The term the freaks come out at night was not something to be taken lightly in LA. Though it was just an expression it still rang loud and true when the sun went down over Tinsel Town. Justin watched from his seat at the bar, as a cross dresser by the name of Coco danced shamelessly on the floor. The lights hit her royal blue sequined dress, causing prism's to illuminate on the walls, giving off a disco ball effect. Justin shook his head and glanced down into his now empty glass. Pressing his lips together he considered just calling it a night. He had only had two drinks so far, and leaving now would be some sort of achievement for him, being as he always left shit faced and needing a cab.

 

"Hello handsome." A low, and far from feminine voice whispered near his ear. Justin cocked his head slightly only to be met with a wide red lipstick smile from Coco. He made eye contact with her obvious green colored contacts. "I saw you sitting over here watching me groove. I thought maybe you wanted to join me?" She encouraged while placing her oversized hand on his shoulder. His body tensed involuntarily. "Flattered, but not tonight." He quickly waved the bartender over and motioned down to his empty glass. No achievements would be made tonight.

 

Coco pouted a bit before shrugging her shoulders and motioning to her own empty martini glass once the bartender came over. "If you get lonely, you know where to find me Justin Timberlake. "She smiled once more before giving him a suggestive motion. "Oh I know exactly where to find you." He laughed.

"Yes you do. You surely do." Coco gave him a wink and small wave before taking herself and freshly filled martini glass back out onto the dance floor. Shaking his head, Justin made a mental note to not glance in Coco's way for the rest of the evening. He had tried some crazy shit, but Coco was definitely not one of them. "One day she is going to get you to dance." The bartender, who went by the name of Brian, stated as he filled Justin's glass with Crown Royal. Justin gave him a light glare, before snatching the drink up and pressing it to his lips. "I've been beyond coherent before and still have managed to avoid such a scenario."

Brian shrugged innocently as he began taking out what he needed for a long island iced tea. Justin went quiet as he consumed his double shot on the rocks. There really was no purpose for a mixer, but Brian always threw in a squirt of sprite anyways. Justin frequented the small club so often that he felt like he was living a real life version of The Piano Man. A classic Billy Joel song, except he wasn't playing the piano for anyone. He was a regular without a doubt, and so were many of the others there. Justin was a creature of habit, and sitting there drinking on a Tuesday night had become the ordinary.

Justin did not adapt to change well, and the events that had happened over the last few days had proved to be very overwhelming. Reggie had without a doubt caused Justin's life to turn upside down in just a few short days. Of course he had no one to blame but himself since he reached out to Reggie to get him back into the lime light. Sitting and thinking about it now Justin was beginning to accept the fact that maybe his time had expired. Though he left the business with a tarnished name, the thought of getting on big stages in arenas full of people was something he wasn't confident he was ready for. The incident that happened in just his living room with Gavin had proved that he was no where near ready to storm stages again.

Letting out an aggravated sigh, Justin tried to not think about that shit. It was over anyways. Reggie had pulled the plug before they could even start it. Again, Justin knew he had brought that upon himself with his actions. He didn't think he had a problem, and couldn't see what the big deal was. He liked to drink from time to time, maybe a little more than he should, but he could stop if he wanted to, he just didn't feel like it.

As Justin continued to sit and reflect, or sulk whatever it was, he caught someone sit directly next to him out of the corner of his eye. He assumed it was Coco again and was not in the mood to turn her down for the 100th time that week. "I told you I don't wanna dance tonight..." He stated, not even bothering to look over at her as he swirled the now melting ice around in his drink. "I don't want to dance with you either." She shot back. Justin sat up straight when he realized that the voice did not belong to Coco. Turning quickly, he widened his eyes some when he realized that his assumption of who the voice belonged to instead, had been accurate. "What are you doing here?" He questioned in a low tone. She met his gaze then carefully took the drink away from him. He watched with curious eyes as she placed the glass to her lips and took a lengthy drink. Her face scrunched up and she coughed while hitting her hand off the bar top. Justin let his mouth curve into a smile as he fought to keep the laughter in.

 

"Reggie told me you would be here." She choked out, still trying to recover from the alcohol. Justin made a displeased face immediately. "I don't know why he would do that. You have nothing to worry about Reign." Spinning her chair a bit, she studied Justin's profile before giving him a stern look. "You know, for so many years I listened to you say that Justin. 'You have nothing to worry about Reign.' You told me that over and over so many times that I actually started to believe it, and when I finally did everything came undone. You never even said you were sorry."

His leg began bouncing as she started to air out old dirty laundry. Justin hated talking about the past. He despised when people constantly reminded him of all the wrong choices he'd made when he was younger. "Is that what you came all the way down here for? You want me to say I'm sorry?" She shook her head no. "I don't need your apology anymore, what I need from you is to stay away from my son now."

Justin gave her a bewildered look followed by a loud laugh. "You came here to tell me that? How did you even know he was involved with me?"

Reign was not laughing, in fact she was trying very hard to trigger telekinetic powers in order to kill him with just her mind. "There's this thing, called the internet, maybe you've heard of it. People like to record videos on their phones and then put them all over this internet thing. Surprisingly it works really well."

Justin rolled his eyes then finished off the last bit of alcohol in his glass. "So you saw a video someone posted of Gavin on youtube and linked it back to me?"

She shook her head no. "No I saw a video of you at the little show he did. It doesn't matter how I saw it Justin, what matters is that I don't want to see you around him."

He rubbed his palms over his knees. "Listen, Reggie already pulled the plug because you chewed him out. Don't deny that you did because I know you did. You have nothing to worry about."

Reign stood up from the chair quickly and had no problem getting in Justin's face. Her nose touched his and she looked directly into his eyes. "Stop saying that. It's a lie. Ever since I met you I have had nothing but worries. Don't ever say that to me again unless you can prove it."

He made no motion once she got in his face. He blinked a few times, but he felt no real threat from her. It had been a long time since Reign disappeared out of his life just like everyone else. When the weight of the world came down, she ran off, and it made him realize that she was no different from the rest. He slowly moved his face away from hers so he could look into her eyes better. The fact that he wasn't making any movement to back off was only infuriating her more. "Why are you so afraid of Gavin spending time with me?" He questioned in almost a whispered tone.

Reign took the opportunity to move away from him. Her attempt at being intimidating did not go well. She shifted her eyes away from him and slowly sat back down on the chair. Justin watched her contently before motioning for Brian to come over and refill his drink. "Get her a vodka cranberry too yeah?" Brian nodded while taking out a new glass for Reign. "Because you'll ruin his life Justin. He's still only 17 I don't want him to get pushed into the industry yet. He's not ready." She shook her head then quietly thanked Brian for the drink. "I'm not going to ruin his life. I'm just acting as a mentor. Helping him learn the ropes so he doesn't get fucked. I'm trying to do some good for once." He argued. Reign had a lot of nerve accusing him of ruining peoples lives. More people had ruined his life over the course of the years, but it didn't seem to really matter.

"What are you getting out of it?" She asked. Her eyes studied his, and he felt his body tense again. "What makes you think I'm getting anything out of it?" Reign let out a laugh and sipped on her drink. "You don't do charity work. Reggie offered you something in exchange to 'mentor' Gavin. Tell me what it was."

Feeling defeated, Justin sighed heavily before sitting back in his chair some. "He said mentoring Gavin and helping him with his career while attaching my name to his would help me ease back into my own career again." He looked away from her, a bit afraid to see her reaction to what he'd just confessed. Much to his surprise, Reign did not react negatively. She remained quiet, and even seemed intrigued as she continued to consume her vodka-cranberry. "You really think you can help him instead of just turn him into another you part two?"

Justin rolled his eyes once more and then reached into his back pocket to extract his wallet. He was tired, and he was mostly done reliving old times. "It doesn't matter anymore Reign. It's over. I get it. You want me to stay away from the kid fine. Let me tell you something though. Gavin wants it. He is determined and he will do it with or without me. He's not going to sit back and let it go he's already had a taste and I know for a fact he wants more." With that Justin handed his credit card over to Brian and closed out his tab. Reign stayed quiet and lowered her gaze. She knew Justin was right. She might have been letting her own personal vendetta with him get in the way of seeing clearly. The only thing she wanted was to protect her son. She had worked hard to give him a practically perfect life. She'd sheltered him from the hardships and swept many secrets under the rug. Her gaze lifted, and she felt her heart sink when she realized Justin was gone. Grabbing her bag, she went to pay for her drink but Brian waved her off. "Justin paid for it, he went out this door." He pointed to the side door that led into the alley way. Reign offered him a warm smile before whispering a thank you.

 

Justin definitely needed to clear his head now, and the best way for him to do that was to take a long walk. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his bottle of Ativan. Old faces from the past was not something that excited him at all. Reign had stirred the pot more than ever, and all Justin wanted was to erase it. He had met Reign at a small venue when she worked for jazz artist. At the time Justin was well on his way to the top. He was young, and only 15, while Reign was 17 and far more experienced than him in every way. He had her to thank for many first time experiences. Unfortunately he had to go on the road, and lost contact with her over the years. When he finally got in touch with her again she was heavy in a new relationship, and had a baby. Despite his better judgment to just let her go, he continued to write and call her. She was always good for lonely nights, and being a musician caused him to have many of those.

"Justin wait up!"

He stopped abruptly and looked up towards the sky before silently cursing to himself. "Go away Reign." He called out, before dispensing 4 pills into his mouth. "No, look I know I was a bitch back there." She caught up to him and slowed her jog down to meet his pace. "No shit." He sighed. "Justin, you're right okay? I know you are, about Gavin. I know you and I have a pretty fucked up past and I shouldn't let that get in the way of things for him." He stopped walking and faced her fully. "How is Shawn anyways? You're still married right?" He smirked and rocked on his heels some. Reign gave him a confused look before pushing him in the arm. "Don't change the subject. Shawn is fine. No he doesn't know I am here, but he knows Gavin has been talking to you." Justin pressed his lips together and nodded. "I'm sure he is thrilled." Reign gave him a glare. "I know Gavin is headstrong, and I know he will find his way to make it if he wants it bad enough. If you can promise me that he will be okay with you then...you don't have to pull the plug." She shifted her gaze away from him. Reign knew that the fate of her son depended on the type of people he sought to help him make it to the top. As much as she knew Justin was a destruction all in himself, she wanted to believe that if his own shot at reclaiming his dignity relied on Gavin, then maybe it would be good for both of them.

Justin squinted his eyes at her. He wasn't sure he had heard her right. "Wait, so now you want me to help him?" She nodded. "Only if you promise he will be okay with you. I want to be involved though. I don't want any shit going on behind my back." He let out a long sigh and ran his hand over the top of his head. Their eyes met, and for a long moment he stayed quiet before surrendering. "Yeah, I promise. You have nothing to worry about Reign." She studied his eyes for a moment before finally exposing a small smile. "I'll see you soon then."  


Incomplete
Mandy822 is the author of 2 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: soloj justin paparazzi