Story Notes:
Josthin story! This is purely fiction and something that came up in my head. 
Author's Chapter Notes:
Was bored so I'm posting another story. 

"And we are back in hell," Justin mumbled getting off the plane. 
"Now all we need is coconut drinks with the little umbrellas." Someone said behind him. 
"But then we wouldn't be in hell," Justin countered fixing his gear.
"No, but it would make hell a better of a place."
"Christopher, you know as well as I do that nothing can make this place better."
"Maybe some buckets and shovels. Then we can play with all the sand," Chris said trying to lighten the situation.
"The sandbox sure does have lots of sand."
"Too bad there's no water and hot babes in barely there swimsuits." 
"That's all for you dude."
"Ok we can add some dudes in speedos." 
"Mmm...that's more like it," Justin said in appreciation.
"Maybe you'll find a nice dude here. There are plenty of fish in the sand. Not enough babes though."
"Not enough dudes that appreciate other dudes, man. We all know this."
Justin buckled one more strap as Chris did. He looked at the rest of their team. They were all ready. Walking to the Humvee, they all got on and made the long trek out further in the desert. 

"Hey Doc we got another with heat stroke." A medic called helping a marine to a bed. 
"Alright, I'll be right there. Get him set up with an IV."
Jc finished with the marine he was stitching up, then sent him on his way. 
If there was one thing he had learned over his last ten years being a surgeon out here was that these men were anxious to get back out there. None of them liked coming to the aid station. 
"You are all set," he said taking his gloves off. 
"Thanks Doc." The marine said jumping down.
"Stay away from those falling beams."
The marine laughed. "I'll try Doc." 
Jc smiled and pushed him out of the tent. Then headed towards the marine that had been brought in. 

"There's a Battalion Aid Station out here now," Chad said sitting on the bunk across from Justin. 
"About damn time," Justin said unpacking his pack. 
"Oh there ya go, J. Maybe you can get a hot new doc to look at you," Chris grinned. 
"Is your whole new mission in life to get me a man?"
"No. Only to get you laid."
Justin shook his head and Chad laughed. 
"It's glad to have you two back here. I'll let you guys unpack. See you in a bit," Chad said clapping them on their backs. 
Unpacking their packs Justin and Chris grabbed their guns and went out for a meeting with the rest of the team. They went over what they would be doing for the next few months. 
Since the over-throw of Saddam Hussein, for the next few months their new mission was to assist the Iraqi Army in ridding the area of its Al Queda terrorists and building trust and respect between the collation forces and the local people. It was going to be a challenge and Justin and Chris looked at each other, knowing too many of their guys and themselves included could either die or seriously get hurt.
They were apart of the special forces. Justin, was the Gunnery Sergeant and Operations Chief of the team and Chris was their Staff Sergeant and Element leader. They had their jobs and focused diligently on their mission at hand. 

Justin spotted the Battalion Aid Station. It made him shake his head. The tent was nothing. How doctors and nurses took care of the wounded he would never understand. They had a hard job. 
"Lets go check it out," Chris said motioned. 
"Alright." 
Walking over to the tent they entered. 
"You two alright?" Jc asked when that came in. 
"Yea Doc just making sure everything is good here," Chris said smiling at him. 
"All good," Jc said returning the smiling. 
Justin looked around and noticed the tent was pretty full. Not only with marines but locals. 
"You are busy," he said continuing to look around. 
"Yes, there was an IED explosion yesterday." 
Justin's gazed quickly went to the Doctors. Jc blinked and looked into Justin's blues. Justin was taken back by the silver blues that were looking at him. Wow! His heart skipped a beat. 
"You must be the new Gunnery. I'm Lieutenant Doctor Chasez," he said extending his hand to Justin.
He accepted his hand and felt a rush of excitement. "I'm Lieutenant Timberlake, the new Gunnery," he said with a smile. 
"Nice to meet you."
"Staff Sergeant Kirkpatrick," Chris introduced himself shaking his hand.  
"How have things been around here?" Justin asked.
Jc sighed and shook his head. "Not good. There's been multiple IEDs everyday. I hope your team can make a difference. I'm starting to run out of supplies."
"Are they suppose to bring more soon?" Chris asked.
"Hopefully in the next two days. But you know how things work," he said with a small smile.
"We'll make sure of it Lieutenant." Justin said.
"Need some water?" Jc asked motioning them to follow.
"Sure, we'll take some," Chris said said following. 
After getting a drink and talking a little more Chris and Justin made their way out. Jc walked them out of the tent. He stood there looking around. 
"Be safe," he said watching them start to walk away. 
Justin took one last look at Jc. He blushed when he was caught by Jc's blues. But Jc smiled and headed back into the tent. 
"You have the hots for him."
"I do not," Justin shot at Chris. 
"I saw the way you looked at him. It was the same look you gave the guy in the club before we left."
"You, Kirkpatrick are full of it." 
"Oh one of us will be full of something by the end of this tour."
"You're a sick pervert," Justin said pushing him. 
"Just looking out for you man." 
"You're suppose to be watching out for my back, not my ass." 
"Yea, but when the ass is happy, the man is happy."
"Dear god," Justin groaned shaking his head.
Chris just grinned. They headed back to base camp to relocate and meet with the rest of the team. 

As weeks went on things weren't getting easier for either of the teams. Many times, Justin would end up bringing one of his men to the aid station. And every time he saw Jc, something inside of him got excited. Jc would always show his beautiful smile and his heart would go into double time. 
One night him and Chris were doing their rounds around the aid station. Chris noticed Jc sitting outside the tent holding his head. 
"Hey," he said nudging Justin. 
"I should make sure he's alright." 
"You should" Chris said smiling. "Ask him if he needs an ass."
"Chris shut up," Justin spat, but smiling. 
Justin made his way over to the Doctor. "Lieutenant, you ok?" 
Jc looked up and blinked a few times. When he realized it was Justin he smiled big. Sensing it was ok, Justin sat down next to him. 
"Ever think you've had enough?" Jc asked. 
"Yes and no. You?"
"Yes, but then the wounded comes in and my mind set changes." 
Justin nodded his head.
"Some times I just wish there was somewhere to breath. You know, that pure nature, just after it rained air." 
A smile crept to Justin lips. "Yea, I wish that too." 
Jc rubbed his face again. "Do you mind sitting here for a minute with me? I just need a minute." He laid his head on Justin's shoulder and closed his eyes. He was so tired. 
Justin swore in his mind as his heart raced up in his throat. He could deny to Chris all he wanted that he didn't have feelings for this man, but he couldn't deny it to himself. Then a realization hit him.
"Hey, Lieutenant?"
"Yes?"
Justin chuckled. "Mind if I ask what your first name is?"
Jc laughed a little, realizing the same thing Justin had. They didn't even know each others first names.
"It's Josh. But most everyone calls me Jc."
"I like Josh. Why Jc?"
"My initials. As a kid I was in something that there was another Josh and everyone kept getting us confused, so mine just got shortened. It stuck."
"What do you prefer?"
"Either one is fine. I get called both. Mainly Jc around here though. Family mostly calls me Josh."
Justin nodded in understanding. He liked having him rest on his shoulder. 
"Mind if I ask your name?" Jc said smiling.
"Justin."
"Justin," Jc whispered, like he was trying it on for size. "You look like a Justin."
"I hope so since I'm pretty stuck with it," he said with a laugh.
Justin caught Chris's stare from across the road and he ignored it. The look was telling him Chris knew he had been right all along. He felt a small poof of air on his neck singling the older man had fallen asleep. Justin sat still, watching the horizon and keeping a watchful eye. Few short minutes later, Jc jerked awake and sat up straight up. 
"I'm sorry."
"It's alright, I don't mind. You should go in and lay down." 
Jc looked at his watch. "I can't. I need to check on my patients. You probably need to get back on your post."
"Yes I should." 
Jc stood up and stretched. "Thank you for the shoulder."
"Not a problem," Justin said standing up. 
"Stay safe," Jc called before walking back in the tent. 
"Always try. You too."
Justin walked back over to where Chris was standing.
"Well hello there Gunnery Sergeant Timberlake," Chris greeted him with a big smile. 
"Oh fuck off Staff Sergeant Kirkpatrick," he replied mockingly. 
Chris snickered. They started walking, continuing the rounds as the day sky turned into the night sky.
"So, what's did you talk about? How fine his ass is and how much you want to stick your...Ouch!" 
Justin punched him in the arm, using all of his force and sending Chris almost all the way over. 
"What was that for?" He exclaimed. 
"You're lucky I used my fist instead of my gun."
"Aww, I'm just picking on you. I do it out of love."
"Yea sure."
"So you think there's something there?"
"Chris we just met."
"A few weeks ago," Chris stated. 
"I just learned his first name." 
"Oh it's started," Chris said giggling. 
"I'm going to kill you."
"No you won't you fucking love me man and if I were gay we would be fucking like jack rabbits." 
Justin only shook his head and continued walking. They finished their rounds and made it back to base camp. 
Their day was done. They would have a few hours to sleep, so they took advantage of every minute they could. Justin laid in his bunk and thought about Jc. He smiled at the how the night had gone. It had been completely innocent, but very comfortable. 
The next few nights were the same. Jc would be sitting outside the tent and Justin would sit by him. Sometimes they would talk some times he was a shoulder. Every night they started learning more about each other. And both men looked forward to nights so they could have this time together. 

Chapter End Notes:
Let me know if you like it and I will keep posting. Thanks for reading. :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: alternateuniverse