He royally screwed up.

 

Justin mentally kicked himself as he stood in the shower underneath the water flow. He didn’t know what came over him. He can’t believe he kissed her. He can’t believe he had his hands all over her body. Her lips, her skin, her hair, her breasts. Oh my god, she had amazing breasts. He bite down on his bottom lip trying to keep himself from growing hard again.

 

He spent the rest of the night and early morning hard as a rock each time the echoes of her moans decided to jog through his memory, with Jessica laying next him and she took full advantage of what she probably thought was because of her naked warm body next to his.

 

He could only kick himself and Rachael too. Now, that he thought about she interrupted their moment only to show her ass to the studio. He was annoyed enough that she messed up a perfectly good moment between him and Melanie. But when she showed up to the studio he was just plain pissed.

 

He thought he could have savage the moment had Rachael not showed up. They sort of laughed it off and chalked it up to the emotions of her song and the sensitive moment. The energy was still, the pull was still there but when Rachael burst through the door. The moment was dead and never to be resurrected. Jesus himself couldn’t even bring the moment back.

 

Rachael was the damn grim reaper.

 

He recorded for an hour while she and Melanie made simple conversation. He still couldn’t keep his eyes off of her, but she tried her best to avoid his. The ride home was quiet and the air hung was frustration and disappointment between them. And maybe a bit of regret. But there was no doubt the sexual tension was still lingering behind all that

 

When they made it back to the hotel and she stepped out of the elevator. A million thoughts ran through his head and one being that he wanted to follow her and finished what they started and the other wanted to tell her he was sorry if he overstepped his boundaries. But once she stepped off and she made it a couple of feet in front of them as the doors closed, she glanced back over her shoulder  but not directly and bite the bottom of her lip before the doors closed.

 

Maybe she didn’t regret the moment, he sure as hell know he didn’t. That was until he walked back into his room to see Jessica curled up in one of his shirts fast asleep.

 

He is fucked.

 

 He reached and shut off the hot water and grabbed a shower from the nearby rack and wrapped it around his waist. He continued to the sink and began digging through his bag for his tooth brush. As he began to brush his teeth, he heard a rattled knock on the room door.

 

“I got it!” Jessica announced.

 

He knew it was probably Tiny reminding them that they had a few minutes before they needed to head down stairs. He finished brushing his teeth and pulled his boxers on before exiting the bathroom to see Trace standing in the middle of the room chatting with Jess as she sat on the edge of the bed slipping on her flats.

 

Trace turned meeting him with a head nod,” Hey what’s up? Shouldn’t you be getting ready right now?”

 

“Shouldn’t you already be ready?” Trace shot back with a bit of attitude, which caused Justin to frown.

 

“What crawled up your ass this morning?” Justin eyed him as he moved around the bed grabbing his jeans and slipping into them along with t-shirt. He normally would wear a long sleeve due to the weather, but since they won’t be in for long. He wanted to be able just to pull off his jacket once he stepped foot off the place in Barbados.

 

Trace sighed as he rug his hands over his face,” Your cousin is my problem, she has been in everyone’s ass since 5am this morning, barking.”

 

Justin rolled his eyes,” Why?”

 

“I don’t know man, maybe she is on the rag or something, but I am fucking annoyed right now. But anyways I was sent to tell you that you got 15 minutes to be downstairs, Tiny and Eric will be up in five to get your bags. Mission Accomplished. Now I’m going to get the coffee that Rachael woke Melanie up from her sleep to go get. Poor girl.”

 

Justin’s ears perked at the last bit of information which only piled on the frown lines on his forehead. Trace threw a wave before headed out the room. Jessica chuckled a bit and looked over at Justin.

 

“Rachael is already on a rampage? I wondered why.” Jessica inquired as stood up shrugging her shoulders and began to gather the last of her things. Justin wondered the same thing and he has half the mind to go find her, but Tiny came knocking on the door to help them with their bags.

 

 

Melanie dragged her bags behind her as she yawned for what seemed like the hundredth time. She needed a triple shot of something if she was going to be working all day. Rachael came knocking on her door about 4 a.m.  Only after being sleep for two. They had to set everything in place for their trip to the airport and when they arrived at the destination which meant like being on the phone all day long and coffee runs.

 

But that wasn’t the thing that annoyed her, but it was Rachael was in what she called a bitch mode. There was no please there were no thanks, but that wasn’t what really got under Melanie’s skin it was her tone through it all. For some reason, she couldn’t shake her tone. It was definitely something that warned for her to stay on her toes or else and that was if she cared.

 

Melanie didn’t. She knew she had a job to do, but the attitude wasn’t necessary but she chalked it up it being an early morning, with a late night situation. For now. But within the last hour she hadn’t seen Rachael’s face and she was glad because she didn’t know how much of it she could take before saying something.

 

In between being on various phone calls, she had e-mails coming in her personal e-mail from Sanaa with different bridesmaid’s dresses and center pieces. She stated she couldn’t sleep because Josh was in Miami for a TV show appearance.

 

She made it outside where, Tiny and Eric were placing bags in and the others stood around outside of the black vans. She took a quick glance around not noticing Justin nor his girlfriend and she was relieved.

 

She didn’t feel like seeing him until she had a chance to get her thoughts together. After what happen last night, her mind was in a whirlwind of emotions, but her skin was still searing from reminisce of his touch. She could still feel him all over her body, the way his squeeze and rubbed her skin. She could feel his hands running through her hair and his wet soft kisses dancing on her warm skin.

 

It nearly brought her to her knees, God that man felt a mark on her like no man has ever. She couldn’t get his smell out of her head even though she had showered and washed her hair.  She was ripped from her thoughts as Rachael came charging out.

 

“Melanie, did you get ahold of the airport?”  She could hear Rachael behind her. Melanie drew a deep breath before turning around with a smile.

 

“Yeah the plane is waiting on us.”

 

Rachael nodded,” Good, now where is Trace?”

 

Trace had long got into the van and was probably half sleep by now. He looked highly annoyed as she did with Rachael so she would spare him for the moment,” I have no idea.”

 

Rachael looked around and shrugged. Just then Tiny came out of the hotel doors quickly followed by Jessica and Justin behind him with Eric covering the tail end, they quickly made their way over to the van that was assigned to them. Melanie watched as they quickly disappeared into the van without much of an acknowledgment towards them.

 

Melanie forced back the reaction to frown.

 

” Okay we usually get in the van with them as Justin’s assistant but since it’s just a vacation. We don’t have too, but Trace and I will join them and you can get in the van with the others.” Rachael stated with if she wasn’t mistaken a snobbish attitude.

 

Melanie didn’t reply out of fear that she would reply back just as nasty. Melanie headed towards the van and stepped into scooting to the back where Trace was as he leaned against the window with his cap over his face. Melanie sat down beside him at the other end. Rachael peeked her head inside to get a count of everyone before dropping her eyes on Trace.

 

“Trace.”

 

He ignored her pretending to be sleep, but Melanie knew better,” I think he is sleep.”

 

Rachael rolled her eyes and then closed the doors with a slam drawing a look from everyone in the van,” What crawled up her ass?” JoAnn was the first to speak.

 

“Thanks by the way.”

 

Melanie looked over to Trace as he now sat up placing his cap back onto his messy hair. She nodded with a smile,” No problem.”

 

They began to make small talk as they were driven to the airport. Melanie came to find out a lot about Trace in the short amount of time. He was absolutely hilarious, much laid back, passionate about the clothing line that originally started off with him and Justin, but now was solely his. One big thing that stuck out for her was Trace pride in his best friend. She could tell that he was a true friend.

 

They made it to the airport and boarded the private jet everyone sat in their seats. Trace followed Melanie to a pair of seats as they continued their conversation on different clothing lines and various indie music artist. Rachael didn’t seem to take kindly to Trace purposely ignoring her you could practically see the steam from her ears which made everyone steer clear of her for the most part.

 

Justin and Jessica sat a row over from them completely engulfed in their own conversation. Justin from time to time would look over his shoulder as though searching the plane, but would let his eyes linger over to Trace and Melanie.

 

He watched as they laughed together as they talked animatedly about whatever was on his iPad. Never once did she look up, but every time he did look towards he noticed a small smile. She could feel his eyes on her. He was content with that, he felt reassurance that she wasn’t upset about what happen between them.

 

The flight to Barbados was only four hours or so hours. After a quick nap they were all waking up and walking out into the heat. They immediately shed their winter jackets and rolled up their sleeves as they board their van shuttle to the beach house. Once they arrived, Melanie was spell bound. The ocean waters on their way in was absolutely breath taking, so crystal clear like a photograph.

 

The drive to the house was about thirty minutes once they pulled down a long stretch of road they were upon a grand two-story home and all its beauty. It was a soft tan color surrounded by a lush’s greenery with large palm trees just beautiful landscaping with the back drop of the rich colored ocean.  Melanie had never seen anything so beautiful before.

 

Once stepping out of the shuttle van various house staff came out to greet Justin and Jessica as they stepped out of theirs. Justin smiled humbly hugging one of the staff giving her the impress that he had been here many times before. Rachael chatted animatedly with another crew member pointing towards Melanie waving her over.

 

Melanie was sent on task to make sure that Jessica and Justin bags were made take to their room and that their room was in order before they arrived.  They had their own little guesthouse that was detached from the house. It was more like a completely separate home, smaller and more intimate. It had three other bedrooms which was for his immediate family. Once inside and were given the okay by them both Justin walked her to the door while Jessica disappeared into the bathroom to get into her bathing suit.

 

“You are free to enjoy yourself, right now you officially off duty. I am paying the staff to take care of anything I need. So might as well take this advantage right now. “Justin stated he followed behind her as she stepped out into the hall and walking with her towards the front door.

 

Melanie nodded turning around to face him a bit,” About the other night.”

 

She held up her hand and shook her head,” Not ready to address that and how wrong all of it was…”

 

Justin nodded and remained silent in respect before speaking again,” You free to go.”

 

She nodded turning on her heel and began walking away before she heard him call out,” But it didn’t feel wrong and you know it.”

 

Melanie closed her eyes briefly suppressing the tingly feeling between her legs as those images ran through her mind.  She didn’t dare turn around, but continued down the stairs and out to the main house.

 

Once she entered the main house Rachael handed out room assignments, and Melanie took flight to her room on the bottom floor which had the most spectacular view of the beach with her blue covered in white and royal blue colors the patio doors were open with a pair of soft lounge chairs in front of her bed. She didn’t know which would be better sleeping in the bed or in the chair they both looked equally comfortable.

 

Her bags were already brought in sitting neatly by the bed. She grabbed one and threw it open pulling out a white lace longue dress and a pair of gold sandals placing them across the bed. She went in through a set of double doors entering into the oversized bedroom with a large soaking tub in the middle of the room trimmed in a black marble.

 

 

“Yess.”  She whispered rushing over to it and turning it on adding some bath salts to it that were sitting on the counter nearby feeling the room with lavender scent mixed with the ocean breeze that was coming through the open windows. Everything was so open leaving the need for air conditioning.

 

As she waited for the tub to fill she rummaged through her room and taking it the unique of the room before stepping out onto her covered patio was a longue chairs and a small table decorated beautiful. She pulled out her phone from her back pocket and took a snap shot of her view sending it to her cousin captioning it “it’s the simple things.”

 

 

Soon Sanaa texted back.

 

The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea. Enjoy call me tomorrow evening.

 

Melanie smiled slipping the phone back into her pocket and breathing in deep before disappearing back into the bedroom to enjoy her hot bath.

 

After a hot bath and a quick nap Melanie was awoken by the smell of food and laughter outside her room.  She arose to notice the sun going down giving everything a warm orange glow and she could see torch lights flickering around the outside. She slipped on her sandals and ran her fingers through her hair fixing it a bit and making her way out through the patio and down the few steps.

 

Everyone was sat around a long stretched dining table sipping on wine, beer, or a cock tail laughing and joking around. A few more people had joined them at the house one Melanie recognized to Justin’s own mom. She had a head full of blonde curls and the same charming smile Justin wore on his face.

 

Justin had his arm around the back of his Mom’s chair as he laughed with her. No one noticed her expect Justin before she stepped up closer. He flashed her a soft smile and she returned. He stepped his mom’s shoulder before whispering a pointing towards Melanie.

 

Lynn turned her head and took in the brown skinned beauty. Lynn was secretly in awe of the woman’s skin tone it was like silk they way it shimmered in the lighting. She had heard much about her from her son. He practically sung her praises as subtlety as he could, but she knew better. She knew her son a lot more than he gave her credit for.

 

He knew when he was smitten by someone because it didn’t happen often. The last time he was smitten that he tried to hide it was when he and Britney first met and that was ages ago. Lynn moved to stand to greet the young woman.

 

“You must be Melanie?”

 

Melanie nodded with a shy grin,” Yes ma’am. No doubt that you are Mrs. Harless.”

 

Lynn swat at her with a chuckle and held out her arms,” Call me Lynn. It’s nice to finally meet you.”

 

Melanie stepped into her arms hugged her gently only for Lynn to response with a tight squeeze. Justin watched as his mom welcomed her with a warm embrace and he couldn’t help, but smirk as Melanie smiled at him.

 

She soon went around and met his brothers and his step-dad and a few more of his closest friends. Everyone hung around the dining room table until dinner was served and the gathered around the large table while Justin sat in the middle surrounded by his family. Melanie watched as he engaged with his family laughing and making jokes. Seeing how happy he was being around the people he loved and it warmed Melanie’s heart because everyone included her. She wasn’t excluded from any other the laughter or jokes.

 

She could understand why Jessica looked at him the way she did. He was very loveable and so was his family and friends. As they ate dinner several people went around and wished Justin a happy early birthday, made jokes about, toasted to him or said something very sentimental. Melanie didn’t have much to say so she just wished him a happy birthday.

 

After a long dinner everyone got up and separate out along the outside on the terrance. Melanie wandered through the house checking out the décor and eventually ventured into the large open kitchen where the workers were cleaning up for dinner and cutting up fresh fruit along large platter. They all hummed to the sound of a radio playing off the edge of the kitchen counter.

 

They smiled happily at Melanie as she looked over the fruit and finally deciding a juicy cut of mango. She almost wanted to moan at the juiciness of it, something that they definitely weren’t getting in the states.

 

“Oh my god this is so good.”

 

“Locally grown.” A mid-age woman motioned to the array of fruits as she continued to cut more. Melanie nodded as she grabbed herself some more.

 

“Sit, sit.” The lady insisted sweetly at the bar stool across from her. Melanie happily took a seat as another worker fetched her a glass of white wine and poured it before her. She nodded her head graciously as she watched mostly the women busy themselves with their task singing happily to themselves in their native language.

 

They didn’t seem at all bothered doing what they were doing, catering to the stars. They actually seemed to enjoy what they were doing. She was sure they got paid well, but she could tell that the kitchen was their natural habitat.

 

Melanie watched as the woman in front of her cut away at fresh pineapple effortlessly with her large knife. The woman was quick like the knife was attached to her body,” So how long have you been working here?”

 

The woman looked up with her dark brown eyes with a grin,” Oh sinc’ I was eighteen.”

 

“How old are you now?”

 

“47.”

 

Melanie was shocked before the woman didn’t look a day over about thirty 35,” Oh wow I need to move here if I have any chance of looking like you at 47.”

 

” I thank the Lord, the sun and good genetics.” The woman stated with a wink causing them both to laugh wholeheartedly. Melanie spent the whole night chatting with the ladies in the kitchen as they cut fruit, prepared for the next morning breakfast until it was time for some them to retreat to their own quarters at the far east of the house and the others home.

 

With a belly full of fruit and her fifth half empty glass of wine, Melanie headed towards her bedroom. She could still hear the lively chatter of those still outside enjoying the night air.

 

“Hey, where you disappear too?”

 

A voice to the right of her spoke, she turned her head as she slowed down her walk as it was Trace looking to have been coming from the nearby restroom.  She smiled clasping both hands over her glass,” Oh I was in the kitchen eating fruit and drinking wine with the locals. Time got away with me.”

 

He nodded scratching the back of his neck with a grin as he looked into her glossed eyes,” Yeah they are really great people. Never really seem to be ever in a bad mood.”

 

“How could you living here? Place is beautiful.” She confessed.

 

Trace looked around in the vase open foyer and nodded,” I do agree.”

 

 Melanie took another couple of sips of her glass before tilting her glass towards him.” Well I think I’m going to call it a night, if anyone asks. I’m moderately intoxicated and I think the bed is calling me.”

 

Trace snickered stepping around her as she began her descent down the hall,” No problem, go sleep that off. See you in the morning at breakfast.”

 

She waved a hand in the air without looking back and disappeared down the hallway towards her room.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story