I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off.  I know Nikki must hate me right now but I can’t help it.

 

“NIKKI!!”

 

“What do you want now?” She was tired of my ass.

 

“I wanna wear my hair straight.  I look like a witch! Help me.” I did look like a witch though.

 

Nikki sighed and rolled her eyes at me.  She had been helping me get ready for hours.  You’d think it was my wedding day the way I was acting.  I already had on what I was gonna wear.  It took forever and a day for me to finally settle on an outfit...which ended up being the dress that Nikki picked night for me to wear in the first place.

 

“What you need to do is just sit down.  You have like an hour before he comes here. I’ll do you hair but seriously sit down and shut up.”

 

I really did need to shut up.  But I couldn’t help it.  I was nervous. 

 

“Nik, I’m nervous as hell.”

 

“You’ll be fine Nat.  Just relax because it’ll show on our face.”  I took deep breaths to calm my nerves.  I don’t think I’ve ever been this nervous to go out with a guy before.

 

“Okay girl.  Your hair is done.”  I looked in the mirror and it was exactly how I wanted it; bone straight with a side swept bang.  I think that looked better with what I was wearing.

 

“Thanks Nikki…you saved me.” I said hugging her.

 

“As much as I hated you today, I wouldn’t let you go out looking crazy…people know I know you.”

 

“Awww…look at my baby!” It was only a matter of time before my mom came up here.

 

“Hey mommy.”

 

“You look pretty!”

 

“Thanks mommy….can you do me a favor though?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Don’t let daddy ruin Justin’s life when he comes to get me.”

“I can’t guarantee that but I’ll try.” My dad didn’t give a damn who Justin was.  All he knew was someone was taking his only daughter out on a date. Justin was gonna get the third degree…I know it.

 

The doorbell rang.  It was 7:45.  He was early.  And I know my daddy is gonna answer the door.  I looked at Nikki and my mom.

 

“Please go down there and save him please?” I pouted. They both sighed and went downstairs.  I kept looking myself over in the mirror while waiting for Nikki to come back and let me know if everything was okay.

 

“Girl…your daddy is so crazy!” she said laughing.

 

“OH NO!! What is he saying to him?”

 

“The usual…and then some.  But the good news is you don’t have to change your outfit so hurry up and go downstairs before Justin changes his mind.” I looked at myself again in the mirror. 

 

“Alright girl.  I’m out.  Wish me luck.”

 

“You don’t need it! Make sure you come straight to my room after you get back.”

 

“Sure thing.” And with that I headed down the stairs. 

 


“So, where did you go to school?” This had to be the worst part about going on a date with a girl who lives with her parents – meeting her dad.  Her mom is cool but her dad kinda scares me.  He looks like he’d snap my neck if I brought her back a minute late.

 

“I didn’t, Sir.  I’m a singer.” I really wish Nat would hurry up so we can get the hell out of here.

 

“You sing.  You should try the college thing.  You know Nat just graduated from college.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“So what time will you be bringing my baby back?”

 

“Ummm…”

“Daddy.” Safe! Nat finally came downstairs.  She looked great.  I’ll have to tell her that…when we leave her house and her dad can’t kill me.

 

“I just want to know what time you’ll be back.”

 

“We’ll be back when we’re finished.  Ready to go?” Hell yeah.  “Bye Mommy, Bye Daddy.” She said as she walked out the house.

 

“It was nice meeting you.”

 

“Yeah you too.” Somehow I doubt he meant that.

 

I breathed a sigh of relief once I stepped outside.  Nat was already on the porch waiting for me.

 

“Sorry about that.  I’m the only girl.” She said.

 

“It’s okay.  I’d probably be the same way.”

 

“I guess.  Let’s go.” She said walking toward the car.

 

I went to open the door for her before getting in.

 

“Yo...me and Nik saw your when we first got here. We both agreed that we’d marry it because it’s so sexy.”

 

“Marry it?  That’s a new one.” I said laughing.

 

“So where are we going?”

 

“Some restaurant.”

 

“How specific.”

 

“You look nice.”

 

“Awww…thanks.  You look…okay.” I had to look at her. 

 

“Okay? What do you mean okay?” she was laughing me.  I’m serious though.  I wore my good shoes tonight.

 

“I’m joking.  You look nice.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

I hope this night goes well.

 

“Here we are.”  I turned the car off and got out to open her door.

 

“Thanks.  That’s the first time a guy has actually opened the car door for me.” She said smiling.

 

“Really? That’s…kinda funny.”

 

She smirked a little. “Well, if you think that’s funny, I’ve got a TON of funny stories for you.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story