“Superstar! Trace! What’s good?” I guess Nikki was gonna call me Superstar from now on. 

 

“Hey Nikki.” Trace said.  I was looking around for Nat.

 

“Nat is upstairs Superstar.  She’ll be down in a minute.” I guess she saw me.  Damn.

 

“Why are you telling me?” Nikki just looked at me.  I mean yeah I was looking for her by why did she assume I was looking for her.

 

“Who else would you be breaking your neck for?”

 

“Well…I happen to be looking for her mom.” Nikki walked over to me, put her hand over my shoulder, and shook her head.  She must’ve saw through that lie.

 

“You’re just as bad as her.  I’m gonna pray for y’all for real.” And she walked away.  I’m as bad as Nat?  What did she mean? I turned to Trace and this idiot is just standing there laughing at me.

 

“What?”

 

“You’re a terrible liar.  She saw right through you.  You suck.”

 

“Whatever.  Let’s just do this so we can go.”

 

“Okay y’all!  We need to bring aaaaaalllll this inside.”  Nikki told us.  They had a shit load of crap.  Can I back out of this now?

 

“Okay so Trace bring this into the livingroom.” She showed him like a million boxes that needed to go in there.

 

“And Superstar, you can bring this to Nat’s room.” She smiled.  She and Trace are the same person I swear. 

 

“Ummm…okay.” I have to go to her room? Shit.

 

“It’s okay.  Just bring the shit and come back down.  It’s on the 3rd floor the first one on the left.”  She must’ve sensed my uneasiness.  I guess it was now or never.

 

Now I’m standing outside her door.  Why am I acting like such a bitch?  Just do it. 

 

I knocked on her door.

 

“It’s open.”  such a pretty voice. 

 

There she was. Her back was facing me.  She must’ve been fixing her hair or something…thank God ‘cause the view was nice.  I didn’t know she was built like that.  She has some really nice legs…and a nice ass…DAMN!  God bless the man who created Daisy Dukes. I better say something before she thinks I’m weird.

 

“Hey…uhhh…Nikki told me to bring this to your room.”  She turned around and looked at me.  She had a tattoo on her thigh.  Very nice. Or was it just nice because I thought she was hot?  Either way, it was sexy as hell.

 

“Oh…okay…uhhh…you can put that right there.” I placed the box on the floor.  I didn’t really wanna leave her room just yet.  Who knows how long it’ll take for her to come downstairs. 

 

“Nice tattoo.”

 

She looked a little embarrassed.  “Umm…thanks.”    

 

“How many do you have?”

 

“Three.”  Three?!

 

“Where are they?”

 

“That’s for me to know and you to find out.” A flirt.  She must not know I’m a master flirt.  I gotta admit she did just get me though.  I hope I’m not red right now.

 

“So when are you gonna let me?” She turned at me like I was crazy.  I guess I must’ve caught her off guard.

 

Then, she just smiled at me. “You’re helping me move in all my crap?” Nice subject change Nat.

 

“Yeah if you want me to.”

 

“Alright.  Let’s go then.” And with that we were walking out of the room.  She didn’t answer my question though.  I guess I’m gonna have to dig deep to get to know this girl.


 

“There they are! Shit y’all long enough. I thought y’all was up there getting DOWN!” Nikki said. This bitch…

 

“No Nikki.  We were talking while I was putting on my shoes.” I had to tell her what Justin said to me while we were up there later.  I’m starting to be more comfortable with him but the shit is still freaky.  He’s a celebrity…a poster on my wall.  And now he’s helping me move into my house.  Crazy ass shit.

 

“Is this yours?” Justin was walking over to me with a box that had ‘NAT’ written on the top.  He must’ve wanted to talk to me. Cute.

 

“I mean…it does say Nat in all caps on it.” 

 

He looked at the box and then at me.  “It’s okay. It’s hot outside.” I said laughing.  “Don’t go upstairs without me because I need to tell you where to put my stuff.”

 

“Yes ma’am.” He said walking toward the door.

 

“Girl…we gotta talk after this.” I whispered to Nikki.

 

“Ooo! Is it juicy?”

 

“You see he’s moving all my shit into my room right?”

 

“You better get it girl.  Don’t be shy either!”

 

“I’ll try.” I went to grab a box from the truck and started to walk inside.

 

“Put that box over there.” He placed the box down and waited for me.  I hope he says something.

 

“So where’d you graduate from?” Yes.  Good job Justin.

 

“Spelman.”

 

“Oh okay.  What was your major?”

 

“Communications.”  I need better answers.

 

“You majored in Communications but you can barely say anything to me.”  I just looked at him because I knew he was right…and sexy. Bitch.

 

I just smiled at him. “Shut up okay.  Don’t judge me.”

 

He laughed. “Seriously.  You’ve been giving me some half-assed answers to my questions.”

 

“I mean…I just met you though.”

 

“So?”

 

“You weren’t Mr. Talkative when you met me yesterday.” Silence.  Just like I thought.  “Like I said, don’t judge me.”

 

“Okay, you got me.  So why didn’t you answer my question?” Because if I did, I’d die.

 

“What question?”

 

“About your tattoos.” Is he really gonna make me answer him?  To tell you the truth, I’d let him see all of them right now but he has to work for that shit…celebrity or not.

 

“You have to work for that.  They’re in secret places.”  Oops…Did I just say that?  It was in my nature to flirt but I didn’t mean to do it this time.  Let me see what he says.

 

“Where can I get an application?” Slick motherfucker. A fellow flirt.  I’ve met my match.

 

“At your local restaurant.”

 

“Are you asking me out?” No…I want you to ask me out dummy.

 

“Do you want to take me out?”

 

“Maybe.” Maybe?  What the hell did he mean maybe?  He was supposed to say yes.  He was not gonna make this easy.

 

“Maybe…good one.” I said smiling as I walked past him to go downstairs.

 

“Wait.” So you’ve come to your senses?

 

“Yes?”

 

“Nice shirt.” He said grinning like a fool.  Punk.

 

I lowered my eyes.  He was winning this little game we were playing. “Boy come bring the rest of my stuff upstairs.”

 

“Whatever you say sweetheart.” I wanted to strangle him and kiss him all at once.  He was really gonna be the death of me.  Were we really just flirting with each other? Nikki would be proud.  I need tell her what the hell just happened.

 

“Hey Justin, let’s take a break.  I’m tired.”

 

“Tired?  But you didn’t do anything.” Shut the hell up. 

 

“What did I tell you before about judging me?”

 

“Fine.  We can take a break.” He said as he walked outside.

 

When I got outside I saw Nikki by the truck. “Nik, let’s take a break.  We gotta talk.”

 

“Sounds good.  Trace. Break. Now.”

 

“Okay.” Trace said walking toward Justin.

 

“Tell me everything. Everytime y’all go upstairs it takes forever for y’all to come back down so I know something good happened.”

 

“We were definitely flirting.”

 

“For real?  I’m proud of you girl!  Ya did good!” Told you she’d be proud.

 

“But he started it though.”

 

“And you continued it.”

 

“By accident.”

 

“No one flirts by accident.  You meant to do it and you know it.”  Maybe subconsciously I did.  It worked though.

 

“Well, he seems to be better at it than I am.”

 

“Awww shoot…lemme find out Superstar got some skills.”

 

“Yup.”

 

“So what’s good? Did you give him the digits? Email? Panties?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because he hasn’t asked me yet.” Why hasn’t he asked me?

 

“Well you better make him ask your ass because I don’t wanna hear you whining tonight about how you were so close.  This is what you’re gonna do.  Bring these last things upstairs with him and then give him the BIZNAZZ!”  How was I gonna give him the business?  I can’t just throw myself on him.  Well, I can but that would make me look really desperate.

 

“I’d look crazy Nik.”

 

“Okay…well…how far did y’all get with this flirting?”

 

“Well he asked about my tattoos…”

 

“See! I told you but you were all ‘Nooooo I don’t want him to seeeeeee’ and look how far it got you.  You gotta trust Nikster.  I got SKILLS!”

 

“ANYWAY!!! He asked where they were and I told him it was for me to know and for him to find out.  Then he asked me when was I gonna let him find out.”

 

“Did you say anytime?!?!?!”

 

“NO! I’m not fast.  I told him he had to work for it.  So he said where can he get an application.  I said at a local restaurant.  Then he asked me if I was asking him out and I asked him if he wanted to take me out and he said maybe.”

 

“Wow…Superstar’s got some game…”

 

“Now I don’t know what to do.”

 

“I say, if he doesn’t ask you, ask him.” Ask him?  I don’t do that. “Some dudes want the girl to take charge and I think this is one of those situations.”

 

“I guess I could.”

 

“You guess? You better!  Don’t let him get away.”

 

I sighed and mentally prepared myself for what I was hopefully gonna do. “Alright…Imma go for it.”

 

“He won’t say no.  Trust me.”  I love how confident she is in me because right now I’m not to sure about how this is gonna fly. 

 

“Okay…I’m going.” No or never Nat.  Do or die!  “Justin! Break time is over.  Let’s go.” That sounded kinda demanding.  Hey…I cover up my lust with brashness.  Just call me Helga from ‘Hey Arnold.’

 

“Damn…yes mother.” He said. Here we go…

 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story