Slowly Lance opened his eyes. He heard some voices talking to him, but they didn’t sound familiar. First the light was too bright and he just could see the outlines of a few persons, bending over his face, to look for his condition.

But after a few seconds his eyes accustomed to the light and he could discern the persons around him.

The first one was a young, beautiful girl. She had long brown hair and blue eyes. She had a worried facial expression and was talking to Lance. She moved her lips, but Lance couldn’t understand a word. She wore a purple dress and some light purple gloves.

The second person was an older man about forty something. He had short brown hair, black eyes and a little beard over his upper lip. He wore a blue suit with a black tie and a white shirt under the jacket.

The third person was in the same age as the young girl as Lance could see it. He had a darker skin than the others, but had the same hair and eye color as the girl. He was dressed in a black suit with a tie.

And the last person Lance saw was a little boy. He was about 10 years old, but his behavior was pretty adult. He had short brown hair and blue eyes. He wore glasses and a blue jacket. He talked to Lance like the others did, but in contrast to the other persons, he seemed to be calmed. He had the situation under control. No, that wasn’t a normal 10 years old boy.

Slowly the voices of the people around him got louder and finally Lance could understand what they were saying.

“He woke up” the girl said. Her voice sounded like she was happy, but why? What happened?

“Young man, can you hear me?” the young man in the suit asked.

Slowly Lance nodded and tried to stay up. All four persons pushed him carefully back.

“You can’t stay up now. You are hurt. You must go into hospital…” the other man said.

Lance nodded and closed his eyes again. It took him a few seconds to remember what actually happened. He was in Orlando with the guys. They all dressed up to go to the beach. When Justin went out, they heard a scream. They all ran out to see what happened and then they heard this dark voice saying “There is no escape!” and then they all fell into the deep black whole.

Suddenly Lance jumped up on his feet, bathed in sweat, and gasped desperately, like this were the last few breaths he could take, before he was going to get drawn into the black whole again.

All four jumped away from him, when he did so. They just didn’t expect this reaction.

Both men went pretty fast at Lance’s side and tried to calm him down, but all Lance could think of, was this scary voice in his head.

Finally the paramedics came and gave Lance a sedative shot. He started to breath normal again and let the paramedics doing their job.

“Is he in a good condition?” the young man asked after ten seconds.

One of the paramedics smiled. “He has just a few bruises and the shock. That’s everything. He can go home today.”

The man nodded and sat next to Lance. He gave him his hand and started to talk. “Good morning, my name is Heiji Hattori and I’m the best detective you can find in Tokyo. I have to ask you some questions. Do you feel in the condition to answer them?”

In the background Lance heard, how the other man was protesting against the statement of Heiji.

Confused Lance looked first at the older men than at Heiji. “Actually I have some questions, too. First did you say Tokyo?”

Heiji nodded and looked a bit confused at Lance. In contrast Lance buried his face into his hands and mumbled “Tokyo” into them.

When Heiji wanted to ask his first question, Lance raised his head again and asked himself: “How the hell did I come to Tokyo?”

“You aren’t from here?” Heiji tried to be calm, so Lance wouldn’t be too upset.

“No… I’m from Orlando.”

“Orlando…?” it took Heiji a few seconds until he realized which Orlando Lance was talking about. Shocked he said loudly: “You don’t mean Orlando Florida, do you?!”

All persons who stood around them were facing both men now. That was the first time Lance started to take a look. He was outside, it was night and all people around him wore evening dresses. It seemed like an opening party was celebrated. Lance felt kind of guilty that he ruined the event.

The crowed started to whisper and got unsettled. They talked about Lance that was sure.

“When did you come from America to Japan?” Heiji ripped Lance out of his thoughts.

“Ehmm… When? Actually I even don’t know how I came from America to Japan.”

“What?” Heiji looked even more shocked than he did before.

The other man Lance saw, when he woke up whispered in the Inspectors ear: “I’m sure this guy is crazy. Maybe he ran away from a mental hospital.”

“Mouri, you can’t say that…”

“Why? It’s the only logical explanation.”

Lance sighed quietly. One thing was sure. No one of them would believe him, if he would tell the story.

Now where both adults where talking besides the little boy came and asked in an innocent voice: “Hey you… can I ask you a question?”

This boy again. Lance looked directly in the boys eyes. No, he was definitely not a normal 10 years old boy.

“Sure, just ask me.” Lance put on a smile. Maybe he just fancied it.

“You say you don’t know how you came into Japan. What was the last thing you remember, before you woke up here?”

Lance looked shocked at the little boy. Now he was sure that he wasn’t a normal kid.

“Why are you asking?”

“I’m just curious.”

Lance thought about what he was going to say next a few seconds, before he started to speak again. “How about we stop this little game? You aren’t a normal ten years old boy, so you can stop talking like one.”

The boy ripped his eyes open and froze for a few moments like he couldn’t believe what Lance just said. “I… I don’t know what you are talking about” he tried to talk his way out, but Lance already figured this little game out.

“Stop it. I know that you aren’t a normal guy. But I have no idea who you are. You seem to be really smart and I have a big problem here. One of my big problems is that the story I have to tell is implausible. No one would believe me and I need someone, who can help me.”

The little boy thought about it for a few seconds, before he took Lance’s hand and pulled him apart of the crowd.

“Here we can talk better.”

Lance nodded.

“How did you figured it out?”

Lance smiled. “Your behavior. I have a good insight into human nature and you didn’t act like a ten years old boy.”

The boy smiled weakly. “And are you going to kill me now?”

Confused Lance looked at the boy. “What?”

“The men in black. Aren’t you a part of their organization?”

Lance laughed quietly. “I actually have no idea what you are talking about… let me introduce myself first. My name is Lance Bass. I’m a member of an American boy group called *NSYNC. And you are?”

The boy looked warily at Lance. At the end he sighed and started talking. “My name is Conan Edogawa and I’m a detective.”

“A detective?”

Conan smiled confident at Lance. “When you tell me your story, I tell you mine.”

“Sounds like a deal.” Lance smiled and started to explain the whole story from their plans to go to the beach to the thing with the black whole.

Conan listened carefully until Lance ended his story.

“You know what doesn’t fit into this story? You said you are from America, but you speak the Japanese language like a native. Something’s wrong with your story.”

Lance sighed. “I know it sounds really weird. But I told you the true story. I am confused myself that I can speak Japanese, I know how unrealistic my story is. But that’s why I didn’t want to talk to a normal adult.”

Conan nodded. “No matter if you are saying the truth or not, you are in Japan now and you don’t know where to go, am I right?”

Lance nodded.

“Let’s do it like this. You just say that you lost your memories and I will ask the professor, if you can stay at his place the first time.”

Lance smiled. “Thank you, Conan. Do you like to tell me your story too?”

“Conan? Conan where are you?” Ran screamed out of the crowed. Both men looked up and saw here searching for the little boy.

“Maybe later. Now we have to go I guess.”

Lance smiled at Conan and followed him to the crowed again.

“Where were you? I was worried about you Conan!” Ran said in a punitive way.

Conan apologized and went back to the place, where they found Lance on the floor. Lance followed them unobtrusive. Ran took out a walki-talkie. She talked over it with a man with an American accent.

In the building in front of him stood in big letters ‘K3 OPENING’. That was the reason for the crowd here. They were all celebrating the grand opening of the hotel. Via the walki-talkie Ran told three different men, which rooms should be lighted and at the end the lights built a big ‘K’.

Heiji was standing next to Conan again and said with a big smile on his face: “Now I know what the guys are planning… they want to make a K out of the lights. Really smart.”

A girl next to Heiji, who seemed to be part of the group said confused: “But the employees of the hotel could’ve done that too. I don’t understand why they are doing it on their own.”

Confused Lance looked at the girl. Conan looked up at Lance and poked into Lance’s leg to get his attention.

Lance went down to Conan with a smile.

“You have no idea what they are talking about, are you?”

“Not really” Lance laughed.

“To make it short, there are three real famous sportsmen, who are celebrating the opening of their first hotel here. They are a big wheel here in Japan.”

Lance smiled at Conan and thanked him for the explanation. Then he stood up again.

“Kazuha, they planned it together and now they want to do it together too.” Ran explained to her. Kazuha just shrugged and looked up at the hotel again.

Then a voice came out of the walki-talkie. “How is it Ran? Did we turn on all the lights, we need for our K?”

Ran looked up in the sky and answered: “No there is missing a room on the first floor on the right.

“Ok, I’m on the way.” The voice answered.

“Mike, could you draw the curtain aside?”

Lance saw how a man pulled the curtain away on the third floor.

“Yeah that’s perfect like this.” Ran said smiling. “Ricardo, is everything fine?”

A simple “yeah came out of the walki-talkie and a light in the topmost floor went off.

“Did you mean this room?” The first voice asked and turned on the light in the room.

“Yeah right. Now it’s perfect.”

The crowed was enthusiastic about it and also Lance had to smile about this good idea, when a gunshot interrupted the laughing and talking. Suddenly all were looking up and looked shocked at the window with which broke.

Immediately Conan and Heiji ran into the hotel. Ran, Kazuha and Kogoro followed them asking for Conan to wait. Lance followed them too. He wanted to know what happened and he didn’t want to stay alone outside. Conan was the only person he could trust right now and who would give him a home. They all ran to the third floor and opened the room. It was hard to see something in the darkness, but when they turned on the light they saw a dead person lying on the floor of the hotel room.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story