I’m really proud of myself. I have no idea how I’m keeping so calm.  Before we left I was a nervous wreck.  Now? Not so much. I hope I don’t say anything stupid. 

“So how are you enjoying living here?” he asked.

 

“Umm…it’s okay.  Kind of slow compared to other places I’ve live but I guess this is somewhat of a good change.”

 

He nodded.  And then silence.  I’m gonna need to stop this.  It’s getting annoying.  I guess I can tell him something fun about myself?  Maybe?

 

“Guess what?”

 

“What?”

 

“I have double jointed fingers, toes, arms, and legs.”  He just stared at me.  What did I say? 

 

“Wow.”

 

“Wow?” I frowned.  “I just told you my whole life was double jointed and all you can say is wow?” By this time he was laughing at me as I pouted.  What’s so funny?

 

“The extent of your double jointed-ness astounds me.  So can you put your legs behind your head?” He asked grinning.

 

“I dunno. I never tried.” Wait. I just caught on. I should kick him. “Freak.”

 

“What?” he laughed. “I honestly want to know.  You’re the one with her mind in the gutter.”

 

“Whatever punk.”

 

“You’re really funny. When I met you, I didn’t think you’d be goofy at all.”

 

“Why not? What did you think about me when you met me?” This should be good.  People always tend to think I’m a bitch before they talk to me.

 

“Uh…Actually I saw you before I met you.”

 

Arf? Saw me? So this fool was watching me? “What do you mean?”

 

“Trace saw you guys pull up when you got here and called me over to look.”

 

“Oh…so you were secretly watching me?”

 

“No.” he laughed. “I saw you.”

 

“Ummm hmmm…stalker. Continue.” I said as I sipped my water.

 

“I honestly didn’t think you would give me the time of day.” THE HELL?! He must not know how fine he is. 

 

“Why would you say that?”

 

“I dunno. You didn’t look too approachable.” See?  What did I tell you.

 

“Well if it makes you feel better, I didn’t think you would’ve liked me.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because I’m just a regular person and not some Hollywood celebrity.”

 

“Hmmm…most of the girls in Hollywood are ugly anyway.  They look nothing like how they look on TV and magazines.” Says the man who dated Britney Spears and Cameron Diaz.

 

“That’s interesting.” I said. “So what’s good to eat here?  I don’t know what half of this shit is.”

 “The Veal Osso Buco is good.” The what?   

“Ummm…what the hell is that?”

 

“I dunno but it’s good.” Of course he wouldn’t know.

 

“Okay.  I don’t know.  You can order me something…and it better be good.”

 

He laughed. “Alright. I got you.”

 

“How long are you staying down here?  I know you probably have like 50 million houses.” I asked.

 

“Uhh…I dunno how long I’ll be here but I like coming home to get away from everything.  L.A. is nice but the paparazzi out there are crazy.”

 

“Los Angeles…I’ve never been there. I’d love to move there and do some PR stuff.  You know…put that money I shelled out for school to use.” I laughed.

 

“If you want to, you can come with me for a couple days when I go back.  Just to see if you like it.”

 

“You’d take me with you?  After knowing me for 2 seconds?”

 

“Damn right.” I looked at him like he had two heads.  “But seriously, I know people out there and I can help you out if you really wanna do it.”

 

“Awww…thanks.  I’ll think about it.”

 

We talked and laughed some more while waiting for the waiter to bring the food out.  He’s a really funny guy.  I’ve seen him in interviews and stuff but he’s much funnier in person.

 

“Wait. So you fell down the stairs?” he asked me while laughing.

 

“Yes I fell down the stairs and it’s not funny! I was only 6 years old and the dog was scary.  It was the dog’s fault.  I was so convinced that the dog was gonna bite me so I tried to walk down the stairs really slow and I just rolled down.  The dog didn’t even care about me.” There he goes laughing at me again. “I’m glad you think it’s funny.”

 

“I’m done laughing.  Promise.” He has a really contagious laugh. 

 

The waiter came with our food. It looks…interesting.

 

“Thank you.” He said.

 

“Justin. This better be good or else.”

 

“Or else what?” Games.  He loves to play games.

 

“Or else.” I said simply.

 

“Alright.  Care to make a bet?”

 

“Okay.”

 

“If you like it, you have to go to out to the club with me and my friends on Friday.”

 

“What if I hate it?”

 

“Ummm…I’ll give you a dollar.” I had to laugh at that.

 

“Fine. It’s a bet.” And we shook on it.  I hope I like this shit.  I hate the club but for chance to dance with him? I’ll take it.

 

“So go ahead and taste it already.”

 

“Okay okay…” I tasted it and DAMN it was good.   

 

“Told ya! I win!”

 

“Yeah you won…yay.” I tried to mask my excitement about another date.

 

“So when we go to the club, make sure you look good because I can’t have a busted chick on my arm.”

 

“Damn.  And I was planning on wearing sweats too.” I responded sarcastically.

 

“I’m sure you’ll look nice in whatever you decide to wear.”

 

“Since you said you and your friends are going, can I bring Nikki along for the ride?”

 

“Uh huh.  It’ll be fun.” He smiled slyly.  He better not even think about hooking my girl up with someone ugly either.

 

“I’m sure it will be.” 

 
We walked slowly to the car.  Being on this date with Nat was a lot of fun.   

“I don’t think I’ve laughed this much on any date I’ve been on.” I said.

 

“I’m glad I could deliver. I was class clown in high school you know.” She said walking to the passenger side of my car.  I opened up the door for her to get in.

 

“Oh I believe you.” I got in the car and started it. “So did you enjoy yourself?”

 

“I did.  It was great. Thanks for taking me out.” She said smiling.

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

The ride home was fairly quiet; but the good kind.  I don’t think either of us wanted it to end.

 

“Well…here we are.” I got out to open the door for her once again.

 

“You know you’re really on point with this door opening thing.”

 

“Don’t get used to it. I’m only doing it because it’s the first date.” And hopefully not the last.

 

“Awww…well it was fun while it lasted.” She said smiling.

 

“Ummm….okay. So….” Do I go in for the kiss? Does she even kiss on first dates?

 

“So….I guess I’ll see you Friday? Or maybe before then since we’re neighbors and shit.”

 

“Right.” I said. Damn am I nervous.

 

She looked at me for a second then gave me a soft kiss on the cheek. 

 

“Call me.”

 

“I will.” And with that she walked into her house.

 

Damn.  How the hell does she have me sprung like this after like 2 days?  I’ve dated a few…okay a lot of girls and none have ever had me going like this after a few days and a kiss on the cheek.  I don’t know what it is.

 

This summer should be interesting.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story