Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy

 

The soft rhythm of the sea brought Justin out of his sleep into full consciousness. He pushed back the goose feather filled comforter and positioned his feet onto the warm wooden floor. He pushed himself gentle from the bed making sure not to wake Jessica as well. As he stood up he stretched out his body listening to pops and cracks of his bones before pulling his body back into its relaxed state.

 

The sun were just barely peaking over the horizon the sky still painted a soft blue. Justin made his way across the room into the bathroom to relieve himself. Once finished and with a quick brush of his teeth and a wash of his face. He emerged from it with plain t-shirt through over his bare chest and he made his way out the bedroom closing the door tightly behind him and down the stairs.

 

As he stepped down off the bottom step, he could smell the brewing of coffee and the sound of sizzling meat. He walk down the short hall way and around the corner to see his Mom sitting at the island table as the kitchen staff busied themselves with the morning meal. She perched on the bar stool wrapped in her black house coat with her reading glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose with her tablet in one hand, probably on news website and the other carelessly around the handle of a glass coffee cup.

 

Justin couldn’t help, but smile as he approached her announcing his entrance,” Good morning everyone.”

 

Lynn turned around peering over her glasses at her son as the staff bid him a good morning as well,” Morning honey what are you doing up?”

 

Justin leaned over his mother’s shoulder and kissed her cheek gently before moving around her and sitting beside her," No reason, just up."

 

She smiled lovingly at him and patted his cheek then going back to reading her daily news while sipping on her hot coffee. Justin sat besides her quietly watching her while one of the staff poured him a glass of coffee and sitting out before him cream and sugar.

 

He nodded politely mixing his coffee and then getting back up and making his way out onto the small gazebo adjacent to the guest house overlooking the ocean. It was usually were he had breakfast when he visited. The view was perfect for watching the sun fully rise. As he made his way out the front door and down the small steps leading out to the large terrace. 

 

He made his way over and sat down in the soft curtain wicked chair. He took a sip of his hot coffee as it sent a rushing warm wave throughout his body. He moaned at the fresh taste.

 

Perfection.

 

 

 

The waves gently snapped around her ankles as she stood staring out into the deep. The sun just rose over the water line giving the ocean a shimmer like a blanket of diamonds covered it. She reached down adjusting the waistband of her white two-piece bikini as she began her walk farther into the water. She pushed her legs through the water until she reached waist deep then stopped. She drew a couple of deep breath before submerging herself underneath the water, feeling it warmth engulf her.

 

She took in the silence of the water only hearing the low whooshing of the moving water and her heartbreak. She loved the almost soundless depths. She rose back up pushing her hair back from around her face, taking a fresh breath of air with a smile on her face.

 

It was about early noon before Melanie emerged back from the beach. As she took to the cliff craved steps back to the house. She was met with everyone gathering around for lunch.  Erika was the first to spot her as he walked out onto the covered patio with a drink in hand," Hey there you are. We've been looking all over for you."

 

Melanie smiled sheepishly wrapping her towel tightly around her body as she caught glimpse looking over her from above the rim of his glasses along with Trace," Sorry I went down for a swim, the water is great almost couldn't bear to part with it."

 

Erika nodded with understanding as she approached her," Well we were about to eat brunch then we are going into town, do a little sightseeing and shopping if you want to come."

 

Melanie nodded watching as everyone gathered around the table," Yeah let me grab a quick shower and hurry back."

 

They parted ways as they reached the common area as she went off to her bedroom to shower and quickly returned in a pair of shorts and a simple white tank top and gold sandals.  She took a seat beside Trace as he waved her down and they began to chat up.

 

Jessica wanted to pretend she didn't notice that maybe her eyes were making up the whole imagine, but that was impossible. She wanted to pretend she didn't notice the slowly sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach as she looked at the woman before her.

 

She was beautiful in the most exotic way, like rare creation something you would only see on an exotic island like Barbados itself. Her skin tone was like milk chocolate laced with gold flakes as it shimmered in the sunlight. Her long jet black hair waved in the wind like silk.

 

She couldn't deny her beauty, she had this energy or aurora that drew you in that you didn't even notice. It didn't go unnoticed when she walked in the room everyone eyes turned to her, giving her a second glance, or a second stare that lasted a little longer than the first.  Even Justin's Mom seem to smile longingly at the woman.

 

She would be a fool not to notice Justin's attraction to her. It was which that gave her that sickening feeling in her stomach, she watched as his eyes roamed around the table watching everyone interact with each other and him with them, but his eyes would always end resting on her.

 

Even with his arm draped her or his hand resting comfortably in her lap. He was physically aware of her, but mentally his attention was focused on her the other woman. Jessica fought back the urge to address it with a quiet whisper in his ear, but not in front of everyone not on his birthday getaway. She was a little bit more considerate than any woman would be in her situation.

 

She suppressed the thought and pushed back the urge for the time being. Just for a time.

 

After brunch, everyone piled into the vans that were parked out front and they made their way inland. Their destination was a small open market area where the locals were selling their hand made things from apparel, to food.  Once they arrived, the girls took off towards the clothing Melanie just as excited, but for different reasons. Erika and JoAnn were looking to shop, but Melanie was look to purchase a piece of culture.

 

Trace and Justin’s step-brothers were following not too far behind the ladies while Rachael, Justin, Jessica and his Mom were the last to follow. Jessica linked her arm with Justin as she pointed them in the opposite direction towards the art décor.

 

Jessica wanted to put as much distances in between him and Melanie if at all possible. As they walked arm in arm casually behind Rachael and Lynn,” So how are you enjoying your birthday so far?”

 

Justin looked over to her through his sunglasses,” It’s going good, love being surrounded by all the people that mean the world to me. Thank you.”

 

He reached up to squeeze the top of her hand that rested on his bicep. She smiled and rested her head on his shoulder.

 

The afternoon was filled with shopping and rum from the local shops. The weather was beautiful and warm the locals were all so pleasant and the music was perfect. After shopping and getting their palates wet with fresh rum. They all wandered out onto the beach to hang out on the sand, laughing and hanging out.

 

Melanie honestly was enjoying herself, she had laughed so much a long time. It felt good to her spirit and soul. She more and more like herself as she spent time with Justin’s friends and family they really brought her out of her shell. She would occasionally look over to see Justin briefly glancing at her while Jessica head was turned. She would give a smile back, but kept herself emerged in the friendly conversations to distract herself from him.

 

As the sun began to set they made their way back to the vans and back to the house in time for dinner. After dinner filled with the freshest seafood and more rum, Melanie found herself wandering back into the kitchen to the staff asking about the night life on the island. They first gave her the local popular clubs for the tourist, but if she wanted a real feel of the island culture they gave her a name of one of the local clubs. A small shack about two miles up the road. One of the kitchen staff offered to take her up there and she happily accepted.

 

Justin sat in the mist of his friends and family watching them play a drinking game. His eyes scanned the scene everyone was there, but Melanie. He saw her disappear inside, but about an hour passed she never returned. His curiosity was struck.

 

He got up from chair and made his way inside without much of a second glance from anyone. He walked through the school quietly for any sign of her until he ended up in the kitchen. Two of the house staff quietly chatted as they wiped down counters,” Uhm excuse me ladies, have you seen Melanie the girl with long black hair?”

 

The women glanced at each other with raised brows and one turned to him replying with her heavy accent,” She went to the dance club up the road with some of the locals.”

 

Justin was taken back that she had wandered off by herself without any of them in tote. Just for safety precautions,” You ladies mind some showing me?”

--

 

Justin watched as she sat drinking through her red straw. She swayed back and forth to the reggae music that played through varies large speakers that were placed throughout the shack like night club. It was crowded, hot, but the breeze from the ocean waters made it bearable giving the room a light mist. It was barely lit with a few red and green colored black lights that seemed to flicker off and on when the bass to the music seemed to be too much for the poorly insulted electricity. It was definitely not something Justin was use too, but this what it meant to be on vacation. He didn’t feel as though his move was being watched by hundreds of people. No one paid him much attention as they danced with their significant others or stood around talking and drinking.

 

Justin made his way through the sweaty and dancing bodies as he kept his eyes on her. She sat sandwiched in on a wooden bar stool at the makeshift bar top. She didn't seem to mind. The dark lights gave her sweaty skin a dark bronze glow; she wore shorts showing off her long legs with tank top exposing her stomach.  He licked his lips as made his way closer coming up behind her, nodding towards the bartender.

 

“Red Stripe, please.”

 

Melanie’s eyes fluttered at the sound of the familiar voice. It sent a chill throughout her body; it broke through her trance.  She dropped her head a bit and opened her eyes to look at the half broken mirror in front of her behind the drinks and she saw him watching her through the same reflection, locking eyes.

 

They didn’t say a word.

 

Once the man returned with his drink popping the top for him, Justin reached around her stepping closer to her his chest pressing into her back slightly and swiped a twenty for the bottle, “Thanks man and whatever else this lady would like to drink.”

 

She smirked nibbling on the edge of the straw she pulled from her cup that was being refilled before turning around slipping to the edge of her chair looking up in his dark blues with boldness,” Thanks, but I thought you were the birthday boy. I should be buying you drink.”

 

Justin shrugged his shoulder looking off for a second and then staring down into her browns,” You are right about it being my birthday and I should be able to do whatever I want right?”

 

“Right…”

 

“Well, I wanted to buy you another drink.”

 

He reached around her once more and held her refilled drink in front of her. She glanced at him before dropping her straw in again and gripping the drink while her finger tips grazed his as he released it.

 

“Thanks again.” She nodded as took another sip of freshly made drink. She sighed deeply as the dark liquid bathe over her tongue sending a contrast of ice and hot throughout her blood, warming her up even more. Justin took a swig of his beer watching her for a moment before taking in the crowd again as it seemed to get even more crowded, which seemed impossible as people passed by him he found himself stepping closer to her until her knees pressing against the thighs of his pants.

 

“Sorry, I can’t believe this place can hold so many people.  You don’t have elbow room almost.” Justin said a loud as they seemed to have cranked up the music as the numbers rose. Melanie continued to sip her drink, but began to chug it down every inch he stepped closer to move out of the line of traffic.

 

She could feel the attraction as he hovered over. The attraction between them was undeniable the closer he moved the more she felt like it was suffocating her and she just wanted to reach out and touch him. It was why she went out for a walk; close vicinities didn’t do them much justice. People around them were beginning to notice it too. Especially his girlfriend, friend, or whatever he said she was, Jessica.

 

The way Jessica looked at her over lunch earlier, it was as if she knew it was something going on when in all honesty, nothing has happened. But she would be a fool to say if they kept this up, nothing would happen.

 

After the whole run in with her ex-husband, Justin couldn’t deny the fact she had this effect on him. He damn near came to blows with a man in a crowd place, over her. The glossy tears in her eyes threating to spill over  at the commotion that night in the club, the thought of her being humiliated versus his imagine was the determining fact in letting the situation go. The studio incident didn’t help.

 

He knew the possible repercussions of allowing his infatuation of her from far becoming more than that. It would make things difficult as far as their working relationship because if anything were to go sour it wouldn’t be good for business. Actually either way it came about wouldn't be good for business. Rachel would never allow him to live it down, knowing him better than his self at times, but the biggest thing he would lose a relationship he had been building over years, for someone he only known for months.

 

Even though nothing was solid, he would be lying if he said that Jessica wasn’t a big part of his life. She was a beautiful woman any guy would be more than lucky to have her, but even with that being said he wasn’t completely sold on them being an exclusive couple. It was something missing. He admire Jessica because how simple she was, down to earth, homey type spirit. She was the marrying type of woman. She was familiar.

 

Melanie was not.

 

“You want to dance?”

 

Melanie blinked a few times and nodded,” Yeah.”

 

Justin taking a few more chugs of his beer and placed it down on the bar top along with her drink and held out his hand for her to take.

 

She took a breath and without much thought placed her hand in his.

 

They made their way through the crowd unable to make it to the middle of the floor; they ended up in a corner of the room where the light barely reached.

 

They began to sway to the music before they even touched; Justin reached around gripping her waist and pulled her to him gently. Instinctively, she wrapped her arms around his neck and gazed up into his eyes. As the minutes passed, the songs were fast and the bass were heavy, you could feel it vibrate in your chest. She soon turned around, with his hands attached to her hips, grinded against his crotch, shaking and popping her hips. If it wasn’t hot already, it was scorching and they had the sweat to prove it. Justin’s white tank was drenched in wet and her hair was plastered to the sides of her face and her back.

 

He groaned at the pressure she placed on his crotch, as much as he tried to stay down. He couldn’t, the constant friction had him solid and he knew she could feel it because it only made her grind harder. She stood up from her bent position as one hand slid around to her exposed stomach and her hand reached up to the back of his neck.

 

Even her sweat was intoxicating, he buried his nose into the crook of her neck fighting the urge to kiss it as they bumped and grinded to the music. She fought the urge to push his hand down lower into the front of her pant. The sexual energy in the room could blow the top off the shack from just them only.

 

 Oh baby, oh baby, oh we both know the truth

If it were the real me and you,

This wouldn't be the right thing to do

Now the room is all hazy, we're too lost in the fumes

I feel like it's just me and you,

 

He hugged her tight against his chest as the next song selection gave them a chance to catch their breath. He pulled her body around, meeting her almond eyes with his hands resting on the small her back, dangerously low.  She looked up at him as the continued to move to the music, she ran her hands up along his sweaty arms and folded them around the back his neck. They couldn't help their eyes off each other, their nose dancing dangerously close to one another. They eyes each other lips carefully. He began to ache inside with a strong urge to kiss her, her lips looked soft, moist and ready. It didn't help that she licked her lips slowly. Her eyes fluttered as he pulled her flushed against his body,

 

"Can I tell you something?" Justin spoke loud enough for her to hear over the music, but quiet enough for their privacy.

 

Melanie looked up into his blues, giving him a sultry look that sent a jolt throughout his body. “What?"

 

"I have to confess something…”

 

She searched his eyes as his hands ran up along the side of her neck and drove into her hair,” You do things to me that I can’t explain. I can’t explain any of this. I’ve never been some drawn to a person that the very thought of them makes my knees weak.”

 

His noses brushed against hers and she watched his lips.

 

“I know.” She replied breathlessly.

 

 They exited the shack quietly together as the walk back down the long dirty road towards the resort in the far distance. They walked quietly side by side closely, Justin glanced over to her meeting her eyes. She didn't smile, but her eyes told a different story in the moonlight sky. They remained completely silent on their mile walk back, but they danced around each other, passing over each other as they walked. Justin reached out to graze his fingers along the exposed skin of her back or stomach. She would brush her arm against his, fiddling at his fingers almost tempted to lock hands with him.

 

As they approached the resort brightly lit grounds, Justin felt a twinge in the bottom of his stomach. He didn't want the night to end, not with her. He slowed his walk still, grabbing hold of her hand as Melanie passed a few inch in front of him. She looked back at him, glancing down at their locked hands.

 

"Wait." He whispered as he looked at the hotel then around frantically before pushing her a few feet back and into a little shaded brush area underneath a large fruit tree.

 

It all happen so fast. The way his fingers dove into her hair as he held her close to him, the way his lips engulfed hers with power, but gentleness. He didn't give her much chance to protest or to even think. She felt his hands all over her and his lips all over skin. It was as if she was floating on air in the moment. He drunk her in and she allowed it there was no way her body wouldn't let it happen. It was as every moment they had to allow this to happen, but didn't was unleashed at that moment. It was such an overwhelming feeling. It was like an built up anxious moment, that finally found relief.

 

 It's too late to run away from it all

It's too late to get away from it all

I'm done with running so I give in to you

 

He was intoxicating.  He threw her head into a cloud and she didn't want to find her way out. Her body fell into a drunken state, her mind was hazy, her eyes were glossed and her body was on fire. He kissed her with all the passion that was inside of him. They breathed heavily as they finally broke long enough to get air. He rested his forehead against her as he ran his fingers through her hair, as she gripped the front of his t-shirt.

 

"Damn." He whispered shakily. He slide his finger down her along her hair and rested his hands down on the small of back as his eyes danced over her face.

 

Melanie knew exactly what he meant by that. It has several meanings. Some very good and some not so good. She knew what they just did take things to uncharted territories, which made whatever was going on dangerous for the both of them. It wasn't something they both would ever be able to forget about.

 

It just got even more complicated.

 

 This moment has caused a reaction

Resulting in our reattachment

 

 

After a few minutes, coming down from all the emotion they walked back towards the house. Justin wrapped her hand around his upper arm as they walked. She rested her head against his shoulder and held onto him as she was still in a daze. He would periodically lean down to bury his nose into the top of her hair and lightly graze his lips against her forehead as he kept an eye out for anyone they may know. Especially Jessica.

 

As they returned inside, they both created some distance between them as they made their way in. The house was dark only the light from the moon and the outdoor lighting illuminated various places in the house. They walked further into the house in the direction of her bedroom.  As they made their way down the darken hallway Justin spun her around against the wall and began his attack on her lips again, but in the gentlest way. She surrenders wrapping her arms around his neck digging her fingers into his hair from the back. He slid his hands underneath the back of her shirt feeling her skin and kissing along her neck and shoulders.

 

She was completely drunk off his touch. She didn't know what it was. Maybe she secretly been yearning for a man's touch. Or it was because the attraction was undeniable and had been built up for so long, that his touch overwhelmed her body.

 

"I--, Melanie." He whispered into her hair against her ear, struggling to find his words. He wanted her so bad that he had an aching in his heart, but in the back of his mind. He knew Jessica was probably waiting for him.

 

Melanie didn't respond her eyes flittered closed as he kissed along her neck and up around here jawline before resting her lips. He pulled back away from her allowing her to make her descend back down the hall. He followed behind her slowly, watching her body as it walked gracefully, her hips swaying from side to side. She pulled her room key from her back pocket as she began to approach her door.

 

She could feel his eyes on her, watching her every movement which sent waves of heat throughout her body. She couldn't help, but breathe heavily and light headed. As she reached the door, she placed one hand out to hold her steady as she felt him hover against her back trailing his fingertips along her sides. She tried to steady her shaking hand enough to enter the key. After a few minutes of noticing she couldn't quite open the door, Justin chuckled clasping onto her hand taking the keys from her finger and slide the key in unlocking it and pushing the door open with his hand while he pushed her in with his body gently. They disappeared inside.

 

The door clicked and a body stepped from behind a hidden corner, trying to register what they just saw.

 

“Oh shit.” They whispered.

 

 

Justin kicked the door closed with his foot, reaching with one hand before him to lock it all the while kissing her. He didn't want to give them time to think. He didn't want to pass this moment over. There was nothing holding him back. They kissed frantically as though this moment was once in a life time, her body was on fire once again. She wasn't going to hold back from him. She refused to think about the consequences of her actions, but to enjoy this very moment.

 

“Wait. Ju-Wait.” She pulled back abruptly.

 

Justin looked at her puzzled and frustrated at the same time. She just grinned touching his lips and then turned around making her way swiftly around the room, closing her windows and pulling shut the curtains and locking her patio door.

 

No interruption. Smart woman.

 

Once finished lighting a few candles along the way, she stood in the middle of the bedroom with her eyes drawing him in. She watched as he walked with a prowl in his step as he pulled off his t-shirt and letting it drop to the ground. He stepped to her the tips of his feet touching hers. They stared into each other’s eyes before he placed a hand on her hip and moved her body backwards.

 

He moved her until the backs of her legs hit the front of the bed and he lifted her up by the back of her thighs and crawled on his knees and laid her down gently in the middle of the bed.

 

 

 

 

 He took his time with her going over every valley and every crease of her body, exploring it as though keeping a map of it permanently engraved into his brain.  Peeling each item of clothing until she laid naked before him, he wanted to know how her body responded to his every move and every touch. He watched her face intensely as he moved in her, fitting him like a glove. She made it hard at times from him not to close his eyes and fall into a trance at how she felt. Her brown legs wrapped around him and she held him close to her. He felt amazing to her, she didn't know if it was from the way he moved his hips, the softness of his lips, or the firmness of his body or it could be the way he took his time and focused on her totally. She couldn't help, but to latch on.

 

Oh baby, oh baby, oh, we both feel the same

I'm not gonna give you my name

And I don't think you want that to change

We're in this together, we don't know who we are

Even if it's moving too fast,

Baby we should take it too far

 

She was in ecstasy and her body didn't deny it as he watched her as she sat on top of him. The candles light flickered against her skin giving her moisten skin a shimmering glow. He gripped onto her cheeks as she moved her hips the only way she could. He felt his eyes roll back a few times as he managed to keep from losing it all in a moment. He sat up quickly and gripped her waist flipping her over onto her back, her hair dangling from the edge the bed.

 

She gazed up into Justin's dark blue eyes for moments, he  moved against her, but it all felt like the world stop turning and he peered deep into her soul. He leaned down pressing his forehead against hers as he muttered something faintly, as she was so lost in his eyes. So lost in the moment. The intense tightening in her lower body, His voice was in the mere distance, her ears began to ring. He moved against her aggressively bringing her back to reality as he spoke against her lips.

 

"Breathe." He whispered against her lips.

 

 She let out a shivering moan and breathe that she didn't realize she was holding and everything else followed.

 

Will you take me to nirvana?

I don't think this will last

But you're here in my arms
Chapter End Notes:
Nirvana- Sam Smith


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story