Author's Chapter Notes:
"Now and forever, I will be your man."-Richard Marx

One Week Later, Christmas Day

“Josh,” Alexia groaned waking up. “It’s Christmas, Honey,” she smiled. She knew it was probably way too early for him to be up, but she’d always had this internal clock on Christmas morning, anxious to start celebrating the day. Despite being a grown woman, the kid in her always came out on Christmas. She couldn’t wait until next year when she’d have a daughter to share these moments with. Or son, she wasn’t picky. She looked down, and rubbed her belly excitedly. “Merry Christmas, Baby,” she cooed.

She reached over to wake JC up, only to find his spot empty. Sitting up, she turned her head towards the bathroom, to see if he was in the shower. Silence. “Hmmm, that’s odd,” she said to herself, as she reached up to lightly tousle her hair. It was then that she made the discovery that her ring was gone.

“Josh!” Alexia called, jumping out of the bed. When she didn’t receive an answer she started to panic.

“Josh?” She called again, racing down the steps. “Have you seen my rin-“As she reached the landing of the staircase, she noticed a trail of red rose petals.  She took the time to follow them, realizing that they led her straight to JC, where he was kneeling down by the Christmas tree, surrounded by her favorite vanilla scented candles. The lights were dimmed, and their song was playing; Richard Marx’s Now and Forever.

“Josh, what is this?” Alexia asked, completely amazed by the set up.

“Come here, Baby,” JC said, smiling at the beautiful sight of his fiancée’; make-up free, her hair tousled, and clad in a gray camisole and matching boy shorts.

As Alexia approached JC, he embraced her into his arms, and she sat down on his lap. “This is incredible,” she said before kissing him. “I can’t believe you did all of this.”

“I really wanted today to be special,” he replied kissing her back, and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. “I love you, Alexia.”

“I know, Baby, I love you too.”

“And I know that these past few months have been extremely difficult for us, but I want for us to move past this, and move on to an even greater future. I want you to know that I am completely committed to you, and I want absolutely nothing else. “JC looked up to see a bright smile plastered onto Alexia’s face. “Alexia Camden Walker, light of my life, mother of my child,” he said, rubbing her belly. “Will you marry me? Again?” JC asked, pulling out a blue velvet box and opening it to reveal a brand new beautiful diamond solitaire ring.

“On my God,” Alexia gasped, as tears began to pool in her eyes. “Josh-“

“I don’t exactly know how these re-proposal things go but-“

“Yes, yes!” Alexia exclaimed, almost too stunned to speak. This was everything that she wanted and so much more. This was perfect.

“Great,” was all that a nervous JC could say, as he slid the ring onto her finger. He was just as nervous as he was the first time around.  

Alexia stood slowly, allowing JC to stand as well. On his way up, he lay gentle kisses on her belly, and whispered, “I love you,” before coming up to kiss her, and holding her tightly in his arms as they gently swayed back and forth to the music.

“Josh, this means everything, you mean everything to me,” Alexia whispered looking up into his eyes. “I couldn’t live my life without you.”

“And I know that I wouldn’t be the person that I am today without you, Allie,” JC replied, looking down at her. “You are my better half. You complete me, I love you.”

And so that day, Alexia and JC learned that love is difficult, but the fight was well worth it. They would go through Hell to get to Heaven together, and conquer fire and rain, and move mountains just to be with each other. You couldn’t appreciation your best moments, without going through your worst. As long as they had each other they would always make it through. Nothing would ever come between them.  

 

 

 

 


Completed
Ashley Loves JC is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Love and War also liked 4 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story