Author's Chapter Notes:

See You was originally meant to be a short story but since JC and Liz are fun to write and is making me happy ... I decided to write more ... dabbles... blurbs ... just more! :)

 

Let me take you down coz I'm going to strawberry fields...*

 

 

"What is this?" JC asked, pointing at about a dozen or so stick figures on the dry erase message board they had by the counter as he brought the strawberries he just cut the stem off and washed to the kitchen island where they were having breakfast.

"What?" Liz looked up from her coffee mug, her first for that morning.

"This," he tapped the white board again to show her what seemed to be a count down or up of some sort.

"Oh, sixteen."

"Sixteen what?" He placed the bowl of strawberries on the granite counter.

"Sixteen times I've been mentioned, photo-opt and blind itemed with you over at JADED," she replied, wiggling her eyebrow with a silly grin, smile knowing how much he despised that infamous gossip website.

"How many times do I have to tell you to quit reading shit from the site?" He warned, sitting himself in the stool beside her before pouring a bit of creamer into the mug of coffee she had gotten him earlier.

 "Well, what can I do? People call and text me to tell me I'm in it! Of course, I've got to see!"

"And you're counting each time?" JC asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yep.  I'm doing a countdown till they finally call me your ho. "

JC frowned and then shook his head as he stirred his coffee with the spoon that was in her mug. "You're weird."

"Babe, what did I say about you always trying to drag me into this who's weirder contest?  You will always win ... I mean, I have a bucket list full, including how you always take silverware that I am already using and use it , so shut up already."

He rolled his eyes and laugh as he picked up a strawberry, popping the whole thing into his mouth.   "Yumanabuhahoo?"

"Didn't your mom tell you not to talk when your mouth is full? What did you say?"

He made a face at her as he swallowed. "You want to be called a ho?"

This time she smiled. "Well, you know, it seems like your only purpose for their website is to provide them with a list of hos but so far I'm a no go," she pretended to be disappointed.  "I only get a - ‘Who is she?', a ‘Who's that girl?' and my favorite to date - ‘FWB'."

"What's FWB?"

"Seriously, you've got to get into the lingo program!  F.W.B. -  Friends With Benefits."

"Ahhhhh..." he nodded. "Well ... true that ..." he shrugged, popping another berry in his mouth.

Liz took a strawberry from the bowl as well only to throw it at him.

"Hey! What?" He was laughing.

She shot him the look. "Careful now."

"It is true, though. We are friends and goddamit, we've got benefits."

"Oh, yeah?"

is eyes sparkled with mischief as he swiveled his stool so he can face her and then leaned in for a slow , sweet , delectable , strawberry fields flavored kiss.  "Very, very good, goddamn benefits." 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
*Starberry Fields Forever written by John Lennon. Sung bt the Beatles.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story