Author's Chapter Notes:
I just would like to say that this is all pure fiction. Its all just from my head. Thanks for reading and keeping up with the story.
"Fuck!" Justin cried jumping out of his bunk.
He quickly put his boots and gear on as Chris did the same. They ran out of the bunker and out of the base. The fire lit up the sky. Justin was frozen in place. Chris saw Devon pulling out two guys. More guys were running out of the base to help. 
"Josh," Justin breathed. 
Chris looked at him then back to the fire. "I don't see him." 
Justin took off running into the burning tent. 
"Justin wait!" Chris called, but he was already out of sight. 
The closer Justin got to the tent, the more he yelled for Jc. 
"He's still in there," Devon said bringing out another patient. 
Justin sprinted faster. But suddenly before he could reach the opening, the back of the tent exploded. 
"Josh!" He exclaimed running in. 
He barely missed the marine on the ground. Quickly Justin picked him up and carried him out of the tent. Then went running back in. His lungs filled with smoke and he coughed heavily. His eyes burned, making it hard to see. 
"Josh, baby answer me." 
He heard coughing towards the back. So he slowly made his way. 
"Josh please."
"Over here Jus..."
"Shit baby." 
He spotted Jc in the corner with one of the support beams on his legs. 
"You have to get out of here Justin. The small gas tanks are going to go off soon."
"I am not leaving without you." 
"Justin."
"Help me lift this," he said ignoring Jc's pleas. 
Justin put all his strength into getting the beam off his leg. As soon as it was off enough, Jc got from under it. Justin pulled him to his feet and ignoring the pain, Jc ran out of the tent with Justin. 
They weren't out long when the tent went up into more flames. Seconds after that the small gas tanks went off, exploding the rest of the tent and making it fall to the ground in flames. Jc coughed next to Justin. His leg throbbed and he laid down trying desperately to calm his breathing. Devon was next to him in minutes. 
"Jc, Jc look at me," he said shinning his flashlight into eyes. 
"What's wrong?" Justin said panicked. 
"Nothing I'm fine," Jc coughed. 
"Your leg is bleeding," Devon said looking him over. 
"I'm fine. Did everyone make it out?"
"Yes." 
Jc started sitting up and looked at the fiery miss in front of him. 
"I was able to grab your bag," Devon said handing it to him. 
"Thanks, but we lost everything." 
"The army will get you knew stuff," Justin said kissing his forehead. "I'm mad at you," he said glaring at Devon. 
Devon laughed while Jc stared at both of them. 
"Ok how was I suppose to know that the one night you didn't spend the night here this was going to happen."
"Shouldn't have told me to leave," Justin countered. 
Right then shots starting firing around them. 
"Get everyone to base!" Chris yelled. 
Everyone who was able started helping everyone else start running for safety. Justin and Chris looked back and saw trucks coming fast towards them. The shooting was getting closer and more intense. 
"Get up Josh," Justin said pulling him up quickly. 
Jc whimpered in pain but started moving with Justin. 
"I'm sorry," Justin whispered. 
Chad and the rest of the team were waiting for them at the front of the base. They had already started shooting towards the unwanted company. Justin sat Jc in a chair in the base. 
"Stay here baby," Justin said kissing his forehead. 
Devon was already in front of him looking at his bleeding leg. Jc watched Justin and Chris grab their guns and run towards the rest of their team and begin shooting. 
"You're lucky, Jc. You just need a bandage."
"Good. I need to get up and help. We're going to have a lot of people hurt tonight I'm afraid."
Devon quickly bandaged his leg and helped Jc get up. He coughed as he got to his feet, then limped over to where the two marines who were in the tent with them. Devon watched him and was concerned by his coughing. 
"Jc just rest a minute," Devon said going to him. 
Justin, Chris, and Chad stood just outside of the base trying to come up with the best solution.
"We need to start fucking shooting," Justin shouted. 
"How the hell are we going to take them out? There's a lot of them."
"Turn your radios on. Run and start shooting. We will come up with something as we go," Justin said turning his radio on. "You two go that way, I'll go this way."
"We should stay together Justin."
"No, we need to split up. Now go!" Justin said taking off in one direction, leaving Chris and Chad to go the other way. 
Justin didn't know how many bullets he shot or how many men he had taken down. The tent was still up in flames giving them some light. He noticed Chad and Chris and started making his way over to them. He looked next to him noticing Brett running. 
"Brett!" He called.
Suddenly Brett screamed and fell to the ground. 
"Shit." Justin talked in his radio.  "Kirkpatrick, How many grenades do you two have?"
"Three. You?"
"Two. Take out the first two trucks and I'll take out the last two. On my word."
"Copy," Chris called telling Chad to get their grenades ready. 
Each got into position. When Justin felt it was the right, he pulled the tab and yelled into the radio. 
"Now." 
Each threw their grenades and watched as the trucks went up into flames. Justin smiled slightly with the results. He started making his way over to where he had last seen Chris and Chad. They needed to get to Brett to see if he was alright.
Chris saw Justin making his way over. The desert was quiet. Something was off. Chris's stomach flopped around. Justin was close when Chris heard it, the sound that made him want to throw up. 
"Justin stop!" He screamed.
It was too late though. The grenade hit the ground and exploded, sending all of them all flying backwards and to the ground. 
It took a while before Chris started coming around. He rubbed his head and groaned, cursing as he tried sitting up. Chad was coming to at the same time. They looked at each other, then looked around them.
"Justin?" Chris called.
There was no answer. He scrambled to his feet to look for his friend. 
"Justin, Justin!!" He yelled in panic.    


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: alternateuniverse