Author's Chapter Notes:

The story does have some language...hence the PG-13 rating. I started this story back in 2000 about the time my writer's block happened. I've recently gotten my creative spark back...and can write again! (thank god!)

Anyways...I'm rewriting this particular story, as it was pre-Lance coming out...and now him being a heterosexual male seems....well...odd now at least in my stories.

OH! And there is a hint at a f/f relationship, but since it's mostly a Het story, I won't be going into that relationship much. I love constructive feedback, so hit me with the reviews!

“Damn it!" The young woman muttered, spotting her partner. "Nothing is going according to plan!" Checking the clip in her Magnum 47, she prepared to defend her partner, and save the mission. Getting those papers were vital to keeping the secret underground.


The people that they were dealing with weren't what her partner thought they were at all. They had told Mission Control that the people they were dealing with were demons, but they were worse. Watching Mike Thompson deal with the vampires, made Jessica Tawny nervous.


All of a sudden, Jessica was overwhelmed with a sudden sense of dread. The next thing she knew, there were gunshots fired. Running into the parking lot, Jessica saw her partner was down. She fired off a round, ducking and rolling. As soon as she emptied the clip, she replaced it and fired once more. Panting, she stood up. Finding that the two vampires were down, wriggling on the ground. Grabbing the stake she carried with her, she dusted the two vampires, and then checked the briefcase before she called for backup and checked her partner.


"Good god. What happened?" Her supervisor, H, asked.


"Well, to tell you the truth, we were dealing with vampires, not demons." Jessica told her.


"What?" H asked, astounded.


"They were vampires. They wanted the edge to get us there." Jessica said. "I think they were going to try and kill us, make us vampires and infect the rest of the world by us."


H sighed. "Damn." She shuffled some papers on her desk. "I'm going to have to transfer you over to the newest department."


"Huh?" Jessica asked.


"There was a new department created just for this type of thing." H said. "The only thing is you will have to go through a lot of changes to get in. I'm going to have to call Jessa to tell her you are on you're way over to her office."


Jessica stared at her supervisor. "You're transferring me out of the Underground?" She asked, astounded.


"Yes. You are in contact with vampires. Jessa is the head of Guardians. She knows exactly how to deal with vampires."


"You mean she heads a Slayer department?" Jessica asked.


"Yes. She also heads the Council of the Zodiac, and the Council of White Witches." H answered.


"Great. I'm going to be working with a bunch of dorks." Jessica muttered underneath her breath as H dialed a number on her cell phone.


H gave her a look. "Hey Jessa? Yeah, it's Jersey. Listen, I got an agent here who's going to be transferred over to you...I know...she's come in contact with the Lachey Clan...yes...got it...thanks B."


"What?" Jessica asked as H hung up her phone.


"Here's the address of her office. I'm going to call for you're airplane ticket as soon as you leave. Unfortunately, you have to pack up all of you're things. You're moving to Orlando Florida as of now." H said.


Jessica sighed and took the piece of paper that H handed to her. Standing up, she gave her supervisor one last salute before walking out of the Underground. Hailing a cab, she headed home to pack her things. In Kennedy National Airport, Jessica's ticket was waiting for her.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story