The loud sound of pounding echoed through the apartment. It grew louder and more potent each time, till it finally woke Gavin from the deep sleep he had fallen into. He sat up quickly, and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, as the realization of where he was began to come over him. "Shit." He mumbled, before looking around the room. There wasn't much to see, since the room was still pitch black due to the dark curtains. The pounding continued, and Gavin hurriedly slid off the bed, and patted himself down for his cellphone. His fingers found the bedside lamp, and he quickly turned it on. His eyes widened a bit as he noticed Justin laying face down in bed. Blinking a few times, Gavin quickly shook him. "Justin. Justin get up I need to go, and there's someone at your door." Much to Gavin's surprise the older male didn't make any movement. Frustrated, he shook him again and then noticed the pill bottle clasped tightly in his hand."Justin!" He shook him more desperately, and then watched as his chest rose and fell. He was alive, but out cold. "Fuck." Gavin pulled at his hair and then retrieved his cellphone from his pocket. He had 23 missed calls and numerous texts from his mother and Reggie. He didn't remember falling asleep, and he also didn't remember crawling into Justin's bed either.

 

The pounding on the door showed no signs of seizing. Hurrying out of the room, Gavin felt physically sick as he made his way to the door. He had no idea who would even be coming to visit Justin, nor was it any of his business, but he was without a doubt in an uncomfortable and awkward situation. He also wasn't sure if Justin needed some type of medical attention after consuming an unknown amount of anxiety pills. Once he reached the door, he let out a sigh and pulled it open just enough to peer into the hallway. His eyes widened in surprise when the door was shoved open full force, causing him to jump back and away from it. "What in the fuck is going on?!" Reggie demanded. He looked exhausted, as if he too had been up all night. Gavin stared blankly at him, he wasn't even sure why Reggie was upset. "I have been trying to get a hold of the two of you for the last 5 hours. It seems you forgot to mention to your parents that you were going to be sleeping over at a washed up musicians house."

 

Gavin shifted his gaze towards the floor. "Reggie I need to tell you something..." Reggie held up his hand to stop him from continuing. "Save it kid. Your mom already filled me in." Gavin finally made eye contact and gave the much older man a confused look. "Wait, how did my mom even get in contact with you?" Reggie shook his head and then looked around the silent apartment. "That's something you should ask her, not me. Where's Justin?"

"Oh shit Justin, he's still in bed, but I don't know he drank a lot and took some type of medication..."

"Not again." Reggie sighed, and then made his way down the hallway toward Justin's bedroom. Gavin followed behind him, but Reggie was quick to object. "Get out of here Gavin. Go home please. I wanted you and Justin to learn a few things from each other, not get fucking high and wasted. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen." Gavin shook his head no. "I didn't drink, and we were ... we were making music. We started a song. It's on the keyboard. It's not all what you're thinking..."

Reggie narrowed his eyes at Gavin. "You're not 18. Your mom can turn this into the biggest lawsuit if she wanted to. Go home."

 

"I'll be 18 in a few months. I'm sorry I lied, but.."

 

Reggie cut him off again. "Enough Gavin. Just go. Tell your mom to get in touch with me if she'd like, but from now on any motion to move forward will be with her consent."

It puzzled Gavin why Reggie was suddenly talking about his mom. "Do you know.." He began but was suddenly being dragged down the hallway towards the door. "I'm not answering anymore shit. Go home please." He pulled open the front door again and ushered Gavin out. Before he could even say another word, the door was shut on him and the sound of it locking took him by surprise.

 

Reggie listened for a moment once he shut the door on Gavin's face. He didn't mean to bark at him the way he did, but he was just livid that he had lied to him. If he had known Gavin wasn't 18 there was no way he would have encouraged him to spend alone time with Justin. Turning quickly he made his way down the hallway once more and into the bedroom. Glaring at Justin's motionless body on the bed, the older man began pulling open curtains and letting every ounce of light into the room. Seeing that the light had no effect on him, he then walked into the en-suite and turned the shower on. Rolling up his white dress shirt sleeves to his elbows, Reggie made sure the water was nice and cold before making his way back over to the king size bed. He had no problem dragging Justin from the bed and into the awaiting shower.

 

The cold water proved to be a success. Within moments Justin was up and wide eyed as the cold water hit him. He struggled desperately to get out of the shower. The water beat on him like needles and he managed to crawl out and onto the large plush rug. He looked up at Reggie and gave him a solid shove out of anger, before grabbing a towel and wrapping it around his shoulders. "What the fuck man? You don't come in here and drag me into a cold ass shower like that!" He shouted. Reggie crossed his arms over his chest. "You are a fucking idiot Justin." His tone was level, and calm. It took everything in him to keep calm and cool when all he wanted to do was punch Justin in the face. "Why am I an idiot? You're the one in my fucking apartment right now trying to drown me in my own shower."

 

"Save the drama queen act. What were you even thinking? You can't even stay on track the first day. I give you a prodigy and you get drunk and high on him the first fucking night."

"He's not a fucking prodigy." Justin laughed, and then proceeded to dry himself off. "He's just a kid he still has a lot of shit to learn. I don't know if he's cut out for this anyways."

"You weren't cut out for this either Justin. When I met you you were just as clueless and fresh as Gavin. You seem to forget that you weren't just born into all this." Reggie argued.

Justin cocked an eyebrow then looked around the room. "Where is the kid anyways?" He ran his fingers through his wet hair before attempting to dry it as well. "I sent him home. There's an issue with him anyways. A big one. You don't need to worry about it anymore. He's not your problem. This project is over."

Justin cocked an eyebrow at Reggie. "Wait, no no no. You said I needed the kid to get back in the game. What do you mean it's over?"

"I mean you fucking blew it. Both of you. He's 17, not 18 and his mom is Reign Kingston. "

The look of pure shock was evident on Justin's face. He wasn't sure he had heard Reggie correctly, because the coincidence was just too uncanny. "Reign is his mom? Are you sure?" He rubbed his face, starting to feel the effects of the hangover fall into place. "Yeah I'm 100% sure. She is not happy at all."

Justin slowly sat down on the closed toilet seat. He felt dizzy and slightly overwhelmed. It was bad enough that Gavin had lied about his age, but it was even worse where his roots stemmed from. He slowly lifted his head up and made eye contact with Reggie. "Does he know then?"

Reggie shook his head no. "He is clueless I told you. I'm sure he will be filled in soon. As for you, clean up. I don't want you around the kid anymore. It was a bad idea, and now Reign is all pissed off. You get me? You are done."

Justin nodded his head slowly. Reggie was a bit surprised to not receive any come back from him. "Good. Clean yourself up Justin. I mean it this time. It is pathetic I have to come in here preparing to find you dead one day. It's even more pathetic I already know what I am going to do and what story I will tell the media." Justin stayed quiet as Reggie made his way out of the en-suite. He listened as his footsteps disappeared down the hall followed by the opening and closing of the front door.

-

Gavin gripped the steering wheel a moment as he sat in silence in his car. He was parked outside of his house, but still hadn't bothered going inside. He knew his parents were more than likely pissed off at him. He had kept the whole music pursuing thing under lock and key. He knew that if he'd told them it would turn into a huge fiasco, but surprisingly not telling them turned into a fiasco just the same.

 

Letting out a long winded sigh, Gavin finally unlocked his door and got out of the car. He was still trying to grasp the fact that he and Justin had started composing music together. He didn't want to stop working with him, and he surely didn't want to stop pursuing in his music career. He had waited a long time, and there was no way he was going to let anyone get in the way of paving out his career.

 

Toying with his keys, Gavin began trying to figure out what he was going to say to his parents. He would argue that Justin wasn't all that bad, and would leave out the alcoholic,pill consuming part. It wasn't something they really needed to know about anyways. Before he could unlock the door himself, it was quickly pulled open for him. He suddenly lost his nerve to argue anything as he made eye contact with a very upset mom.

 

Swallowing hard, Gavin managed to choke something out, "Mm..mom. I just... I was...I went..." She slowly crossed her arms over her chest and gave him a look that made him want to coward into a corner. The mom glare was not something to be reckoned with, especially the one she was giving him now. "You said you were going to meet friends for coffee, and I find out you are not with your friends, but instead a dirty scheming ex-musician." Gavin blinked in surprise at his mother's description of Justin. The way Reggie had talked about her, it seemed like there were many things that were not being said. "You know him." Gavin stated. He didn't need to question her, it was apparent by the tone of her voice. He heard pure venom, and he just knew. "I knew him. I don't know him anymore, and neither do you."

 

Gavin stayed quiet, trying desperately to piece things together. His mom had never talked about Justin. She did have her time on the stage, but as far as Gavin knew she never worked with Justin. "Mom you have to tell me how - " "I don't have to tell you Gavin." Gavin let out a bit of a laugh and shook his head. "Ok, then I'll just ask Justin." He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. His mother shook her head no then took the phone out of his hand. "You're grounded. No phone and no damn internet for the rest of the month. I already changed the wireless password." She smiled a small smile as she dropped his phone into her purse. "What the hell? You're grounding me? What am I 12? Where are you going??" He motioned to his mothers purse as she pulled her sunglasses down over her eyes. "I have an appointment. Your father will be home in an hour, and I am sure you and him have a lot to talk about."

 

He rubbed his hands over his face in aggravation. It was really annoying that everyone kept treating him like some sort of infant. He didn't think what had happened was entirely bad by any means. He wasn't drinking or doing drugs, or getting into any kind of trouble. The only thing Gavin was guilty of was losing track of time and falling asleep by accident. "So you ground me and take my phone, then run off to an appointment?"

Reign pretended to be thinking about his question, before smiling and giving him a nod. "Yes, that is exactly what just happened. I love you, see you soon." She gave him a wave before making her way down the walkway and toward her car. Things for Reign had been going amazing. She lived in a quiet beach town, she owned her own business, and had an amazing little family. The last thing Reign wanted was to dip back into the world she swore off of for the rest of her life. It was the reason she moved out of LA, but still liked knowing it was there, and not too far away. Her life as a background singer had ended, and she had no interest in going back, at least she didn't think she would need to.  

Chapter End Notes:
I don't know if anyone is still reading this but I know it's been long over due for an update, so to make up for it I've added two chapters tonight. Please PLEASE let me know if you guys are still reading this. Thanks so much if you are ;) 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: soloj justin paparazzi