Author's Chapter Notes:

 

She stared up at the white walls as the soft pads of her finger tips trailed over her moisten lips followed by her tongue. The saltiness that played on her tongue was the current result of the tears that slowly stained her cinnamon brown cheeks. She laid there in the seclusion of her bedroom in the darkness only light from the humming TV that played muted in the corner of the room. She had been in the middle of the bed curled up in fetal position for two days only arising to use the bathroom and shower, which wasn’t often seeing as she hadn’t ate or drinking anything in that time span. She couldn’t see how she could reward herself of such luxury after what she did.

How could someone go on with their day to day left knowing that someone else couldn’t? How could she go on with their lives knowing that another one couldn’t?  There were Questions that couldn’t be answered in a way that could ease the pain in her heart. The pain was not only physical but it was more emotional and mentally unbearable at times. She thought she would just die under the heaviness of it. She blamed herself for being so weak in mind that brought her to this moment. She was any common person tried to find someone to blame before self-realization set in and the guilt washed over her. That’s when the withdrawal set in leaving her lifeless in the middle of the bed, in the middle of the room.

She sniffled for the fifth time as she pulled into herself more with her arms wrapping around her stomach tightly only to be reminded of the pain that still throbbed with in her physically only to be reminded of the emptiness she felt. She inhaled deeply her bottom lip quivering violently before she let out a silent cry. The cry, which shook your very soul. She began to shake from within causing her body to terrible as she sobbed heavily. She rolled onto her back as her hands subconsciously went to her stomach covered by the large sweat shirt she had on.

She didn’t know how she was going to survive this. She didn’t know how she was able to go on after this. She could barely remember to breathe. How could she go on with her life knowing she somewhat voluntarily had another life ripped from her?

Who could get beyond that?

She sobbed out again as regret jabbed at her broken heart.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story