My mom shut the door behind them after they left.

 

“Aren’t they so sweet? That was really nice of you guys to volunteer to help them move in their stuff.”

 

“Actually mama, you volunteered us.” I said.

 

“You didn’t say no.”

 

“I mean…I didn’t get a chance to.”

“Were you going to?” HELL NO!

 

“No…”

“Well then.” She said smiling.  What have I gotten myself into? “I’m gonna go to bed.  Goodnight boys…and please no yelling.”

 

“Goodnight.” Trace was gonna get it after my mom shut her door.

 

“Trace. Why?”

 

“Why what?”

 

“Why would you agree to us helping them move their stuff tomorrow?”

 

“Ehhh…get over it dude.  I was trying to help you out. I know you like Nat.” How the hell did he know? 

 

“I don’t like her.”

 

“So you didn’t get all nervous and shit when Nikki ask you to ‘entertain’ them?”

 

“Okay…maybe I think she’s cute but that’s all.”

 

“Liar.” I was lying.  She was funny, seemed smart, and really pretty. But he didn’t need to know all that just yet.  She probably wouldn’t like me anyway.

 

“Whatever.  I just don’t appreciate you volunteering me to help out.”

 

“You’re welcome.” I had to give it up to the midget.  He knew me better than almost anyone.  I guess tomorrow would be the time for me to make my move.  If I didn’t, I’m sure Trace would have no problem speeding up the process for me.

 

“And tomorrow, you better get her number or something.” See?

Tomorrow was going to be interesting to say the least.  What the hell was I gonna wear?

 

Trace got his keys. “Alright.  I’m outta here man.  See you tomorrow.”

 

“Alright. Bye.”

 

“No wet dreams alright? We’re not 13 anymore.”

 

“Get out.”


 

“GET UP!!”  Ugh…Trace. What time was it?  The clock read 10AM. 

 

“Why??” I whined. 

 

“Cuz your girlfriend needs help moving into her house.”

 

“She’s not my girl.” I said into my pillow.

 

“Exactly.  That’s why you need to get up.” I walked past him and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower.

 

“Why don’t you date her since you’re so interested.”  I said through brush strokes

 

“Because she likes you…not me.” She likes me?  How would he know? 

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean she likes you.”

 

“How do you know?”

 

“I just do.” Dumb ass cryptic answers.  I wanted to know how he knew she liked me.  Nikki said she ‘loved’ me but I’m pretty sure she was joking…I think.  If she did like me, that means it’d be easier for me to put the moves on her right? 

 

“Go in the shower please.  You can’t show up at her house looking like that.”

 

“Shut up.” I said as I shut the bathroom door.


 

“Nikki! What am I gonna wear? Justin is gonna be over here soon!  I dunno what to do!”

 

“First of all, shut up.  Second, put on something you can work in since we are gonna be picking up boxes and stuff.” Maybe Nikki didn’t hear what I said.  Justin Timberlake was coming to my house.  I had to look cute.

 

“How about this?” I pulled out a pair of jeans and a tank top.

 

“Nat.  You must’ve forgot how hot it is down here.  You’ll die in that.” 

 

“Okay…how about this?” I chose a pair of denim capris and a tank top

 

“Nope.  The denim is gonna make you sweat.”  Well then tell me what to wear then bitch.

 

“This?” I had a pair of shorts and a wifebeater.

 

“Perfect.” 

 

“What?”  A stupid pair of shorts and a stupid wifebeater?  How was this cute?

 

“Yeah.” 

 

“But I wanna look cute Nik.”

 

“On some real shit, it doesn’t matter what you wear because he likes you already.”

 

“I don’t think he does.  I like him.”

 

“Annnnddd he likes you back dummy so just put on the shorts and make him happy.”

 

“Make him happy?”

 

Nikki looked at me like I was stupid. “Nat. Legs plus ass plus knockers equal happiness for any man….maybe you should wear shorter ones.” Shorter?  Bermuda shorts are the shortest I’ll go.

 

“What the hell?  Why?” 

 

“Natalie…my sweet naive Natty.  You wanna look cute for the guy you like right?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“So wear the short shorts.”

 

“But I don’t want my tattoo to show.”  I had a tattoo on my left thigh.

 

“Tattoos are sexy.  I promise you, you’ll thank me later. Now I’m going outside to start so I better see you downstairs in five minutes.”  She said as she walked away.

 

Today was gonna be a long day.  I’m not trying to do any real work anyway.  Maybe if I just lay here, they won’t notice I’m not down there yet.

 

I hear voices outside. 

 

I guess they were here.    

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story