There's been a comfortable silence between Celia and I since we left the bar. Amber has been slurring and giggling to herself in the back, singing along with the radio, completely unaware that she's approaching the last few hours of her short life. Celia sits, her gaze set out the window, her long, thin fingers picking unconsciously at one of her nails. I place my hand on top of both of hers, glancing over at her and smiling softly as she meets my gaze. She smiles back, intertwining our fingers as I continue to pull us deeper and deeper into the city, toward Amber's ending.

I pull over a few blocks away and pull Celia out of the car, "We'll be just a second, okay Amber?" She nods and smiles, before waving quickly and returning to singing along with Britney Spears over the radio, "Okay, I'm gonna walk from here so it looks like we didn't come together. I want you to park the car toward the back of the garage, okay? And make sure you keep your hat low, over your eyes baby."

Celia nods, before glancing around slightly, "Okay. What else do I do?"

"Nothing. Just tell the guy at the desk that you're friend got a little drunk and you’re going to make sure she gets settled in." I hand her my extra room key, "Sit here for about twenty minutes or so and then you can head towards the hotel. You got it baby?" I ask, tugging on her hat lovingly, pulling it down a little lower over her face.

She nods and stands to her tip toes, kissing the corner of my mouth a few times, "I love you." She whispers, placing both of her hands on my chest as she stares up at me.

"I love you too girl. Be careful. Be smart. Don't speak to anyone you don't have to, cover your face, and don't touch anything."

I pull her into a hug for a second, then walk back around the car and open the driver’s side door for her, "Amber? I'm going to run ahead and get us a room. If you need anything, just let Celia know, okay? I'll see you in a few."

I close the door behind Celia and take off toward the hotel, shoving my hands into my pockets as my mind begins to wonder. I'm lost in thought as I arrive at the hotel a few minutes later and head inside, waving slightly at the young guy behind the welcome desk. I make a B-line for the elevators and step inside, hitting the thirteen and gluing my eyes to the ground so the security camera catches nothing but the top of my hat. The elevator dings and the doors slide open and I step out onto the quiet floor and stalk toward my room, sliding the card into the lock and pushing through the door once it clicks open. I empty my pockets onto the night stand and head into the bathroom, turning on the sink and letting the water run before dipping my hands underneath the cool stream. I splash the liquid onto my face and repeat it a few more times as the excitement bubbles through my body. God, I am so ready for this.

I let out a controlled breath and stare at myself in the mirror as the water drips off my chin. I'm shaking I'm so excited right now, god damn. Keep your cool, Timberlake. I tend to get a little... overly aggressive with my kills when I've stretched it out this long. I need to keep my cool tonight though, since Celia is going to be here. This might sound fucking crazy but, I don't want to get out of control and have her look at me differently. I don't want to scare her. I don't want her to be afraid of me. So keep your fucking cool Timberlake.

I grab one of the white towels that hang behind me and dab at my face, letting out another deep breath before flipping off the light and heading back into the large bedroom. I sit on the large king sized bed and roll my head on my neck, before popping my knuckles and stretching out my arms and back. I hear a little commotion from outside the door and stand when I hear the key card sliding into the lock. The door pops open and in walks Celia, with a drunk Amber wrapped around her, stumbling slightly before laughing loudly when she collapses onto the bed. Celia and I stand over her, my eyes on Celia, Celia's eyes on Amber and Amber glancing back and forth at the both of us, biting her bottom lip seductively.

"You ladies ready to have some fun?" I ask, smiling that slutty smile of mine.

I know I am.

***

I run my tongue over my teeth as I sit in the arm chair in the corner of the room and watch Amber and Celia go at it. They're all arms and legs and skin as they press their semi naked bodies against each others and smack loudly as they kiss. Celia cups Amber's small but pretty, naked breasts in her hand as she wraps her free hand around her neck, pulling her closer. I groan slightly, readjusting in the chair as my body reacts to the two girls in front of me. Amber is having quite a time as well, sucking on Celia's neck as her fingers go to work in unbuttoning Celia's jean shorts and pulling down the zipper.

Amber wastes no time in removing Celia's shorts, leaving Celia in nothing but her matching leopard print bra and panties. She moves back up to Celia's neck and begins her assault again, causing soft moans and giggles to escape Celia's mouth. I sit up a little straighter as I cock my head to the side, getting an eye full of Amber's beautiful ass, which still dons a black thong, in the air as she kisses and licks her way down Celia's body. Celia writhes beneath her, running her hands down Amber's bare back and squeezing her plump behind, digging her nails into her peach colored flesh.

Celia shrugs out of her panties with the help of Amber, who turns just enough to throw them in my direction before returning her attention on my gorgeously naked wife. Amber rubs on Celia's clit for a few minutes while kissing the insides of her thighs and dipping her fingers inside of her a few times before lowering her lips to Celia's moist center. I stand to my feet and pull off my shirt, only removing my gaze from them long enough to undo my belt and unzip my jeans, sliding them to the floor and stepping out of them. I walk to the edge of the bed, right on top of them and run my fingers over Amber's ass before hooking my finger underneath the thin material of her thong and pull them off in one swoop. I cup her bare behind and smack it lightly, drawing a giggle from her as she continues her assault on Celia.

I flick my eyes up at Celia and my breath is almost taken away by her beauty. Her eyes are shut, her long, dark lashes resting delicately on her smooth skin. Her lips are slightly parted as her ragged breath escapes her chest. Her small hands roam over Amber's head as her fingers pull at her long, red hair. It's a beautiful scene. A hot one too. I forgot how much fun this was with Celia. I've been so busy trying to keep her away from this side of me that I forgot how much fun it is just to watch her. I slide my hand around Amber's hips to her stomach, then inch my fingers up in between the valley between her breasts, roller her right nipple between my fingers slightly. Mmmmmm.

Before I can stop myself, I'm entering her slowly, pushing my full length into her tight canal, letting out a steady breath as my eyes flutter slightly. I hold on to her hips as I begin to move inside of her, her moans mingling with Celia's as they bounce off of the walls. She buries her head a little more between Celia's legs and goes to town while sinking her finger tips into Celia's hips. Celia opens her eyes slightly, linking them with mine. She bites her bottom lip and then slams her eyes shut, letting out a loud groan and I know she's close. Amber is equally as ripe, her body tightening around me with each deep stroke. My own chest begins to tighten as electricity begins prickling in the pit of my stomach. God, this is my favorite part.

I reach in between the mattress and pull out the long chef's knife, groaning slightly as I palm the handle. It’s coming. That one perfect second, where pleasure and pain will collide in this beautiful atmosphere of mine. The girls get louder, Celia's bucking her hips into Amber's mouth as Amber pants like a puppy beneath me. I drop the knife beside her on the bed and slow my pace as Celia hits her peak, screaming loudly as she claws at Amber's pale skin, grabbing her hair and pulling as Amber continues to suck the orgasm right out of her. Curse words spill from Celia's delicate mouth as her body collapses back down on the mattress and a smile spreads across her face as she comes down from her high. I don't waste a moment before flipping Amber over on her back and spreading her legs, hooking them around my waist.

I run my fingers down her beautiful body, circling a dark birth mark just on the inside of her left breast as I slam into her. She holds onto my biceps as a string of inaudible words fall from her pretty lips. As her panting begins to pick up again, her body involuntarily tenses and relaxes around me; her grip on my arms tightening considerably. I lock eyes with my wife as she rubs herself slowly, biting her lip, watching, waiting. A few more thrusts and her tightness is almost unbearable and I almost spill myself into her. I pick up the knife again and place the cool metal against the hot skin of her stomach, startling her. Her eyes widen out of confusion and fear but her body is pushed too far before she can mentally come to terms with what's happening.

She explodes around me, her body flexing and lifting off of the mattress as I draw her orgasm from her. And just as she reaches her full climax, I grip the knife firmly in my palm and slam it into her smooth stomach. I continue to pump into her as she gasps loudly, her green eyes wide, her mouth hanging open. I slam the kitchen knife into her body again and she grunts again, her once tight grip around my arms beginning to loosen as blood begins to seep from her deep wounds. I lock eyes with hers as they glaze over slightly. They flutter as her breaths become slow and staggered, and she twitches slightly as her inner fire starts to snuff out.

The sight of the bright red blood splashed against her pale, soft skin and the glassy look in her eyes sends a deep shiver through my body. I want my Celia. I pull out of the half dead Amber, her arms and legs falling limp and with a soft thud against the mattress, and climb toward Celia, whose back is pressed against the head board, her chest rising and falling harshly at the scene in front of her. We stare at each other for a few seconds, her eyes bouncing between both of mine wildly as her mind races. But when she reaches out, slinking her fingers around my neck and pulls me into a passionate kiss, I know she's okay. I spread her legs and sink into her warm, wet center and begin moving instantly, drawing more moans from her as I pulse in and out of her.

With a few more pumps, Celia hits her climax again, this time pulling me with her. She holds me close to her as we come together, my face cuddled in between her breasts. I plant small kisses along her collarbone and neck as our bodies calm. She runs her fingers through my hair a few times as I lift my head and look down upon her. She palms my cheek as she gazes at me, a peacefulness coming over her as we lay together.

"I love you." I say suddenly, breaking the silence in the room, "Thank you baby." I whisper, dropping my head to her chest again.

She nods softly and whispers back, "I love you Jay."

I'm not sure how long we lay together but I know that I don't want to move from this cocoon of Celia. Her body is wrapped around mine like ivy and I wish we could just stay like this forever but I have some unfinished business to attend to at the foot of the bed. I crawl back down to find Amber is still barely holding on as a few shallow breaths still escape from her lips. Blood has pooled beneath her as it continues to seep from her wounds, slipping down her sides and dripping onto the no longer white sheets. I stand from the bed, slip back into my boxers and walk to the bag I brought along, rummaging inside and finding a pair of latex gloves. I place them over my hands as Celia sits up and begins to change back into her clothes.

"You want me to help with something?" She asks a few minutes later, placing her Dallas Cowboys hat back over her head.

"No baby. I got it from here. You head back to the convenience store a few blocks away. I'll meet you there in about an hour, okay?"

She nods and turns toward the door but I grab her wrist and pull her back into my hard body. I dig my hands into her hair and kiss her lightly a few times, resulting in a soft smile to form on her lips. With a pat on the butt, she leaves, the door clicking softly behind her. Now, time to get down to business. I walk back over to Amber, cocking my head to the side as I admire the fight in this one. A tear slips down her cheek and mingles with the blood beneath her as she fights to stay alive. I lean down and kiss her one last time, my lips lingering for just a second before I straighten up and place my hands around her neck and begin to squeeze.

Her eyes widen slightly but there's not enough life left in her to lift a finger to try and fight against me. The light completely drains from her eyes a few minutes later and she takes one last light breath. I pull back and sigh deeply but smile as I close my eyes and roll my neck slowly. And just like that, the calm and peace that I always find after a kill is back and I feel like a completely new man. A happy man. I pick up her lifeless body and carry it into the bathroom, laying her gently into the bathtub and turn on the warm water as I begin the clean up process. I wash her body and hair completely, ridding it of blood, finger prints and any traces of DNA of mine and Celia's. I leave her in the tub to soak and turn my attention back to the bedroom.

I remove the bloody sheets and plastic from around the mattress, folding them neatly and placing them into the duffel bag. That heavy duty painters plastic is a serial killers best friend, let me tell you. Not a drop of blood made its way to the mattress. I recover the old mattress with the sheets that I bought then begin wiping down ever surface of the room with the Clorox wipes that I brought along. I grab the towels that I had used earlier in the night and shove them in the duffel bag before pulling out the small hand vacuum to make one last sweep to make sure I've collected all of the possible evidence.

When my OCD cleaning has ended, I step back into the bathroom and clean up after myself a little more before placing a new set of gloves over my hands. I drain the water from the tub and remove the still warm body of Amber and carry her back into the room, placing her naked body in the middle of the bed. I dry her off, clip her finger and toe nails and position her as if she just taking a quick nap, before shutting her eyes with my finger tips. I head back into the bathroom and clean out the tub, splashing some Clorox around to remove the rest of any evidence. I dress quickly, placing my hat down low over my eyes before throwing the duffel bag over my shoulder and take one last look at my handy work. Thanks for the fun Amber.

I step out into the hallway, closing the door to Amber's death place and head toward the elevators, shielding my face from the cameras once more. I walk up to the desk, which has been left unattended and I throw my key card onto it and make my exit without anyone noticing. By the time they find the body tomorrow, Jacob Moore will be just a memory. The card that I used for the room and drinks will be declined, and any trace of me or Celia will be gone forever. We'll just be another set of faces that the bartenders, bouncers and hotel clerk will fail to fully remember in any detail. The trail will go cold and the female population of New York City will be safe once more for a few more months.

I make my way back to Celia, who waits calmly for me in the driver’s seat of the car. I walk up to the window and open the door, "I'll drive babe. We need to make a few stops before we head home."

She climbs out and walks around to the passenger’s side as I climb in and take off into the city, stopping by a few random dumpsters and throwing away a few pieces from the crime in each one. We then drive in silence, a soft song playing from the radio as Celia rests her head against my shoulder, our fingers intertwined together as I pull us away from the city and toward the beach. It’s quiet when we get there about an hour later and I reluctantly pull away from my girl as I step out and pull the bloody sheets from the duffel bag. I walk out toward the edge of the water and pull out a lighter, setting the sheets a flame and watches as they disintegrate into the sand. I jog back to the car and pull away, heading toward the bridge that leads us home.

I pull to the side of the road and throw the bag over the side, hearing a slight splash as it hits the water. We pull off without a second thought and head home without a word being discussed between the two of us. We need to talk, just like I told Celia earlier that day but there's always tomorrow. There's an ease between us now that I don't want to ruin. I wish it could stay like this forever but I know that within a few months, I'll be out on the prowl again, looking for another score. But I'll try and push it off for as long as I can, for my baby. We'll live as if this night never even happened but the memories will live on for a lifetime.

Until next time, New York. You sure know how to show a boy a good time.

"I wasn't going to say anything but I guess tonight is as good as any." Celia says suddenly, lifting her head from my shoulder.

"What's up baby?"

She sighs and looks out the window before turning her gaze back to me, "I'm pregnant."

***

I've had a few months to come to terms with the words I'm pregnant. She's five months along now, and with each passing day our baby is getting bigger and bigger. I've never thought about children honestly, I didn't even know that she was fantasizing about a family. But seeing how excited she's become, it's put me at ease about it. I'm still worried about how I'm going to balance my... activities with being husband and now father but I've kept my insecurities to myself. I don't want to take any more happiness and normalcy from Celia. I'll work it out somehow. I'm probably going to have to actually start paying JC for our impromptu phone calls now.

Celia's humming breaks me from my thoughts and I smile warmly at the sight of her flouncing around the kitchen as she makes lunch. Her still small baby bump protrudes slightly from underneath her summer dress. She's so cute. She saunters over towards me and sets my plate in front of me, with a glass of water then sits down next me, resting her head on my shoulder.

"You're not gonna eat baby?"

She shakes her head no, glancing up at me with those big brown eyes, "No. I'm kinda nauseous."

I kiss the top of her head, my hand resting on her protruding belly, "Other than that, how are you feeling baby?"

She looks back up at me and smiles widely but before she can answer, there's a knock at the door. "I'll get it, you sit." I say, standing and pushing away from the table.

Before I reach the door, there's another loud knock, "Alright, alright, I'm coming." I call as I reach the door, pulling it open, "Yes?"

"Mr. Timberlake, I presume? Is your wife home?"

My breath hitches in my throat as I stare back at two NYPD officers and one smaller detective dressed in a suit, "Can I ask why?" I ask, glancing back at Celia quickly as she stands from her seat.

"May we come in?" The detective asks, before the three of them push past me without an answer, "Celia Timberlake?"

"Y-yes?" She responds, stammering as her eyes bounce between the three of them and me.

"What's going on? What do you want?" I ask loudly but they ignore me completely. The two officers step over toward Celia and whirl her around, slapping a pair of handcuffs over her delicate wrists, "Wait a second, what in the fuck are you doing? What are you doing?!" I scream, bounding over towards her.

"Celia Timberlake, you're under arrest for the murder of Amber Russell."

My mouth drops open as the words sink into me, "What?" I whisper in disbelief.

Tears spring to Celia's eyes and they drag her towards the door, sobs pouring from her lips as she screams out for me, "Wait, wait a minute! Justin!"

My mind races as everything begins moving in slow motion around me and Celia's screams become muffled. I cleaned that room top to bottom, like I always do. I cleaned her body; I took everything with me... I.. I don't understand. I don't fucking understand! But I missed a piece. I missed a long, dark string of Celia's hair that must have fallen from her hat as she left the room. One strand of hair that they linked back to Celia from an old arrest when she was barely twenty. I'm usually so careful, I always... I've never left anything behind. Never. And now.. oh god, my Celia. Our baby. What have I done?

I begged and screamed and pleaded with them to let her go, that it was me, and it’s been me all along. But they won't believe me. I have no criminal record so the traces of semen they found didn't find a match in their system. They keep asking about Jacob Moore, if I've ever met him but they just laugh at me when I tell them it's me. They think I'm trying to cover for her, that I'm a grieving husband and father that would do anything to protect my wife. But they don't hear me. They won't. I offer up every ounce of blood, semen, and DNA in my body to prove to them that she's innocent but they refuse. Everything that I've built to protect myself from this very situation is the very thing that keeps Celia locked away. I don't exist to the police. But that one strand of Celia's hair that I left behind does.

I sit in my dark apartment, haunted by her laugh, her voice, her smell and as the world closes in on me, I pray that this is all a dream. But it's not. And I wake up every day after a tortured night of sleep without her.

Oh God, what have I done?

What have I done?


Completed
god gave me style is the author of 19 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked The Secrets We Keep also liked 237 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story