Chris spotted Justin laying on the ground, not moving. Oh god! He thought. Running faster he quickly got to his friends side. 
"Justin." 
"Chris." His voice wavered. "I'm in trouble." 
"You're going to be ok," Chris said running his fingers through his hair. He looked up to Chad. 
"I'll go get Jc," Chad told him. 
"Be quick." 
Chris looked over Justin's body and tried to stay calm. His friend was in shock. 
"Just keep breathing, ok Justin. Deep breaths. Keep your eyes open man. Stay with me," Chris rambled. 
Justin's eyes darted in all directions, not able to focus on Chris like he wanted to. 
Grabbing his hand, Chris kept talking to him, praying Chad and Jc to get back quickly. 
"Chris, please." 
"It's ok." 
"Tell...tell Josh..." 
Right the Jc and Chad came running up. Jc stopped dead in his tracks seeing Justin. He felt the bile in his throat. His hand shot up to cover his mouth. Chris jumped up and went to Jc. 
"Jc listen to me. You have to save him. He needs you Jc." 
"Do you realize what I have to do?" Jc breathed out.
"Yes I know, but he doesn't. Josh you have to save him." 
Jc turned round so he wasn't looking at anyone and took a few deep breaths. He needed to make sure he didn't freak out in front of Justin and be able to do what he needed to. 
"Jc."
"Go get my bag. Hurry Chris."
Chris bolted the short distance back to base where they were still under fire. 
Jc got to the ground next to Justin. 
"Hey, baby."
"Josh. What...what's..." Justin stammered.
"Shh, it's ok. I'm going to take care of you."
Justin nodded his head and felt Jc grip his hand. 
"Josh," he whispered, getting Jc's attention to look in his eyes. "I love you."
Jc swallowed thickly, holding his tears at bay. He leaned close and kissed his lips softly. "I love you too, babe."
He then took his belt off and wrapped it around Justin's thigh just above his knee. Justin cried out when he tightened it. Chris was back in minutes. 
Jc took the bag and slammed it open. He had a small vile of morphine but that was it. He knew it wasn't enough but it would help. Quickly he filled a syringe he put it into Justin's skin. 
"It's not going to be enough," Jc whispered looking at Chris.
"Do what you need to do." 
Jc nodded and went into his bag pulling the saw out. 
"Hold his hand," Jc told him. 
Chris went to his other side and grabbed Justin's hand. Justin watched Jc and knew what was happening now. But he didn't have time to think about it. Jc was in his zone and he turned the saw on. Justin closed his eyes and bit his lip. 
Jc took a second to breath then placed it just below Justin's left knee. The sound of excruciating pain that came from Justin made Jc want to stop but he couldn't. He kept going. He bit back the tears. 
Shots rang out again around them. They had almost forgotten that they were under attack. Jc felt the bullet hit his shoulder. It threw him forward, making him land across Justin's chest. Chris looked on in shock. The sudden thought Jc had just been killed flashed into his mind, but he sighed with relief when he heard him groan and sit up. 
"Shit Jc." 
"I'm ok, I'm ok," Jc breathed out. He went back to his boyfriend, ignoring the pain in his shoulder.  
"Josh," Justin whimpered. 
Jc looked at him and watched his eyes close. He knew Justin had passed out. It was more comforting to have to do this without hearing him in so much pain. Jc finished as quickly as he could, groaning through the pain in his shoulder. 
"Better hurry doc we have to get back to base." 
Shaking his head in frustration he ignored Chad. As fast as he could he cut the blood vessels and muscles. He was starting to sweat, his vision blurred slightly, but he kept working. After checking his pulse and other vitals Jc looked at Chris. 
"Ok." 
Chris carefully lifted Justin into his arms and carried him quickly to the base. Jc grabbed all his tools, threw them into his bag and stood up on shaky legs. Chad quickly wrapped his arm around his waist and helped him to the base. 
Once inside Jc pushed Chad away giving him a strong glare. He quickly ran to Justin checking him over. There were many men laying on the ground some with sheets over them, some crying out in pain. 
"Jc there's a helicopter coming to take them to a hospital in Italy," Devon called. 
Jc nodded and kissed Justin's forehead. "I love you. You will be home soon. I'm so sorry baby. Be strong ok," he whispered directly into his ear. 
He knew Justin couldn't hear him, but he prayed he could. Giving him another kiss Jc went and started helping the other wounded.  Soon the helicopter came and took the wounded away. Jc finally collapsed with exhaustion and loss of blood. 
Devon immediately went up to Jc and made him lay on a cot. He went right to work on his shoulder. Jc screamed into his arm as Devon searched his shoulder for the bullet. 
"Almost got it Jc, just hold on ok," Devon said cringing. 
"Devon please." 
"I'm so sorry Jc," Devon whispered. 
He got the bullet out and bandaged Jc's shoulder. Jc closed his eyes and let the rest of the night be a blur.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: alternateuniverse