Author's Chapter Notes:
The end is finally here! Thank you for being patient. Decided to make it a Christmas ending. Hope you like it.!
"Gunnery, get out of here. It's Christmas," Drake said crossing his arms across his chest and leaning against the doorframe. 
"I'm going, I'm going," Justin said laughing trying to finish up the gun he was working on. "Just need to finish up."
"You should be heading home to that boyfriend of yours. How's he doing?"
"Better."
"You having a big Christmas planned with family?"
"No, it's just the two of us tonight. We will see family in the next couple of days."
"That's good."
"It's our first Christmas together. I wanted it to be special."
"Well then get out of here," he said pushing the younger man out of the chair. "Your man shouldn't be alone anyway."
"He's not alone, Chris is with him."
"Would you just go be with him, already."
"I'm going," Justin said laughing. He really couldn't wait to get home to his boyfriend. "Merry Christmas Sir."
"Merry Christmas Gunnery," Drake said smiling. 
Walking out of the building he started for home. He couldn't help but reflect on the past couple of months. 
Jc had come a long ways since coming home from the sandbox. Justin couldn't be more proud of him. For weeks after he came back, nightmares haunted him in his sleep. But the last month, Jc slept hard each night with nothing bothering him. It had taken a lot of self help to get him there but he was strong and happy again.
Jc also had started working at the base hospital. Keeping busy had been good for him. He loved his job, and loved coming home to his boyfriend even more. 
Justin smiled as he walked to his jeep and got in, leaving to go home. 
Stopping by the store he bought everything that was on his list for Christmas dinner. It took him awhile but he finally finished his list. 

"Hey you two come help me," Justin called walking into the house. 
Chris walked in from the kitchen. "Look who's home early."
"I was kicked out of work. Then I went to the grocery store. Where's my boyfriend?"
"Sleeping."
"He ok?" Justin asked immediately concerned. 
"He's fine Justin, relax. We kickboxed today. He kicked my ass."
Justin snickered. "Well good, I'm glad."
Chris shot him a look. "I'll take you next. You're out of shape."
"Is that a challenge?"
"Damn right it is," Chris said grabbing a few bags of groceries to bring inside. 
"I'll take you any time," he said smiling. 
"I'm sure you would." 
They headed back out to grab another couple of bags. Chris noticed right away his friend was limping. He took the bags his friend was carry. 
"Your leg bothering you Jus?"
"Just the normal shit, you know walking through the grocery store irradiates it."
"Take it easy for the rest of the day."
"Don't go playing mother hen on me Kirkpatrick."
"No I don't need to do that your man who's sleeping in that bedroom does  that enough," he said laughing. "He still make you use your wheelchair when you're home?"
"No not all the time," Justin said looking away. 
"I'm taking that as a yes." 
"Shut up." 
"I don't know who worries more, you or Doctor Chasez."
"I think I worry more. All I have is my leg. That handsome man deals with a lot more." 
"He's gotten a lot better," Chris noticed. 
"A lot better. That makes me happy."
"And he will keep getting better."
Justin nodded his head and smiled at that as Chris gave him an affectionate slap on his back. "Are you off for the rest of the week?"
"Yep. You heading to Pennsylvania?"
"Yes tomorrow."
"Are you taking Karly?"
"Yes," Chris said as his cheeks darkened. 
Justin snickered. "They are going to love her."
"I hope so. I'm super nervous about it."
"Karly is the sweetest woman I know. And the funniest. She's someone anyone can talk to. Don't sweat it man, she's going to fit in great with your family."
Chris had started dating Karly two months ago and it had quickly grown serious. Chris was head over heels for her and Justin loved that he could finally see his best friend so happy. When he really thought about his life and his friends and families life right now, he was blessed. They were all blessed. 
Once they got all the groceries inside Justin got to work. Chris left to go home a little while later. 

"You're home early."
Turning around he laughed at his boyfriend. His eyes were still filled with sleep, his hair was all messed up. 
"Hey did you have a good nap?"
"Chris wore me out," he said rubbing his eyes. "Did they let you come home early?"
"Yea then I went grocery shopping."
Jc let the smell of the food cooking hit his nose and he sighed with a smile on his face. "It smells amazing in here."
Justin grinned and put his hot mat on the counter and turned around. He walked up to his boyfriend and placed his hands on his waist, leaning in closely and softly kissing his lips. "Hi," Justin mumbled against him. 
Jc smiled against his lips. "Hi baby."
"Did you have a good day?"
"It just got a lot better. I'm so glad you're home."
"I'm glad to be home. I heard you kicked Chris's ass?"
Jc grinned and put his hands around his boyfriends waist pulling him into a hug. 
Justin thought he would hear about kickboxing, but his boyfriend went serious. 
"I had a bad dream. Was back in the sandbox." 
His head pulled back in surprise. "You did? It's been a while since you've had one."
"It wasn't a very long dream, but I was still there."
Justin ran his hand down his boyfriends cheek. "I'm sorry baby."
"You aren't leaving, right?"
"No baby it's Christmas, remember?"
Jc nodded his head slightly and kissed Justin again. Justin could tell he was still far away so decided he needed to change the subject. 
"Help me."
"Ok." 
He gave him a couple of potatoes and a peeler. It did the trick and got Jc's mind off of his dream. He worked side by side with Justin and finished their meal. Grabbing the bottle opener he opened the bottle of wine. 
"Go get cleaned up," he said kissing Jc's cheek. 
"Ok." 
Going into the bedroom Jc changed into his dress pants and a button down shirt. Justin soon joined him changing out of his uniform. 
Going to the table Justin lit the candle in the middle and then looked up to see Jc walking in, looking more handsome than he had ever seen him.
Justin quickly went to him and hugged him tightly. When he pulled back just slightly, their lips met tenderly. Neither of them moved from each other. Everything about being in each others arms felt right. It felt like home. 
"Merry Christmas Josh."
"Merry Christmas Justin."
"You know, when I think of the sandbox now, I can only smile. Do you know why?" 
"Why?"
His smile was soft, his eyes locked on Jc's light blue eyes. "Because I met you. Because now, you're in my life. You are my life, baby. The most special thing in my life and I never want to be without you."
Jc's eyes teared up at that. "I never thought of it like that before. That place holds a lot of bad memories for me. But you are the one and only thing I cherish from then."
"Forever and always Josh. Promise me."
"Forever and always, Jus. That's an easy promise."
They wrapped their arms tightly around each other and just held on. Faces buried in each other's necks, their hearts beating fast and happy as the glow of the candle surrounded them on the first Christmas for them.
After everything they had been through together and apart in the Sandbox, it was the one thing that they would always look back on with a smile now because it brought them love. 

The end


Chapter End Notes:
Merry Christmas!

Completed
daysgoby is the author of 16 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: alternateuniverse