The morning came too quickly. I didn't even realize I was no longer wrapped up in JC's arms anymore. I stretched out, looking for his dress shirt and slipping myself into it. I'm sure he'd get a kick out of me in his clothes. Speaking of JC, where the heck is he? I didn't smell any breakfast or hear the television coming from that angle of the apartment. He wouldn't have just...

...is that a flower petal on my carpet?

My eyes zoomed out on the one petal to notice a trail of more blue flower petals on the carpet, leading out of the room down and curving down the hallway. What in the world was going on? JC's doing of course, but all of this for what reason? Wait...did he make me breakfast? JC attempted to COOK for me? Even though last I remember, putting cereal together was a hassle for him, he tried and did it, anyway? I think I'm going to cry.

"JC!" I called out as I walking down the hallway. I stepped out into the living room, kitchen area. I was being so busy looking around, that I didn't notice JC was standing in the middle of a heart made from the rose petals. I beamed at him, taking a second to look around where he was standing.

"Hey, what's the occasion?"

I watched the smile on JC's face disappear into absolute seriousness. He lowered himself down to one knee. My heart stopped. This isn't me exaggerating, I honestly believe that for three seconds, I was without oxygen. Was he serious? No. No fucking way. There...no, he...he's surely JOKING. Right? Isn't he? It's really hot in here.

JC's trembling hand reach for mine, gently grasping my fingers, while the other hand pulled a navy velvet box from his track pants pocket. Seeing the small box sent me into a complete frozen state of shock. My heart was racing so fast. It was moving faster than I could breathe. I wanted to do everything, but the outrage had me entirely subdued.

"Do you know what the exact moment I things became confusing for me? It was when I was packing to leave for Orlando. I was so nervous about being in a group, and you put on the radio to calm me down. Edwin McCain came on. It was at that moment I learned that you knew how to read me. Not only that, but you cared enough to do so. Do you know the moment I realized that you were the only woman I would ever need? When you told me you don't give out your number before a first date," he chuckled. "I know we've had our ups and downs, and I know I haven't been the greatest guy ever. But, honey, I'm so positive that you've been the most consistent and best decision I will ever make from here on out. I have to make sure I never lose you again, because you're worth so much to me. Zahra Camden....will you marry me?"

I felt lightheaded, my entire body felt like a balloon filled with helium. Was this actually happening to me? JC put that sapphire diamond ring on my finger, and I was in complete awe. Me get married? JC wanted to be my husband? My heart felt like it was caving in, because I'd never felt anything like this before. Wasn't I rushing things? If so, this would be the part where Celeste popped out of thin air to smack me and say I've known JC since I was 13, how the hell am I rushing?

"Marry you?" I repeated. JC nodded, beginning to look anxious. I could physically see the panic arising in him. But he had nothing to worry about. Nothing at all. "...Yes. Joshua Chasez, I will marry you."

It was a wonderful feeling being taken up in JC's arms, accepting love that was pure and honest. Wow. Engaged? Had he been planning this the whole time? DID JUSTIN KNOW ABOUT THIS? I couldn't deny the curiousness inside me. I had so many questions.

"Holy hell, I don't think I've ever been so nervous in my life," JC said, sitting down to catch his breath.

"You and me both. How long have you been...what made you propose?" I asked, hoping I wasn't being disrespectful by doing so.

"That night at the party, everything I felt for you, came back the second I saw you. I hadn't been able to hold a relationship together because I kept wanting something from them only you could give me. Spending time talking and getting to know who you are now made me realize that I didn't have to look for anyone else. I had the perfect person all along," JC explained.

I walked over to sit down on his lap. JC's hands wrapped around my waist, pulling himself closer to me. I felt like complete mush. Hearing JC say things to me I'd always wanted to hear, was hard to swallow once. He said it before, yes, but...not after putting an engagement ring on my finger. Oh my god, how do I tell everyone? DO I tell everyone?

"I can't believe you want to marry me," I said.

"Well believe it. You get to have all of this every night," he smiled. I chuckled, and hugged him tightly.

The relaxation I felt when my response came out so easily, was the most pivotal moment of my life. I let myself, willingly, be given to love and commitment. This was what it felt like to be in love and to be loved the right way. Before I would have been so scared to take this step with JC, and I would have run away. But I want this. I'm excited about this. JC and I grew up and matured so much without one another that it made being together easier.

I made hasty decisions in my life, but I know saying yes to JC was right. Being away from each other for so long made me able to appreciate the best parts about not only him, but us. We had so many things that tied us together: my first time, my first love, and most importantly, our baby that never was. I wanted to go on this journey with him, for better or worse.

I was ready now.

Completed
Nerdily Ingenious is the author of 10 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Lose Myself... also liked 52 other stories.
This story is part of the series, JT, JC, and Me.. The previous story in the series is Siberia. The next story in the series is Los Tres Amigos.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story