Author's Chapter Notes:
"Your magic or your friend's life."

Bright sunlight peered into Serenity’s bedroom window, blinking rapidly, Serenity woke up early and looked at the alarm clock on her night table, it was about a quarter to nine. She couldn’t wait to go to Chris’s house and tell him what she found on the computer about Bluestone University. According to the website, a rare bluestone was reported missing in the Gem hall, it was told that the bluestone went missing during the owner of the university went missing, and then that was when the weird things started happening. If somebody has the bluestone, it was also told that whoever held that stone, was capable of taking any magic power and would be ruler of the whole realm.

 

Serenity wondered to herself, if Mrs. Stone was behind all of this, her dad Bob, didn’t remember a Mrs. Stone when he attended there. So his idea was that he was gonna go with her and Katalina, Tabatha would stay behind, so nothing won’t be suspicious, but she would be observing them through the witches’ glass, if anything went wrong, she would appear there.

 

She zapped in a few comfortable outfits, a t-shirt and some jeans, headed downstairs to the kitchen to grab a bagel and some orange juice.

 

“I’m on my way out, heading over to Chris’s house.” She called to her parents who were in the kitchen.

 

“You’re not going to The Realm now are you?” Tabatha told her.

 

“No, not now, I’m gonna ask him what we found out last night, then we would all go together.”

 

Serenity headed to the back of the house, it was much safer in the back of the house to zap herself instead of the front of the house.

 

When she appeared on the back of Chris’s house, she made her way to the front, and noticed the garage door was slightly open, she made her way inside and saw Chris’s car parked, but stopped when she noticed the black dust near Chris’s car on his driver side. Her breath caught in her throat when she felt the black dust in her hand, she knew immediately what it was, it was the black dust from the black shadow, something terrible must’ve happened to him. Trying not to panic, she took in a few deep breaths and tried to remain calm.

 

She didn’t want to zap herself back home; she needed to get to The Realm as soon as possible, if anything she was gonna let her parents and Tabatha know through the witches glass. She took her witches’ glass out and spoke to Tabatha.

 

“What’s wrong? Is everything alright?”

 

“Chris has been kidnapped by the Black Shadow!” She blurted out.

 

Tabatha’s eyes went wide, “The Black Shadow?”

 

“Yeah, I noticed the black dust near his car, I think something terrible has happened to him, the shield on him wore off, I feel so helpless, I was supposed to be there to protect him!” She cried.

 

“Serenity honey, don’t be so hard on yourself, just go, and we would be there momentarily okay? Try not to panic.” Tabatha assured her.

 

Serenity nodded, trying to hold back a few tears, she turned the witches’ glass off and placed it her pocket, and she let out a sigh and zapped herself to The Realm.

 

 

When she appeared at The Realm, all she could do was run, she ran all the way to the university, she didn’t care who was in her way, she was blindsided by everything, she literally almost broke the gate from the university from the anger she was feeling. She stormed inside the university; all was quiet, a little bit too quiet.

 

“Mrs. Stone?!” Serenity called out.

 

Again nothing.

 

Blue fireballs appeared on her hands, in which only happened when she was angry, “Mrs. Stone, I know you are in here, where is he?! I swear I would destroy this university with my bare hands if you don’t show-she stopped when she heard something above her.

 

She looked up and saw Mrs. Stone levitating in front of her, gasping when she saw she was wearing a large blue stone on her neck, it was glowing.

 

“Serenity, I’m glad you could make it.” She said sarcastically.

 

“Where is he?”

 

“Who? You’re little friend, who knew almost everything? Oh you would see him soon.”

 

“You better have not hurt him or I would-

 

“Or you would what? See this stone? Everytime you use your magical powers, it would come directly to the stone, that is why half of the students look like robots, all of their magic is in here, in this stone.”

 

“But you weren’t supposed to have that!” Serenity blurted out.

 

“Well, its mine now! That owner, what was his name? Mr. Stone I believe it was? You see? I came from the dark side of The Realm because of what you have done to my granddaughter Jezebel-

 

“But that was a long time ago! Chris had nothing to do with this!”

 

“Shut it, when I found out that a magical stone was being held at the very university, I just had to have it, so I looked up the university and found the actual caretakers of this university, cloned myself as the wife, which was Mrs. Stone, and made Mr. Stone disappear, apparently they are locked up in my secret lair, along with your little Chris friend.”  Mrs. Stone let out a creepy laugh out loud.

 

“What, so if you have the stone you are the ruler of everything?” Serenity muttered.

 

“You got that right!”

 

And at that moment, the floor opened up beneath Mrs. Stone, cages sprang up, Serenity took a step back on whom she saw, there was Chris, Mr. Stone and the real Mrs. Stone. Apparently, the real Mrs. Stone was much older, with a lighter shade of hair, and Mr. Stone looked very fragile. She took a look Chris, he was sickly pale and was tied on the cage, he looked like he got into a fight and by the way he looked, Serenity thought that he was gonna collapse any minute.

 

Chris glanced at Serenity, a far-away look in his eyes, not a good sign.

 

“Chris” She whispered.

 

“It was so fun tossing him around with my magic, look at him, he’s gonna give up any second.” Mrs. Stone looked at him proudly, a devious smile on her face.

 

Serenity had the sudden urge to blast Mrs. Stone into bits, but she couldn’t, if she used her magic powers it would eventually go to the bluestone, and not aimed at her.

 

“What’s the matter Serenity? You have no choice, you can’t defeat me, admit it you lost.”

 

“I haven’t lost yet.”

 

“Oh but you did lose, you wanna know why? Because even if you used your magic powers on me, I won’t get harmed, but…I could let him go, in fact, I can let everyone go, if you give me something in return.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“If you give up your magic, then I’ll let him go, along with the others, but you would have to remain here with me and be my slave.”

 

Serenity took a step back away from her.

 

“You have got to be kidding me.”

 

“Oh I am not kidding.”

 

“Give up my magic. Forever?”

 

“That’s right, forever, you would be a helpless mortal.”

 

Serenity looked at Chris, his eyes wide with fright like some sort of strength went in him when he heard what was going on, he was muffling something but Serenity couldn’t make out the words.

 

“But without my magic, I am-nothing.” Serenity murmured sadly.

 

“That’s right, you would be nothing, so what’s it gonna be? You’re friend’s life or your magic?” Because if you keep your magic I can easily blast him right now, but if you give me your magic, I would let him go.”

 

Serenity had tears streaming down her face, her hands were shaking, and the blue fireballs in her hand were slowly disappearing, she took a look at them and a look at Chris.

 

No more magic?” She whispered softly.

 

“No more magic.” Mrs. Stone repeated coldly.

 

Serenity let out a sigh and said, “You win Mrs. Stone, you can have my magic.”

 

“Excellent.”

 

Chris looked at Serenity, he was kicking the cage trying to break it open, but it was protected by magic as well.

 

“I can’t believe you would give up all of your precious magic to a mere mortal friend.” Mrs. Stone told her, showing the stone proudly on her chest.

 

Serenity lifted a shaky pointer finger and Mrs. Stone prepared herself to have all of the power in the entire realm.

 

Blue sparks left Serenity’s finger, it kept going and going, and swirling and it entered the stone that Mrs. Stone was wearing, after what seemed like a long time, Serenity felt her magic disappearing in her body, she was beginning to feel weak and helpless, and she felt her knees gave out. Chris couldn’t hold it any longer; he couldn’t believe that she was giving up something that was part of her, to rescue him.

Chapter End Notes:

Oh no! She gave up her magic!

Read/review please whenever you get the chance..thanks!

P.S I'm almost done with this story.. :D



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: chris college