“So tell us about this new anticipated album.” The interviewer asked as he sat across from the calm and collected Justin Timberlake. Justin smiled cross his jean clad leg over the other and leaning in to answer the question.

“It’s differently going to be a new sound. It’s something I’ve been working on since the FutureSex/LovesSound album. I have been really taking my time with this album since I’ve had other projects come up in the film industry. I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to work with some people that I’ve been dying to work with and I’m really proud of how it’s going and coming together.”

Melanie stood off to the side behind the camera man, and the load of people watching the interview go on. She watched her boss at work, promoting his unfinished album really getting the buzz going for it. She flickered through her iPad catching herself up on what was going on for the rest of the day as well as incoming e-mails that never seem to end. Today was a light day because Justin was getting ready to take a short vacation for his birthday in two more days. She was left to her own device since Rachael was headed to pick up, a woman named Jessica. She wasn’t entirely unsupervised though.  Trace was not too far away, he was sitting in a chair beside Ericka and JoAnn, but he kept an eye out of Melanie only helping when needed.

He was hardly used.

She watched on as Justin threw his head back sharing a laugh with the interviewer at something he said.

“That is hilarious, just simply hilarious; my next question is there someone special in your life right now? The last we heard things had ended with Jessica Biel, can you tell us about that?”

Justin clasped his hands in lap, his once carefree expression turned went blank as he shrugged his shoulders,” Jessica and I remain very good friends, we stay in touch with each other quite frequently and that’s about the extent of my love life right now. I am really focused on my music right now. My first love.”

The interviewer nodded and continued to other questions some music related and others just random questions about the things going on in the world with whatever was a hot topic at the moment. The interview took about twenty minutes and soon Justin was up and traveling out of the building to the waited cars.  Justin waved at cluster of paparazzi that was loitering outside the building doors before disappearing into the black SUV. Melanie followed him and climbed inside sitting in the seat behind him while Trace sat beside Justin and Erick and JoAnn in the last seat.

They rode to another interview and afterwards headed to an Italian bistro where Rachel was waiting. They all casually walked in with Justin trailing behind Melanie. He stood behind her as the line came to a standstill as the bistro was filled with people and a number of them coming out causing a bit of a traffic jam in the door way. Melanie stood right in the little door way with the freezing air blowing in on her back. She shivers rubbing her hands together wishing they would hurry up in.

‘You cold?” Justin asked her leaning in to whisper against her ear. She nodded in response. He was silent for a few moments before he wrapped his scarf around her neck and stood up beside her taking each one of her hands and wrapping them in between his. She looked at him as he smiled at her sweetly giving her a wink and placed his hand on the same of her back as the line finally cleared up. The hostess directly them to a private closed room.

Never once did his hand lift that was until their eyes landed upon a woman. She looked familiar Melanie thought. As she stepped inside closer looking over her soft pale face and brunette long hair with a Chinese bang. She smiled brightly as Justin entered the room. Melanie felt his fingers linger along her back before he dropped his hand and departed from her side.

 

An unnerving feeling shot through Melanie.

 

Melanie finally recognized her face after gazing at her for two hours. Jessica Biel, 7th Heaven. She was very beautiful, thin and soft spoken, but she gave off this confident and strong woman. Who was sure of herself and those around her? She oozed powerful woman. Melanie kind of admired that. She couldn't help to also notice the look she gave Justin as he spoke or laughed. She was completely in love with him, you could feel it. She simply admired him, adored him.

 

Justin looked at her lovingly, but it was different. It was definitely different. She knew that much.

 

She watched as everyone interacted with each other. She noticed how Jessica and Rachel got along like sisters. They talked animatedly occasionally bursting out in fits of laughter when they whispered to each other. Trace often teased them both, more so Rachel than Jessica. Rachael would roll her  eyes, ignoring, but from time to time, Melanie caught them gazing at each other not long enough for anyone else to notice, but Melanie caught it every time and knew there was something more to their banter.

 

Joann and Erick occasionally joined if they weren't engaged in their own separate conversation, trying to pull Melanie into it. She would take the bait from time to time, but she constantly floated around the room just watching everyone, like a fly on the wall.

 

Just as the night was whining down and everyone was eating the last of their desserts and sipping the last of their evening coffee. Jessica spoke to Melanie, while she leaned against Justin, wrapping her arm around his. He didn't look down, but kept his eyes on Melanie," So, Melanie how are you liking it so far working this Justin?"

 

Melanie sat down the coffee cup she was sipping from and swallowed down her warm liquid," Oh, it's great. Definitely different from any other job I've had, different learning experience, but I like it."

 

"Oh that's great to hear, so where are you from?" Jessica asked inquisitively

 

"Syracuse."

 

"Oh a fellow New Yorker, I thought I noticed the accent. What made you want to move out to LA?"

 

Melanie shrugged keeping the answer simple," A new change of pace. My cousin offered and I took it."

 

"Oh yes, Rachael was telling Sanaa was your cousin. Oh she is such a wonderful person great actress. I've met her from time to time so incredibly sweet."

 

Melanie couldn't help, but smile at the praise of her cousin. She couldn't agree more. Jessica continued on with her innocent questions trying to get to know Melanie with the allotted time. After a while everyone began to yawn and the conversations began to dwindle down and everyone decided to call it a night. The ride back to the hotel was quiet, Justin and Jessica shared a separate ride back, which gave Melanie a feeling she couldn't quite label.

 

As she finally entered into the confines of her room, she pulled her scarf from around her neck and collapsed onto the freshly made bed. She stared up at the ceiling as her mind ran wild until she fell asleep with her arms wrapped around her as she reminisced on the feeling of being in Justin's arms.

 

The next morning Melanie sat in the middle of her bed, sipping on coffee and eating breakfast provided by room service while messaging Rachel back and forth getting things set up for Justin's birthday trip to Barbados. Making hotel accommodations and flight arrangement with all that were going. It threw her off though, when Rachel send a list of information for all that were going and to see her name on the list. She never thought for a moment she would be joining Justin on his trip, since she hadn't known him for as long as everyone else had.

 

As if Rachel knew what she would be thinking once she read the e-mail she left a side note at the very bottom, stating Justin wanted her to come along. He thought that everyone would need a pre-vacation before his scheduled pick up.

 

(iMessage)

 

Melanie: I booked the last of the flights and just received the e-mail regarding the hotel arrangements. (Sent)

Rachel: Okay, good. I'll have confirmation numbers and the itinerary out to everyone as soon as I get back from breakfast with Justin and Jess. (Received)

Melanie: Ooh okay. Talk to you later..(Sent)

 

Melanie closed the lab-top shut, placing it on the night stand along with her breakfast plate and curled back underneath the covers with her coffee mug, sipping her herbal tea. She pushed the black framed glasses up the bridge of her nose and relaxed back into the plush pillows, sitting in the quiet.

 

She thought over what she might do for the rest of her free day, but her thoughts wander off to what Justin and Jess were having for lunch. She thought they made a cute couple, thought Jessica to be reserved, but loving towards Justin. She could tell she was a very bright woman, by her simple conversation. She definitely wasn't a quiet and meek woman, she was very sure of herself. She oozed a quiet confidence, she had no desire to be made center of attention, but she did not go unnoticed.

 

Just like she was before Reggie, she didn't desire center of attention, but it just seemed to what she got. She always ended up that way. She didn't care much about what people thought or said about her. She was the type of person who danced like no one was watching even though they were.

 

She wanted so desperately to get back to that.

 

Buzz Buzz

 

She snapped her attention to the hard buzz of her phone on the nightstand surface. She grabbed it and looked at the message that appeared on the screen.

 

JTimb: Hope your morning is going well. Did you have any plans this evening? I was hoping you could join me in the studio. I need a fresh pair of ears.

 

Melanie couldn't help the smile that spread across her lips, she bite down on the corner of lip and texted back quickly.

 

A relaxed day. Sure, I'll do whatever I can to help. What time should I be ready?

 

Jtimb: Midnight. See ya then.

 

Knock Knock.

 

Melanie looked up and climbed out of the bed pulling her sweater shirt over her tank top clad chest. She opened it up to see JoAnn and Ericka standing at the door fully dressed and cheery," Hey girls."

 

"Girl, what are you doing?! Cooped up in this hotel room." Erika snorted looking Melanie over at her attire.

 

Melanie shrugged," I was working for a few hours this morning, but now I'm just relaxing."

 

"Well you have eternity to relax when you are dead. But today we are going out on the town, lunch, site seeing and shopping of course." Erika added receiving a nodded from JoAnn as the barged passed Melanie into her room. Melanie blinked a few times before turning around with a smile.

 

Just what she needed to get back to her old self. A day out with the girls.

 

"Oh my God that is so cute on you Mel, you should definitely get that, so bohemian chic which is definitely your style." JoAnn nodded animatedly as Melanie stood in front of a full length mirror. She looked over the coral floral flowy maxi dress that stopped just on the top of her feet. It was a plunging v-cut in the front and an open back. It would definitely be great to wear in Barbados.

 

"I think I'm going to get it." She decided nodding at herself as she moved her body from side to side admiring the dress even more. Erika came bouncing from the dressing room in a green one piece sweat suit that was cut out on the sides and was a halter.

 

"Oh that's cute." Melanie smiling and then disappearing into her dressing room.

 

"I have so many bathing suits it's not even funny, but I can't help myself. I mean it's Barbados. Sun and skin is a must along with a new bathing suit."

 

Melanie chuckled pulling the dress off her body and looking at the tag in habit," $300?!" She almost, but yelled.

 

"300 for what" Joann asked while shuffling through a clothes rack. Melanie hurried slipped back into her jeans and sweater before slipping out of the dressing room once again. She waved the dress," This thing. I can't afford a $300 dress right now."

 

Erick and Joann shared a looked both chuckling," Have you checked your bank account lately?”

 

"No why?"  Melanie eyed suspiciously

 

"Check it" Ericka advised. Melanie pulled her phone out her cross shoulder bag and went through phone to her bank app and proceed to check and to her surprise a large sum of money was deposited into her account," Well holy shit."

 

Ericka and Joann busted out laughing and continued on to what they were doing.

 

“This job definitely can be stressful, but it has its perks. Free vacations, traveling around the world and a hefty bank account. You have more than you need to start over again. By the time we get back home from vacation. You will have enough to get your own place and furnish it and when we come back from tour. You will have enough to purchase your own home." Erika explained making her way back to her dressing room.

 

"Justin takes care of us definitely. He is awesome to work for. He genuinely caring. I've worked for my share fair of celebrities and he is definitely the top 5 of mines that I would want to work for forever. His mom definitely raised him well." Joann added on.

 

Melanie should see that he was very caring, that wasn’t something she doubted.

 

“Besides, Justin has a small entourage, so therefore he can afford to be more than generous with his money.” Erika noted as they continued around the store checking out some of the accessories.

 

Melanie glanced down at her phone nodding,” That. I can tell.”

 

JoAnn slipped some earrings onto her ears and checked herself out in the mirror,” But of course with you. He maybe a little more than usual…”

 

Her voice tapering off earning a few short and forced coughs from Erika that didn’t go past Melanie. She looked back and forth between them with a puzzled look.  When they both didn’t response and busied themselves with the array of sunglasses, just as she was about to question them her phone began to ring.

 

She glanced down to see her phone to see her Mom calling it, she excused herself with the same lost look as she pressed her phone to ear,” Hey mom.”

 

“How come you are in New York City and didn’t bother to tell us?!”

Melanie instantly notice the hint of disappointment in her mother’s voice. Instant guilt flooding in,” Sorry Mom, I’ve been working almost non-stop since I’ve been here. Just getting a little free time right now. Did Sanaa call you?”

 

Her Mom let out a heavy sigh,” No, I was looking at Entertainment tonight and caught a glimpse of you with Justin Timberlake.”

 

“Oh sorry Mom, its just work. I haven’t had much time to do much.” She wrapped an arm around her body as she wandered around the clothing store.

 

“It’s okay sweetheart. We just miss you so much. Just hoping we could get to see you before you left. When are you leaving?”

 

“Two days.” She answered flipping aimlessly through a clothing rack.

 

“Oh wow, back to LA huh?”

 

“Actually. No, Barbados its Justin’s birthday week and he is taking everyone to Barbados to celebrate. Let everyone have a good time before things start getting crazy with his promotions and stuff.

 

“Oh wow! Barbados? I heard its beautiful there. A nice getaway. You need that.” Her mother said a bit softer than in the beginning. Melanie couldn’t help, but smile a little.

 

“Look I’ll try and come see you and Daddy if I can.”

 

“No,  no it’s fine honey. We will see you soon. We know you are working just call us when you leave okay? And when you get back okay? We will plan a trip out to LA when you have the free time. Okay??”

 

Melanie hugged herself tightly,” Okay that would be good. I miss you both so much.”

 

“We miss you too honey. I’ll let you go, love you Melanie.”

 

“Love you too Mom, give Daddy my love.”

 

“Will do. Bye”

 

“Bye.”

 

 

Staring at the New York skyline, Justin slipped his feet one by one into his sneakers, tying a knot tightly on each shoe before taking up stretching the echoing of his bones cracking sounding through his quiet hotel room. He grabbed his freshly pressed blue flannel long sleeve button down and slipped it on his body and quickly buttoning it up. He moved around the room effortless in the dark as he grabbed various items, like his wallet, watch, phone and his black beanie to place over his disheveled hair.

 

“Do you have to go so late?” A voice called out from the mountain of plush covers. Justin turned around from his position in front of the mirror as he snapped his watch around his waist. He smiled to himself.

 

“I didn’t wake you did I?

 

“No, I haven’t been asleep.” She confessed sheepishly. He knew that. He could feel her eyes on him ever since he emerged from the shower. But act as though he didn’t even notice the slightest bit.

 

He walked over to the bed crawling down into the middle of it where she laid bare the only thing keeping her covered and warm. The comforter and now his body as he laid on top of her. He could see the outline of her eyes from the moonlight and the lights of the nearby buildings. She wrapped her long slender arms around his neck and her gentle fingers rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“You know I do my best thinking at night.” He answered her previous question as he stared into her eyes. She gave a knowing smile as she lets one of her hands run their fingers along his growing stubble.

 

“I know, but you know this will be the only true alone time we will have before we go to Barbados with everyone. I hardly get you to myself these days and the days that I want too and can it doesn’t seem like enough.” She whispered as she brushed her small nose against his and leaned up kissing his lips gently and slowly.

 

He smiled against her lips kissing hers back lightly,” I know, but we will get time alone.”

 

“When?”

 

“Soon.”

 

“Not soon enough.” She whispered with disappointment. Justin sighed resting his forehead against hers and kissed her nose lightly.

 

“Soon.”

 

He pushed himself off her and stood onto adjusting his clothes,” I’ll be back before you wake up.”

 

She blew out a breath and rolled over onto her side to look at him. He looked at her for a moment then leaned down giving her another kiss before grabbing the hotel key off the nightstand and heading out the door.

 

He let out a breath once the door closed behind him and shook his head. Tiny was standing at the end of the hall by the elevator waiting for him. He nodded towards him and made his way down and hopped on the elevator riding it all the way down. Once the door flew open again, he spotted Melanie waiting pacing back and forth in front of the revolving doors. Once they were in her peripheral, she slowed her pace and gave him a smile.

 

“You ready to go?” He asked as he approached her and she gave them a quick nod and they headed out the door to the car. They both climbed into the backseat and headed off to the studio.

 

They arrived at the studio fifteen minutes later, Justin had already jumped on the sound board. Melanie sat back on the large worn couch and was tapping away at the keys going through her e-mails. Justin looked back over his shoulder as she looked intensely at the screen, he turned forward rubbing his fingers over his lips, thinking to himself.

 

He got up and walked over to the piano that was tucked over into corner and sat down. He glanced over his shoulder once before turning around and began to play a melody quietly.

 

” You know how to play the piano?” Justin asked out loud. Melanie looked up from her screen looking over at him and nodded.

 

“Yeah that and the guitar. I haven’t really played in years.”

 

He grinned and nodded, patting the bench beside him giving her an invitation,” Well let’s see how rusty you are.”

 

She shook her head with a chuckle,” No I couldn’t.”

 

He twisted his body to look at her,” Enlighten me.”

 

She sighed and smiled closing the computer and got up walking over to him and slid down next to him as his fingers danced over the keys playing a random melody for a moment and then drew back his hands, motioning at the keys.

 

“Show me what you got.”

 

She sighed and looked at the keys. She hadn’t played in such a long time and she had a reason why. Music use to be a release for her, and still was writing was an outlet, but playing and singing was another. She reached out and touch the cool white keys with shaking hands. Justin took notice.

 

 

“After what happened between Britney and I, I didn’t know how to deal with my emotions. I had gotten so tired of trying to hide how hurt I was and the only way I could truly let it out and out of my system was music. It was evident in some of those songs, I will admit that to you. “He chuckled at the end.

 

She looked up at him as he smirked,” The video cry me a river was no accident. Music is expression sometimes you can’t help what comes out.”

 

“That’s what I’m afraid of.” She whispered to herself as she stared back at the keys.

 

He reached out placing a hand on her leg for reassurance,” Don’t be. It’s just me and you and you can let whatever you are afraid come out. Music is a safe haven that’s something no one can take that from you because it’s a part of you.”

 

She glanced at his hand and to his eyes for a few moments,’ Okay.”

 

He smiled and removed his hand reluctantly and waited beside her as she placed her hands on the keys again and began to play a tune. He nodded his head to the music she played with his eyes closed tapping his foot, but opened his eyes once more as he heard her voice.

 

You and me, we made a vow

For better or for worse

I can't believe you let me down

But the proof's in the way it hurts

 

He watched as she played with her eyes closed in deep thought as she sung. The frown lines lined her forehead as she struck down harder on the keys. He continued to listen to her sing and pour out her heart over the keys. He knew it was what she needed and he just sat and listened he didn’t recognize the song, so it must have been something she personally wrote. It was well written for sure.

 

She didn’t cry, nor did she shed a tear like he thought she might have, but the pain was evident still. She let her music cry for her.

 

He listened as she played the enough of her song letting the music taper off before she opened her eyes again. Her hands no longer shook and she didn’t wear the frown she had once she started. After a few minutes, she turned her head to look him in the face and she held his gaze.

 

Justin leaned towards her staring into her deep brown eyes and glanced down at her pink lips and quickly captured them with his own without much thought, but retracted just as quick,” I’m sor—“

 

He was cut short by her lips covering his.

 

She didn’t know what came over, but the feel of his lips sent a spark through her body and had all hairs standing on end. He wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her tightly against his chest as she drove her fingers underneath his beanie kissing him hungrily.

 

He managed to maneuver them both until they sat facing each other and her legs wrapped around his waist and he in turn gather her up against him as he stood to his feet. She wrapped her arms tightly around his neck as he held onto the back of her thighs. His tongue darting between her lips to toy with hers. He let out an animalistic moan that sent vibrations between her thighs. Something she never felt with anyone before. Every moment of his lips against hers and every feel of his tongue sent her into a drunken haze.

 

She couldn’t think, but her body did all the thinking for her. It has been awhile since she felt the roughness of a man’s hand as he moved his along the groove of her back underneath her shirt. He moved his lips from hers and she let out a disapproving groan, but feel his wet trails along the side of her neck drawing a hidden moan from her depths.

 

“Ohhh.” She nosily approved. Justin began to move once again trying his best attempt to keep his eyes open to find the couch, but ended up pushing her back into a wall.

 

She let out a humph from the sudden impact, but it wasn’t enough to distract her from the feel of his lips traveling along the tops of her shoulder as his hands moved around to her stomach and traveling up until the tips of his fingers slipped her bra, gazing the skin of her breasts.

 

She snatched the beanie from the top of his head and drug her fingers into his unruly hair as she pressed him tightly against her skin as he sucked and bite on her neck. She could feel him inhale her scent.

 

“I don’t know what it is about you.” She managed to hear him say between his sucking and nibbling.

 

She breathed heavily as she felt his hands take hold of one of breast, sending another flashing heat through her body. He pressed harder against her as she felt exactly what she did to him. She let out another a needy moan. She dropped her hands from his hair and moved quickly for the button of his pants.

 

He didn’t stop her as he held up her body against wall by pressing her tightly against it. Just as she got the button undone with her shaking hands, his cell phone began to ring loudly with in his pocket.

 

“Fuck.” He cursed aloud

 

 

She stopped and blinked a few times with each blink bringing her out of her daze. He drunk down into his pocket and retrieved the phone answering it and placing it to his ear.

 

“Hello??”

 

She looked down between them slowly beginning to realize what just happen,” Yeah Rachael I’m in the studio.”

 

Her eyes widen as shock began to set in. She watched as Justin watched her reaction, he frowned.

 

What in the fuck just happened?



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story