Author's Chapter Notes:

Any feedback is appreciated...whether good or bad.

Thanks for reading. :) 

This story alternates between Natalie's POV and Justin's POV.  To make it easier I put Natalie in bold and Justin in regular font.

“MOVING?!”

 

“Uh huh.  We’re really moving”

 

“But why?  I like New Jersey.  What’s in Tennessee?” 

 

“The big house we just bought.”

 

Damn.  Moving.  I can’t believe that we’re moving.  To the frickin south.  I’m not excited about this. 

 

Shit. I’m just talking and you don’t even know who the hell I am. My name is Natalie Dunbar but everyone calls me Nat.  I’m just your typical black girl from Jersey.  Just graduated from college and now I’m moving with mom, dad, and little brother to fuckin’ Tennessee.

 

That woman I’m debating with?  That’s my mommy.  Yes I still call her mommy and I’m 21.  So what?

 

Now back to what I was saying.  I’m a northern city girl.  What the hell am I gonna do in Tennessee?  Lord help me please.

 

“Okay.  Well how soon are we moving?”

 

“In two weeks.”  My mom smiled.  She’s killing me right now.

 

“Awww man.  So I guess I gotta pack huh?”

 

“Yup!”

 

Moving shouldn’t be that bad right?  I can meet new people…or something I guess.  At least my best friend Monique is moving with us.  I’ll tell you more about her later.

 

Those two weeks went by fast as hell because I swear I just blinked now me and Monique are in my car driving down to Tennessee.

 

“Nikki?  Did you read the directions right?  Where the hell are we?”  I asked. I love my best friend but she be fuckin up sometimes.

 

“Yeah man.  It just looks mad confusing here.” Nikki paused and looked around. “What are we gonna do down here for real?  How are we gonna eat? Do we have to hunt for food or some shit?”

“We have to start eating deer meat.” I said knowingly.

 

We both looked at each other and laughed.  We knew none of that was true but driving through these mountains was crazy.

 

After a few minutes of silence, I had an epiphany of sorts.

 

“OH MY GOD!!” I laugh/screamed.  I tend to do that a lot.

 

“WHAT??! DID YOU HIT SOMETHING?!” 

 

“No! I just realized something!”

 

“DID YOU LEAVE SOMETHING IN JERSEY?!” Nikki was still screaming.

 

I smiled and said “My boo lives in Tennessee!”

 

Nikki lowered her eyes into what we like to call the ‘three line face.’  It’s called the three line face because both eyes and mouth look like three lines…kinda like -_-

 

“Nat. Your boo?  Now you KNOW you ain’t got no man.” 

 

I jokingly rolled my eyes at her “Now you know Justin Timberlake is my boo and he is from Tennessee.”

 

“OOOOHHHH SHIT!! How could we forget that?!” 

 

We both died of laughter.  What were the chances that I’d actually meet him, let alone see his ass.

 

“Now you know if I see my man, it’s ON!”  I informed her. “I WILL be shaking my titties all up in his face.”

 

“Girl Bye!  You’re punk ass won’t say shit.” She laughed.

 

“Whatever.”

She was right though.  I am the biggest punk when it comes to talking to guys. I’m a pretty outgoing person.  I’m bold and crazy.  Hell I even got voted class clown and most talkative in high school.  But if I like someone, all that outgoing shit goes out the window.  Add a famous, beautiful, and gorgeous man that I’ve lusted after for about 10 years?  There’s not way in hell I’d be Bold Natty Nat.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story