Author's Chapter Notes:
"I don't need to go back, I don't need to go back at all..."

Chris watched in horror of what just had occurred in front of him, he needed to do something but what? His hands were magically tied behind his back, and his mouth was covered with tape; he felt so weak and helpless. He took a look at Serenity, who was kneeling down and looking at the floor, the rosy cheeks that she once had were gone, she was pale and didn’t look like herself.

 

“Are you gonna let him go?” Chris heard Serenity say to Mrs. Stone.

 

“Not quite.” Mrs. Stone replied bitterly.

 

“But you said you would!” Serenity protested as she managed to get up on her feet.

 

Mrs. Stone just laughed, “I lied.”

 

Chris was in shock at what he had just heard, and the look on Serenity’s face was unimaginable, and at that moment Mrs. Stone was about to use all of the magic that was given to her and was about to aim it Serenity. Chris kept kicking the cage, trying to break it open or at least knock it over, he used all of his strength he didn’t care if his foot was getting hurt, the cage managed to topple and fall down to the ground. Mrs. Stone turned around confused and saw that the cage was on the ground, just in time to avoid the magic that was about to hit Serenity.

 

Mrs. Stone frowned and saw Chris on the floor, the cage was open and he was crawling trying to get himself up.

 

“I should’ve gotten rid of you a long time ago.” Mrs. Stone told him coldly, she lifted both hands in the air and was about to hit Chris with her magic, a bright orange color lighted up in her hands.

 

Just then a noise was heard from above, four people were flying above Mrs. Stone.

 

Serenity looked up to see who it was, to her surprise it was her parents, Tabatha and Merlin.

 

“Merlin?” Serenity said.

 

He was floating above her, her mom and Tabatha were on brooms, while her dad was sitting behind her mom.

 

Mrs. Stone was confused so she started aiming crazy, Merlin moved swiftly around her avoiding every magic power she was aiming, a wizard was somewhat different than a witch, he was carrying a few potions in his hand and on the other a book, bluish purple sparks were making him fly across the room.

 

Merlin muttered a few spells and the stone that was Mrs. Stone neck easily lifted, and it grew hot, it was burning on her neck.

 

“How is this possible?!” She shrieked, trying to keep the stone cool, but not even her magic was working.

 

“What’s the matter Mrs. Stone? I thought you were the all-powerful witch throughout the entire realm?”

 

Mrs. Stone started panicking, the stone was yanked away from her neck and into the hands of Merlin, the stone instantly turned cool when he grabbed it.

 

“That’s mine!” Mrs. Stone shouted.

 

“It was yours, not anymore, you are forever banished from this side of the realm, you will be stripped from your powers and would continue to live on the other side of the realm.” Merlin explained.

 

“You can’t do that.”

 

“Oh yes I can, and I will, but I need Katalina, Bob and Tabatha for their assistance.” Merlin motioned them to come down.

 

They all said a few spells to Mrs. Stone, during this process, Serenity took this advantage to try to rescue Chris, Mr. Stone and the real Mrs. Stone from their cages, but when she got to Chris, he was still lying down on the floor, he looked so weak, his eyes were closed, and it looked like he was unconscious.

 

Serenity could hear the cries of anguish from the background indicating that Mrs. Stone was gone, was gone for good.

 

The stone that was in Merlin’s hand instantly starting glowing and started giving the magic that was from it to its rightful owner, Serenity wasn’t aware of the magic, it didn’t reach her yet.

 

“Chris, wake up, come on!” She gently shook him, her eyes started watering.

 

She took the tape that covered his mouth and pulled it off slowly, and she also started to untie his wrists, they were red from the amount of struggling he was doing.

 

Serenity was crying now, and didn’t hear the voices behind her calling her name.

 

It was her parents, Tabatha and Merlin, both with concerned looks on their faces.

 

“He’s not waking up.” Serenity sobbed, he saved me, I –I have to save him.”

 

“Here, take your magic, and place it on his chest.” Merlin told her softly.

 

The magic quickly left the stone that was in Merlin’s hand and entered Serenity, it felt good to have her magic back, but she needed to save Chris, she needed him to be alive, he was her best friend, and he saved her from Mrs. Stone, and it was her job to save him back, or else, she would feel guilty for the rest of her life.

 

The bluish glow on her hands quickly appeared on her hands, she lifted her hands on Chris’s chest.

 

“Please Chris; don’t leave me now, please.” She silently whispered, tears streaming down her rosy cheeks.

 

To her surprise, she saw a slight movement, a twitch on his foot, then the flutter of his eyes, she kept her hands on his chest, the bluish glow instantly turning brighter, then Chris uttered a low groan, then he slowly opened his eyes.

 

Serenity instantly stopped the bluish glow and was relieved to see Chris wake up.

 

“Chris.” She whispered.

 

“Ow! my head.” Chris winced, he saw the look on her face, he could see a few tears on her cheek.

 

Chris wiped the tear off her face.

 

“You’re alive.” Serenity told him.

 

“You saved my life Seri.” His voice was low and tired.

 

“And you saved mines, thank you.” Serenity replied, trying to get her composure, she really thought that she was gonna lose him, she didn’t what she would’ve done.

 

“Thank you.” Chris winked. He managed to sit up and took a look at his surroundings, but continued speaking, “Thank you guys, thank you Merlin, Katalina Bob, you guys are awesome, I just-that was great.”

 

“We saw everything through the witches’ glass, you were very brave that you gave up your magic to save him.” Tabatha told her.

 

“I felt very insecure when it was gone, but you are more important than my magic.” Serenity told Chris.

 

“I’m very proud of you Seri, I saw how you gave up your magic for me, something so special to you, for me.”

 

Now it was Chris’s turn to cry, he pulled her into a tight hug.

 

“You will always be my best friend Chris, no matter what happens between us.” Serenity added.

 

“Same.”

 

After a while, everything went back to its original splendor at the university, the students didn’t act like robots, and Mr. Stone and the real Mrs. Stone were glad that the bluestone was kept hidden in the Gem hall, Merlin put a spell on it so nobody won’t be able to steal it.

 

Mrs. Stone real name was Emerald Stone, “I just can’t believe that witch impersonated me, why the very nerve of that woman, she was way too ugly.” She joked.

 

“Thank you oh so much for everything, you have no idea how much this means to us.” Mr. Stone told them.

 

“After all of you been through, you are not thinking of enrolling yourself here are you Serenity?” Tabatha wondered.

 

Serenity thought about it, “I really need to take a break from all this right now, you know, go out have ice cream, go eat pizza, and have ice cream with my best friend, and I would only use magic when need be.”

 

“Sounds like a good idea.” Emerald said.

 

“You don’t need to be taught nothing else Serenity, you have already learned everything there is to know, you are much more than just a young woman who has magic powers, you are a kind and giving person, you can give up something so valuable in order to rescue someone you care about, and that takes courage, we are all so very proud of you.” Mr. Stone explained.

 

He then pulled her into a hug.

 

“Thank you Mr. Stone.” She whispered.

 

He then let her go, and he waved goodbye to everyone there.

 

“Keep in touch okay?” Emerald told them as they were about to leave.

 

“You can count on it.” Serenity was on her broom with Chris sitting behind, the portal opened in front of her.

 

And just like that, Katalina, Bob, Tabatha, Merlin, Serenity and Chris left The Realm, and Serenity wondered to herself if she needed to come back, after all, it was her roots, so she would be back, someday, she would always come back, but not today, not tomorrow, who knows? She just wanted to have a normal life with Chris, she didn’t need to do all of this magic powers stuff, she just wanted to be with him, and hang out, the mall, the park, talk about things, why? Because she cared for him, she cared for him a whole lot, and she knew that deep down, he cared for her, and that it was best friends do, they stick together, no matter what happened between them.

 

“I love you.” Chris told her, while flying through the portal.

 

Serenity smiled to herself and said to him, “I love you too.”

 

They both looked back at the view behind them, they can clearly see The Realm, and the university, and everything else, she looked in front of her again and said to herself.

 

“I don’t need to go back at all, I have everything right here in front of me.” And with that, the portal of The Realm slowly closed and disappeared from sight.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

FINISHED! :D

I hope you guys have enjoyed this story, just as much as I have enjoyed writing it, was trying to figure out how to end it, but I think I did I pretty good job, now you guys read and review whenever you can, thank you! :)


Completed
theusagirl is the author of 26 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: chris college