he'd accepted. He liked to say he accepted them since there was no way he'd ever have taken them willingly.

 

Reaching into his pocket, he slowly extracted his cell phone and scanned through the texts messages. The last one he found was from Reggie. Justin was stubborn and hard headed. He could blame the way he grew up, rarely being told no or given any type of direction, but he knew that wasn't much of an excuse to use.

 

The Ringing of his cellphone pulled him out of his thoughts as he quickly answered it without much hesitation. "I just read your text." He sighed into the phone, while watching two girls in work out gear make their way into the Mc Donalds.

 

"You want me to meet him at Starbucks? Why?" Justin pinched the bridge of his nose. He wasn't in any mood to deal with anyone at all, but he had to remind himself of his desperation and his own selfish need and reason he'd gone to Reggie for help in the first place. Drumming his fingers against the steering wheel, he then let out a sigh of defeat. "Fine. I'm on my way then."

 

Gavin wasn't much of a coffee drinker, but he was all for sugar infused frap's. He grabbed the grande cup off the counter after the barista called his name. Shooting her an appreciative smile, he grabbed a straw and made his way over to a table near one of the windows. Reggie had suggested Gavin meet Justin when he was sober. The previous nights meeting was not what he had expected at all. The experience and the crowd was amazing, but his impression of Justin was very tainted. Gavin was young, he was still only 17 but had told a small fib and led Reggie to believe he was really 18. He didn't want his parents to know about his late night music adventures in 18 + clubs, or that he had a fake ID.

 

Glancing out the window, he watched as Justin pulled into a parking space directly in front of the building. He braced himself as the older man seemed anything but excited to be there. Gavin didn't really understand why Justin seemed so quick to write him off. It was a bit insulting since he hadn't even given him a fair chance. Shifting in his seat some, Gavin continued to watch as Justin made his way inside.

 

Justin kept his sunglasses on and looked around for a moment before spotting Gavin sitting at a table looking like a 10 year old with his frap. Letting out a tired sigh Justin made his way over to him and pulled out the chair across from him. He didn't bother to take his sunglasses off either. "Is that a Java chip?" Justin motioned towards Gavin's drink. The younger man looked down at it then back up at Justin. "It's Double Chocolaty Chip. You going to get one?" He took a long drink from the straw. "It doesn't have caffeine. What is the purpose of it?" He asked before sitting down in the chair. He stared at Gavin a moment before sitting back and crossing his arms over his chest. Gavin shrugged at his question and gazed out the window once more. For some reason this irritated Justin. "So how old are you? 16?" He still couldn't believe Reggie's idea of shooting him back into the lime light was babysitting. "No I'm 18." Gavin corrected. Justin was very intimating and he had the feeling the older male just wasn't very fond of him. "I'm sorry for what I said last night. About your music. I won't bring that up again. Reggie thinks that we should jam together."

 

Justin let out a sarcastic laugh before shaking his head some. Really, Reggie had a lot of nerve. "You wanna jam together? Gavin listen..." He sighed while pushing his sunglasses up to pinch the bridge of his nose. "Listen ok?" He leaned forward a bit so that his point was clear. "I'm not here to be your 'buddy' or your 'pal' or your 'bff' or any of those other stupid ass terms. I'm here to guide you and keep you on the happy train to success. To be quite honest I don't think you're going to make it. You're clueless to the business and you have no experience either. Yes you can sing, yes you have great stage presence, but so do half the people on YouTube. Reggie sees something in you though so ok. I will ride the wave with you, but we are not friends."

 

Gavin cocked an eyebrow at Justin and stared at him for longer than he probably should. "Wow. Has anyone ever told you that you sound like an asshole?" Justin side smiled before responding. "More times than I can count. Lets get the facts out of the way. You are a young, good looking kid. You have talent, but you're kind of awkward -" Gavin cut in. "I'm not awkward. This is stupid. You can't just write me off and make judgments when you haven't even tried to get to know me. If you don't want to do this why are you doing it?"

It took a lot more than Justin thought it would to keep his cool. Impulsively he wanted to reach over and punch the kid in the face, but being that they were in a public place that didn't seem like a good idea. "Ok I'm sorry. You're not awkward you just look like you are." He smirked. Gavin did not find this amusing though. "Like I said this is stupid. It's a joke to you because you've already done all this shit before, but I haven't. I thought you were going to be cool and help me out not act like a dick. You're no better sober than when you're drunk so I have no idea why Reggie thought this was a good idea." He pushed his chair out and stood up, hurriedly making his way out the door. He felt his cheeks burn as he pulled instead of pushed the door before quickly correcting himself. Justin left a bad taste in his mouth, and his egotistical stuck up ways was anything but appealing. He was just going to call Reggie and tell him that it wasn't going to work between them. Reaching into his pocket, Gavin pulled out his cell phone and began searching for Reggie's number.

 

"God dammit." Justin cursed before quickly getting up out of his seat and following Gavin out the door. He knew he came on pretty strong sometimes. He couldn't help it. "Hey! Hey kid wait!" He called out before catching up to him. "I'm not a kid." Gavin argued. "You're a kid to me so respect your elders. Look, you wanna jam ok. Lets jam." He pat him on the back a lot harder than Gavin was expecting, causing him to lurch forward and almost lose his footing. Cocking a curious eyebrow towards Justin, the younger man slowly slide his cell phone back into his pocket. "When? Now?"

 

Justin tried to fight the urge to roll his eyes but failed. "No next year, of course now. You got other plans or something?" He pulled out his car keys as Gavin slowly shook his head no in response. "Great. Then follow me." Gavin watched as Justin made his way over to his own car. "Wait where are we going?" He fished out his own car keys.

Justin pulled open his car door and yelled over his shoulder. "To 'jam'. Just like you wanted so stop asking so many damn questions and just follow me." With that he got into the car and shut the door, leaving Gavin curious, and very interested in what was going to go down.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: soloj justin paparazzi