It’s been five years clean, three years into the beautiful relationship with Raylene and we are doing fantastically with our own studio and clientele. It’s Mother’s Day and I have a special surprise for her, handing it to the now seven year old Caly and Mikah helps me bring in the breakfast we had worked together to make for Ray. I place the tray beside our bed and kiss her forehead. We made pancakes, eggs, toast, sausage and toast while she slept in. We ate ours before serving her, giving her a luxury.

We have moved to Atlanta and of course, nobody knows us around here other than our clients and returning artists with nothing except success coming their way because of the hard work they’ve put into their careers. My uncle funded our studio for three months before we managed to make triple what he’d put in, all his overflow of clients have come to us and they love how we operate. The major clients always return, even more thrilled because we are closely associated with my uncle’s studio and JC Chasez has put our names out as some of the best producers on the east coast and our rapport has skyrocketed. She had quickly picked up all the skills to make her a great producer and mixer. Jive, Arista and Virgin Records have sent us some the biggest and newest names to us and we couldn’t be happier as we do what we love.

“Mmm, morning,” she greets us, smiling.

“Caly, could you give mommy the special present from me?”

The little girl hands her mom the black velvet box and smiles, climbing onto the bed to sit beside her mom. Mikah is now 12 and attending middle school, both girls having unbelievable grades that make us proud. “Open it, mom.”

She opens it and sees the beautiful ring the girls and I had gone to pick out last weekend, keeping that from her. She looks at me and looks ready to cry as she looks at the three mother of pearls , surrounded by four diamonds on a 14 karat gold band. I drop to my knee on the floor beside the bed before she looks up and when her eyes lock onto mine, I smile. “Will you marry me, Raylene Kratos?”

She tears up and nods her head. “Yes, James Bass, I will.” I stand up and embrace her warmly, the kids cheering happily.


Completed
Kaotyk is the author of 47 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story