Author's Chapter Notes:
"Welcome to Bluestone University."

Once inside the university, everything was huge and shiny, the floors were made entirely of marble, the walls were made of brick and stone, there were large mahogany tables and students waiting in line.

 

“Need some help?” A blonde haired middle aged woman wearing a black blouse and a dark navy blue dress skirt accompanied by thin framed glasses that she was also wearing on her eyes. A bun was tied neatly on her head.

 

“Yes I came here for the open house, you see I received this letter in the mail and I-

 

The woman snatched the letter from Serenity’s hand and read it over; she looked at her then to Chris and her again.

 

After the woman read the letter her face brightened, “Oh yes Serenity, we’ve been expecting you, you don’t have to wait on this line, these are for the students who haven’t received the letters, come, follow me.”

 

The woman handed the letter back to her, but Chris spoke up and said:

 

“Excuse me miss, you haven’t told us your name.”

 

The woman turned around and gave him a look, but said to him, “my apologies, my name is Mrs. Stone, I’ll be your tour guide for today, and who are you?”

 

“I’m Chris, just Chris.”

 

Mrs. Stone told Serenity, “I see you brought a mortal friend to the university.”

 

“Yes, that’s not a problem is it?” Serenity told her.

 

Mrs. Stone stayed quiet for a moment but then said to her, “No, no problem at all.” She turned around and continued giving the tour.

 

Serenity wanted to say something else to her but Chris shook his head and told her no.

 

“This university was founded in the year 1687, it is one of the oldest universities in this realm, it can hold over two thousand students, every section is divided, this hall here is the Flying Broom room, its where students can learn how to fly properly on a broom and how they can keep their balance.”

 

“Don’t you already know how to do that?” Chris whispered in Serenity’s ear.

 

“Shh, yeah I do.”

 

“This room here is the Cauldron and Spells room, its where witches and warlocks learn how to do powerful spells beyond the extremes, even if they already know how to do their own spells already.” Mrs. Stone continued.

 

Chris took a look in the room, he saw the students, they each had their own cauldron on the desk, billows of colorful smoke were seeping out of it, it looked really neat, but Chris saw something odd in the students, they looked a bit too determined, they didn’t look like they were having fun, none of them were smiling.

 

Chris looked away from the room and continued on with the tour, this time he spoke up and said,

 

“What happened to the owner of this place?”

 

Mrs. Stone stopped abruptly in her tracks and turned around, “What do you mean?”

 

Chris had a knack for finding information, he couldn’t keep anything for too long, and he was on a roll, or so he thought.

 

“Well you see Mrs. Stone, rumor has been going around saying the owner that used to own this university before just disappeared one day, poof, into thin air, a while back, and so they hired all these new people and the university hasn’t been the same since.” Chris rambled.

 

Serenity had to look away because she couldn’t hold her own laughter.

 

Mrs. Stone looked at Chris, “I have no idea what you are talking about, that is just what it is, a rumor.” She gave Chris an icy stare, which made him feel uneasy.

 

“Oh look at the time, the tour is over, so Serenity are you interested in joining us for the Fall?” Mrs. Stone quickly changed the subject, not looking at Chris.

 

“Uh, I’ll think about it.” Serenity said, forcing a smile to her, she can sense that Chris was meaning to tell her something.

 

“Because you know, its full-tuition and everything, you will learn so much, so much.” Mrs. Stone said.

 

Now it was Serenity feeling uneasy, something about this university wasn’t right.

 

“I would let you know okay?” Serenity added, backing away from her and Chris right there next to her.

 

Serenity didn’t have a moment to lose; she grabbed Chris by the arm and zapped herself away, the blue sparks swirling around them and they both disappeared, leaving Mrs. Stone with a blank and confused expression on her face.

 

Serenity didn’t let go of Chris’s arm until they both reappeared in a park a few miles away from the university.

 

“Sorry I had to grab you like that, she was really creeping me out.” Serenity told him.

 

“Oh its okay, something is up with her, I just know it.”

 

“You got that right; did you see the way she reacted when I asked about the disappearance of the owner?”

 

“Yeah! She went all weird on us, something is going on in that university and we are gonna find out, you in?”

 

“I’m in.”

Chapter End Notes:

The prestigious university has a dirty little secret..

Read/review please.. :) Thanks.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: chris college