We've been goofing off and laughing, smoking a joint in the process. He laughs at how red Elise becomes when I bring up taking her 13 year old daughter clothes shopping. "Elise, it's okay. My sister did the same thing to my parents and trust me, I waited till I was 16 before I even had a girlfriend."

"I was 11 when I had my first boyfriend, he had a terrible stutter and was so sweet."

"How long were you with him?"

"Five years and then he had to move, so we lost contact." I look at JC, curious. "You're horribly nosy."

He shrugs. "Helps me understand people around me better than if I don't ask these questions."

I'm silent because this just may be her next serious relationship; I can see plain as day that he's intrigued by her and she genuinely likes him for who he is as a person. She peeks in the room at the clock. "We should start getting ready to go."

"I forgot to ask," he begins, Elise cutting him off. 

"We came to see Cavo, 12 Stones and Thornley on the Rockin' Road Trip Tour, I won the backstage passes."

"Really? I flew out to check em out, I've got backstage all access passes because I'm friends with Sean and Scott Anderson's cousin's friend's sister's boyfriend and he got them for me."

She releases a huff air through her nose, blowing a strand of hair out of her face. "Show off."

"I shelled out a couple grand for three and my brother and his fiancé couldn't make it, my niece got sick."

He has my attention. "What are you saying?" I implore. 

"Would you ladies, especially you, Elise, like to have the other two passes?"

We begin shrieking and jumping and hugging each other, Elise stopping for some reason. "And what do you expect in return?" she demands to know, hands on her hips. 

"For the both of you to stay with me through the show and just have fun."

She smiles. "Gladly."

"I could only get three passes," he adds, "because Framing Hanley's manager doesn't like me much."

"Oh! JC Chasez has to be limited?" she reacts, becoming extremely playful. 

"Yeah, I do sometimes."

"Why Boston?"

"I missed the kick off in LA and I wanted to see them before they hit New York. I was in Atlanta with the group, Girl Radical, and they were finishing up with recording their album."

 

Holy shit can they gab! They've been talking a hundred miles a minute since we were leaving the hotel and the whole way here, making me think they forgot I'm even with them. "Deven, I'm sorry for being rude," JC finally acknowledges me. 

"I blame Elise," I inform him, both of them turning to look at me and I give her a 'kiss my ass, beatrice' face. 

"Oooohhh, you're now deciding on working my last nerve?" she fires back. 

"Whoa! Chill out! Does this always happen?" JC interjects, essentially ending our mini squabble. 

"No, it's the first time," I confess. 

"I'm sorry, Deven. I should be paying attention to you, too." Elise hugs me and we kiss each other's cheeks. 

"Don't get all lovey dovey, now," he jokes, laughing. 

"JC! You made it!" a man yells, causing us to let go of one another and all three of us to whip around instantly. 

"Scott! What's up?" he greets the other man, giving him a handshake with a huge grin. 

"Just playing this venue tonight," he answers, his arms outstretched. "Who are these lovely ladies?" he ponders aloud, flirting with us. 

JC envelopes Elise, who blushes and turns into his chest immediately. "This is Elise and the other beauty is Deven, I met them today. It's actually kind of funny," he quickly explains. 

"Is Elise your girl?"

"No, we just met and she's kind of shy, I suppose you could say."

"I didn't catch your name," I interrupt, wanting attention from something other than my own twisted mind.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story