“You cheated dude.  You fuckin cheated.”

 

“Trace you’re just a sore loser.  It’s okay.  You’d think after all these years you’d recognize that the Timberlake is almighty and wins everything.”

 

“Cheater.”

 

“Will it make you feel better if I get you something to drink you big baby?” 

 

“Yeah and make it snappy”

 

I went to the kitchen to pour some drinks after our rousing game of Halo.  This was the life.  No crazies taking my picture, no girls screaming in my face, just drinking and playing video games with my best –

 

“DUUUUUUDDDEEE!!!” You’d think Trace grew up in L.A. with all the ‘dudes’ and what not coming out of his mouth

 

“What?”

 

“Who is THAT?”

 

“What the hell are you talking about?”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me about your neighbors?”

 

“My mom said some new people were moving in.  Why are you staring at them?”  I said as I walked back into the livingroom.

 

 “Come over here and look.”

 

I walked over to the window and saw two…well…hot girls moving shit.

 

“DAAAAAAAAMMMNNNN!!” we gawked.

 

“She did say her daughter was coming in today…”

 

“Well dude.  She’s here.  Shit.”

 

“You can’t even really see their faces.  They could be butterheads.”  They definitely weren’t.

 

“Well let’s go see up close and personal.” 

 

“NO!!”  Did I just yell?  Oops.

 

“Why not?  Since when is ‘The Timberlake’ scared to talk to some females?”

 

Okay maybe I was a little nervous.  He didn’t have to know that though.

 

“I’m not scared.  I just don’t feel like going.  And my mom said something about her

coming to meet her or some shit.” I hope he bought that.

 

Trace stared at me for a second. “Whatever dude.  You’re just scared to take a dip into that chocolate!”

 

He didn’t.

 

“Man…I’ve NEVER been scared of a little chocolate.”

 

Trace busted into laughter. 

 

“You’re never scared?  What happened with Tatiana?”

 

“Well I mean…she was –“

 

“And Ebony?”

“She didn’t even LIKE me!”

 

“She basically handed you her panties.”

 

Damn.  The midget was right.  I hated when he was right.  I dunno what the hell I was scared of.  Girls are all the same right? 

 

“Okay okay okay you got me.  Alright.  If you beat me in this round, I’ll go with you and talk to them.  Deal?”  He wouldn’t beat me anyway.  He sucks.

 

“Deal.  I’m gonna kick your ass!”


 

“HA! HA! HA! IN YOUR FACE!”

 

He beat me.  He really beat me.  Damnit. Now I had to actually go through with this deal I made.  Damn my over confidence.

 

“J. Did you see what just happened?  I BEAT YOOOOUU!!!”

 

“Yeah.  It was a fluke.  Rematch! Double or nothing!” I wanted to get out of this deal so bad.

 

“No no my friend,” he smiled “We’re gonna go meet your new neighbors.”

 

My mom was coming down the stairs.  She’d save me.

 

“Y’all are making too much noise.  What the hell is going on?”

 

Trace took it upon himself to explain. “Well I beat Justin’s ass and now he has to pay up.”

 

My mom just shook her head.  She was used to our craziness by now.

 

“Well that’s gonna have to wait. Justin our neighbor is coming over.” She said.

 

Coming over? Damn did everyone hate me or something?

 

“When?”

 

“Now.  So clean up this stuff before they come.”

 

I looked at Trace who was smiling so fuckin’ hard.  I secretly wanted him to drop dead.  I guess I’d have to play it cool.  I could do that.  I meet girls everyday.  No biggie.

 

*ding*

 

The doorbell.  Fuck.  And there goes my mom to answer it. 

 

“Hey Laura! How are you?”

 

“I’m great.  You?” I saw a pretty black woman no bigger than 5’1” at the door.  Must be her mom. 

 

“Good.  Come in! This is my son Justin and his friend Trace.”

 

“Awww…nice to meet you.” She gave both of us hugs.

 

“Now where is that daughter of yours you promised I could meet?”

 

“She’s – she was right behind me.” She stepped back outside the door. “There she is.”

 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story