Author's Chapter Notes:



Amber went through her last day of work in the same old fashion.   She hated this time of year. She would go through the same fake act she has done for the same...well she lost count how long she's done.

Two hours later she was standing in line at the airport waiting to board her flight back to Orlando from Los Angeles.  She was taking the red eye fully ready to sleep the whole flight and be fresh faced for her trip to her sister's.

She smiled her general fake smile to the attendant and walked the gateway onto the plane to the luxury of her first class seat. She put her bag under the seat in front of her and say in her seat.

She pulled her I pod out and hit play on random. She sat back and was just starting to relax when she saw the seat next to her become occupied. She looked at the man next to her. He looked familiar and sounded like she knew him. Shit she was an assistant to half of LA's talent she's been around the fame for so long she ran into some one she has met over the past 7 years on a daily basis.

"Hey I'll be home by the time u are up mom.  I love you...yes I'll sleep on the plane...no...yes...look mom I'm on the plane getting a look from the attendant. I'll call u when I land. Love you too mom bye."  He ended his call and turned to Amber.

She looked familiar to him but for the life of him he couldn't put from where.  He'll this IS LA.  He's been around so many people since the whole Girl Radical publicity he's met tons of people.  But he's seen her on a more day to day basis.  He smiled as he then began to remember her,

Amber felt a tap on her arm and jumped. She looked to see who was bothering her and was shocked.

"Amber?" JC asked as he sat down in his seat.

Amber was shocked to the core. The one person she had not seen in over a few yearsd but was on her mind day after day was right there. She had missed them since the group broke up and Johnny gave her the pink slip.  Sad part was she never got to say good bye to anyone...including her old friend who was now next to her and she smiled.

"I can't believe you remember me."  Amber said as she looked at him.

"How can you forget a sweet and caring assistant that was the best assistant ever.  You know I had a tough time replacing someone like you." JC admitted.

"Yeah, I heard last year you went through six of them.  One was my friend that bitched all she heard was Amber this and Amber that."  Amber smiled.

JC saw her look out the small window of the plane and took a long look at how she has grown up since then. She was not the same as she was back then. He was always thinking she was too young. But somehow she was always so much more mature than the older women he dated.

Amber looked to JC and asked, "So, why the late night flight?"

JC smiled and said, "I was going to ask you the same thing."

"Ah but I asked you first. So tell me and I will answer back."  Amber said.

"Work was killing me.  I am only too happy to have some time off. I need to recharge this battery and get some good old rest and relaxation."  JC said.

"I know that all too well since I started my masters in public relations in sports and entertainment, working for Neil  and getting no time off, I too am somewhat happy to go home."  Amber sounded off in the distance.

JC looked at how fast she went from happy to longing and sad. He knew a little about her and her social life. But not about her family.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you."  He apologized quickly.

"No, it's fine just makes me a little bummed this time of year."  Amber said.

JC sat back as the plane went through the flight info and take off wanting to know what happened but would wait until they were in the air.

Amber never really talked to anyone about what happened. Only Neil and his husband. Neil was the one who convinced her to go home and take the few weeks off and see her sister and kids and be with true family. She looked to JC and started talking again.

"My mom's birthday was on Christmas Day."  She said

JC looked to her and said, "Used to be?"

"Yes," She said and went on.

"My mother died right before I was 20. She had breast cancer and it had spread to her lungs. She died three days before my 20th birthday. We buried her the day after my birthday. I remember that birthday siting in the funeral home seeing her lying there thinking this can't get any worse."  She took a shaky breath then.

"But it did right?"  JC asked.

Amber felt a tear roll down her cheek. She looked at JC and continued.

"Christmas Day my father took a heart attack and passed away New Year's Day." She said then went on, "his birthday is, well was on my birthday too."  She said.

At that point JC took her hand and held it. He said go on. You've kept this in for too long.

Amber looked at her hand in his and felt what her mom always said on how you will know when you found "the one".

"I sold the house I lived with my dad in to my sister.  She lives with her family and kept my room as mine. I met Johnny and his wife at Disney with their kids he seen me work with Britney as temp assistant and offered me the move to LA to work with her there. I couldn't stay in Orlando. So I moved in May of 2002. And didn't look back."

"What about," JC asked but was cut off by Amber.

"Oh i see my sister every other month. I work with most Orlando to LA talent so when I'm there I see her and they come to LA for thanksgiving, and for two weeks in the summer."  She then said,  "it's just very hard to enjoy Christmas with the memories of my parents."

JC tucked a piece of hair out of her face.  He always liked Amber from afar, and had a feeling she was special. Anyone who knew her said she had a heart of gold and was a sweet person.

"It's just very hard to put a smile on my face and enjoy the holidays. I used to love this time of year and I still do but I feel more sad bc I'm afraid,". Amber  was cut off.

"I think your parents want you to love the holidays again. I know it's hard to do that but they have to see how you are and what they remember you being and feel sad. It's not fair to you how they passed away but not feeling the spirit of this time of year has to be worse."  JC said as he kept holding her hand.

Amber looked into his eyes and then said, "More than you know"

For the next five hours they sat and talked. They talked about his plans her plans, anything and everything.

Before they knew it they had landed and were boarding off the plane.

"So I will see you for drinks at the Peabody on Christmas night?"  JC asked.

Amber aimed went to him and kissed him softly on the lips and said, "yes until then. Happy Holidays"

::::::CHRISTMAS DAY::::::


Amber was laying on the couch of her parents old house with the fireplace burning and was thinking about what happened on the flight two days ago. She finally felt what her mother had described as love.

She was looking up to the sky and was about to speak when she heard the doorbell. She got up, went to the door and was shocked as she saw the one person she wanted to be with her right then and there.

JC pulled Amber to him and saw a tear come down her face.

He smiled as he said, "Merry Christmas."

Amber felt his lips on hers. She pulled away and asked, "I thought we were meeting later for drinks."

"Well I waited long enough to see you. And I thought you shouldn't be alone on Christmas." Jc said as he held Amber close.

Amber then looked to the sky and whispered, "I love you mom and dad"

This was by far the best christmas ever, because she knew from now on she would never be alone again.
Chapter End Notes:
MERRY CHRISTMAS AMBER W...HOPE THIS WORKED OUT WELL FOR YOU!!!

Completed
kb4jc is the author of 12 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story