Author's Chapter Notes:
As always, a shout out to Vicki for betaing this for me. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Lots of drama, in fact, more than usual I'd say ;) 

Delaney was almost exuberant leaving JC’s house later that morning. He’d left the coffee pot on for her with a note on a paper towel next to it that said, “You’re amazing. Can’t wait to see you today. JC.” Delaney had felt like a teenager taking the piece of paper towel and stuffing it in a side pocket of her purse. She was crazy about this man and not since her ex-husband had she felt this way about someone. In fact, she felt more for him than she ever had for Cale.

Driving to work, she sipped on her coffee and as busy as she knew she’d be that day, she could hardly wait to stop by JC’s office and tell him good morning. Last night had been just as amazing as the others with him. They’d had dinner on his patio that faced the ocean and then fooled around like teenagers on his couch before moving to his bedroom. She’d woken up when she heard his alarm go off just mere hours after they’d fallen asleep and even though she was tired, it was worth it.

After she parked her car, Delaney walked in through the back entrance of the hotel, saying hello to random employees who greeted her. She loved working here and the fact that JC was in her life only made it better. She’d thought about possibly breaking the news to Ashley soon and letting her know about the affair with JC. She simply just wanted to talk about him with someone. Maybe it would be ok after all.

Her phone buzzed in her purse and she pulled it out and smiled when she saw the text from him.

Come to my office.

Delaney grinned at the message. She had already been planning on it but the fact that he wanted her there made it even better. She walked down the long hallway to where JC’s office was. The door was opened and he was sitting behind his desk typing something into his phone.

“Hey.” Delaney stood at the doorway and smiled at him.

JC looked up and Delaney noticed immediately that something was wrong. “Close the door,” was his reply. Delaney figured something must have happened at the hotel because JC’s expression was solemn and gave no indication of any sort of emotion.

“What’s wrong?” She closed the door and walked toward him.

JC stared at her for few seconds before he spoke. How could it have been that just mere hours ago this woman had shared his bed and all the while was going behind his back to Justin Timberlake himself? She had nerve, he could give her that.

“Mr. Timberlake was in my office earlier this morning. He filled me in on a little secret you’ve been keeping from me.” JC still showed no expression and Delaney’s heart suddenly started to beat at a rapid pace. She knew exactly what he was talking about.

“JC-“ Delaney started but he raised a hand to cut her off.

“No. I’m going to talk now because I don’t trust a damn thing you say to me anymore.” JC snapped. “How the hell could you do that to me? Did you think you were going to get some sort of a raise if you ratted me out? Did you really want my job that bad?”

“JC, no, of course not. It was—“

“It was stupid of you. Fucking stupid of you.” JC shook his head at her. “You used me. You thought fucking me-literally fucking me- would get you somewhere, didn’t you?”
“It was more than fucking and you know that!” It was Delaney’s turn to snap. “First of all, if you’d listen to me, you’d know that I told Mr. Timberlake before we even left for Ocho Rios!”

JC said nothing, only looked at her in disbelief.

“And I told him because at the time I was having to take care of every single thing because you were too busy with that slut from the coffee shop!” Delaney knew she was raising her voice but she didn’t care. “To be honest –“

“Honest?” JC scoffed. “Honey, I don’t think you have an honest bone in your body.”

“Really? That’s how you’re going to treat me? I forgot I’d even called him, JC! I was so wrapped up in me and you that I-“

“Well, we’re done. I mean it. Whatever it was that we had is over because you are a fucking liar and you only did all of that to promote yourself.” JC’s tone was cold and sharp. Delaney hadn’t heard him talk to her that way since before Ocho Rios. “Mr. Timberlake is going to be calling you later today to offer you the GM position. We’d share it, I guess. In the meantime, I’ll be looking for another job.”

“He fired you?” Delaney could barely get the words out. “I didn’t want him to fire you, I only-“

“No, unfortunately for you he didn’t fire me. He wants us to co-run this place together but I don’t want to work with someone I don’t trust. So I’m trying to find another hotel.” JC looked away from her and back at his phone. “That’s all. You can go now.”

“JC-“

“That’s Mr. Chasez to you. Bye, Ms. Nixon.”

“You won’t even listen to me?” Delaney leaned forward in her chair. In the three weeks they’d been together, she’d seen a side of him that she knew existed and this hard-ass exterior he was putting up was a huge act. She knew it was due to his insecurities and she’d be damned if she let him try and do that with her again.

“I said goodbye.” JC looked up at her and their eyes met. Instead of the loving, blue eyes that she had gotten used to, she was met with a cold stare.

Delaney wanted to say something else. She wanted to defend herself, wanted to make him see that it had all been a huge misunderstanding. But he wasn’t going to listen and she didn’t know if she’d ever see that soft side of him again.

Forcing herself to get up, she walked out of his office and didn’t look back as she left. She felt as though she’d been punched in the stomach and as she made her way back to her office, she could start to feel tears welling up in her eyes. She quickly wiped them away and locked herself in her office for the rest of the morning.

 

In favor of doing the best we can here at The Chancellor, I am pleased to announce the promotion of Delaney Nixon, the Assistant Manager, to General Manager, a position she will share with JC Chasez. Delaney has been with us for two months and in that time has shown great progress and promise. Please join us for a celebratory cocktail hour on the rooftop of Mr. Timberlake’s home tomorrow evening at 7:00pm.

Lance Bass

Human Resources, The Chancellor

 

“Did you hear?” Chris had called Joey the minute he’d received the email from HR. “Delaney’s sharing the GM with JC now!”

Joey had been polishing off a beer stein and placed it down on the bar. “What? What happened?”

“You know what happened. Timberlake found out about all of Chasez’s fuck buddies and knew he couldn’t have that for the hotel so instead of demoting him, he put Delaney as a co-GM. It’s all politics. I don’t know why he didn’t just fire the S.O.B.” Chris swiveled around in his office chair and looked up when he saw Ashley entering his office. “Hey, I’ll see you later. Just wanted to let you know.”

“Thanks, man.”

“I guess you heard?” Chris hung up with Joey and looked at Ashley. “Delaney’s been promoted.”

“I did.” Ashley nodded. “I guess that was all the secrecy at the convention and what’s been up with her lately.” She sat down across from him. “Maybe she’ll start coming around again.”

“I just think she’s been busy with all of this. I’m sure Timberlake had to tell her to keep it secret.” Chris looked at the time on his phone. “Ready for lunch?”

“Yeah, I was gonna see if Delaney wanted to join us.” Ashley stood up and Chris followed her outside. They nearly ran into JC, who was walking down the hall.

“Ashley, shouldn’t you be at the spa?” JC snapped at her, stopping only to give her a glowering stare.

“It’s my lunch, Mr. Chasez.” Ashley muttered and didn’t bother looking at him.

“So why were you coming out of Chris’ office just now?” JC asked, a sharp tone in his voice.

“Because I always meet up with him here. Why is this so important?” It was Ashley’s turn to snap back.

“I think I’d watch myself if I were you.” JC turned on his heel and headed back to his office.

“It’s not just up to you anymore!” Ashley heard herself calling down the hall at him and immediately wished she could take it back.

JC slowly turned and faced both her and Chris. “Yes, you’re right. It’s not just up to me anymore.” It was all he said before slamming the door to his office behind him.

“Are you crazy?!” Chris put both hands on her arms and turned her around to face him. “Why the hell would you even say anything like that?”
“I don’t know what came over me.” Ashley shook her head. “All of the sudden it was just coming out of my mouth and I couldn’t stop it.” Both she and Chris began to chuckle with each other. “Come on, let’s go get Delaney.”

Delaney heard the knock on her door but didn’t get up. She’d been in her office all day doing nothing but crying and figuring out a way to fix everything.

“Delaney? It’s Ashley and Chris. You in there?” Ashley’s voice was muffled behind the door.

“I don’t think she’s there,” Delaney heard Chris say.

When Delaney was sure they were gone, she let out a breath and reached for her last tissue. She’d seen the email about the party at Justin’s rooftop mansion and it had made her cringe. She couldn’t believe how fast her world had just been turned upside down and right now there was no way of going back to how it had been.

Finally, at five o’clock, Delaney forced herself to leave the confines of her office. She glanced down the hall and saw JC’s door was closed. It was all she could do not to walk down there and knock. She stared at it longingly and knew going back to her house she’d be faced with traces of him everywhere. Three weeks had not been that long and she knew that. But in that time, she’d shared a lot with him. It was over now and it was her fault.

 

The view from Justin’s rooftop was exquisite. It looked out over the marshes of Islamorada and the lagoons dotted with yachts and boats. Delaney hadn’t wanted to come at all, but there was no way of getting around it. The damn party was for her after all. She’d worn a simple black and white striped sundress and had pulled her hair back in a messy bun. She sipped on a glass of Pinot Grigio and texted with Ashley, who had promised her that she and Chris were on their way.

Joey had been asked to man the bar that night and people were flocking to it. The line was long enough to wrap around the side of the rooftop and Delaney had been grateful that Joey saw her coming and went ahead and poured a glass of her favorite wine. She still felt numb to all that had happened yesterday. Sleeping had not come easily and only after downing a shot of whiskey and three sleeping pills did Delaney finally relax long enough to close her eyes. Yet, her sleep had been fitful and when she’d woken up, the pit in her stomach reminded her of why she was feeling so down.

She hadn’t seen JC at all in the last 24 hours since he’d dismissed her. They’d done a good job of disappearing from one another and Delaney was grateful that she had managed to not run into him at all that day. She knew it would be short-lived and soon they’d have to find a way to tolerate each other, that is until JC got a new position elsewhere.

Downing the wine, she looked over her shoulder and saw that the crowd hadn’t died down. It was funny – here she was at a party for herself but nobody was really coming up to talk to her. They were only here for the free alcohol. She looked down at her empty glass and walked over to the side of the bar.

“Hey, Joe?” She called out to Joey and he turned around from pouring a dirty martini.

“You done? Want another?” He went to reach for her wine glass but Delaney shook her head.

“Gin and soda.” Delaney replied and Joey just nodded and went back to making her drink.

“I knew she’d be by the bar.” Ashley came up behind Delaney and tapped her shoulder. “What’s the new GM drinking tonight?”

“Gin and soda.” Delaney turned around and smiled at Ashley and Chris. “Glad you could make it.”

“Oh we wouldn’t miss a party in your honor,” Chris said. “Hey, Joey! Throw me a Bud Lite!”

“Dude, do you see the line? Go stand in it!” Joey called back.

“I guess JC is too good for this party, huh?” Ashley mentioned after looking around for the other General Manager. Delaney cringed but gave a good poker face and shrugged.

“Who cares.” She glanced over at the bar just in time to see Joey walking over with her drink. “Here you go. I’ll hopefully be over to talk to you guys later. I gotta wait on a few of the other guys to get off work from the bar so they can take over.” Joey reached over and gave Delaney a quick hug. “Congratulations. I’m really glad you’re gonna be the other GM.”

“The nicer GM you mean.” Chris spoke up and then eyed Joey. “Seriously, dude, just grab a Bud Lite and hand it to me.”

“Timberlake doesn’t do domestic beer. I’ve got Heineken, Stella, Corona, and some German imported beer that I can’t even pronounce.” Joey went back behind the bar and began to toss together different drinks while he talked to his friends.

“Give me the unpronounceable German beer.” Chris replied. He turned to Delaney. “So, what’s your first order of business going to be? Firing JC?”

Delaney hated that JC kept being brought up. Every time he was mentioned, she could feel her skin crawl and wanted to change the subject.

“Ha, no. I’m not going to fire him.” Delaney sipped on her drink. “I don’t know. Honestly, this all came up pretty fast.”

“You mean this isn’t what you were dealing with in Ocho Rios?” Ashley asked.  “I thought for sure this had to do with that. You guys were gone the entire conference almost.”

Delaney tried to prevent herself from blushing and was thankful that the evening was yielding itself to the moon and the darkness didn’t allow her face to really be seen.

“Um, yeah, that was a whole other issue. It’s resolved now.” Delaney knew that was true. Resolved was a nice way of putting that it was over and done with.

As the night wore on, Delaney found herself in conversations with different higher ups in the company. She’d not really talked much to Lance Bass and his husband nor had she really had any dealings with Justin Timberlake himself. She’d had more gin and soda’s than she could count and was enjoying the buzz she was starting to feel.

“Oh shit.” Ashley groaned and tapped Delaney’s arm. “Don’t look now but Señor Jerk is coming over here.”

Delaney had just thrown back her fourth gin and soda and looked over to see JC heading towards her, Ashley, and Chris.

“Nice of you to make an appearance,” Ashley muttered under her breath and Chris squeezed her hand.

“Hi, Delaney.” JC was drunk and Delaney could already tell by the glassy look in his eyes. “Am I interrupting?”

“No, just glad you decided to come.” Ashley couldn’t help herself even though Chris audibly groaned in response to her statement.

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” JC hadn’t taken his eyes off of Delaney. In his drunken state, she was still beautiful. The dress she was wearing clung to her in all the right places.

If only she hadn’t been a liar.

“Are you enjoying yourself?” He was speaking to Delaney now and ignoring everyone else around them.

“I am. It’s a great party.” Delaney cleared her throat. “Excuse me, I’m gonna go get another drink.” Delaney left the group and headed back to the bar which was just as crowded as it had been at the beginning.

“You back for more?” Joey was still manning the bar. “Gin and soda?”

“Just a shot of tequila.” Delaney smiled and tried not to show how drunk she was starting to feel.

“Oh. Wow. Ok, then.” Joey poured a top shelf brand into a shot glass and handed it to her.

“Make that two.” JC was standing behind Delaney now.

“What are you doing?” Delaney snapped and turned her head.

“I’m toasting with you.” JC said through gritted teeth.

“Why are you here?” She was holding onto the shot glass but had yet to throw it back.

“To congratulate you, baby.” JC nodded his head at Joey when he was handed the shot glass.

“You were pissed off at me yesterday. Remember?” Delaney walked away from him, but JC followed her. She was trying to get rid of him and turned a corner that led to a bathroom, complete with a shower and a telephone by the toilet.  Just as she was shutting the door, JC pushed on it and they were standing face to face in the bathroom together.

“Get out!” Delaney hissed at him.

“You still have your shot.” JC gestured towards the shot glass she held in her hand. “Come on. Let’s drink to your new job.”

“I don’t want to!” Delaney turned away from him and tried to head for the bathroom door. He stood in front of it.

“Oh come on, it’s the least you can do!” JC was inches away from her face now. “Drink up. Come on. To you, Delaney. Best fuck I’ve ever had and best new GM that hotel will ever see.”

He was being sarcastic and Delaney knew it.

“I hate you!” She pushed him aside and as she did, tripped and fell into his arms.

“I hate you, too.” He looked down at her and smirked. Delaney tried to free herself but the way he was staring at her only made her want him more.

“I have to go.” She stood to her feet but was still balancing her arms onto his.

“So go.” JC backed her into the counter.

“You’re not making it easy.” Her voice was caught in her throat. They stared at each other for what felt like a long time but had only been a mere second or two.

“Delaney.”

“What?”

JC kissed her. It was fierce and fiery and Delaney didn’t fight it.

“Get up on the counter.” He growled into her ear.

“We can’t do it!” Delaney whimpered, shaking her head but hopping up on the counter anyway.

“I can’t get enough of you.” His hand was pushing her dress up to her waist and he hovered over her.

“JC…what…is this?” She was gasping for breath. He was suddenly going at her hard and she wasn’t stopping him.

“Just…shut…up.” He groaned into her mouth and drove his length in and out of her. Delaney clung to him, trying her best not to fall off of the bathroom counter. They both should have known it couldn’t last. They were addicted to one another.

 

“I’ll be back. I just need to go to the bathroom.” Ashley told Chris. “And where the hell did Delaney go off to?”

“She was at the bar I thought.” Chris chugged the last of his beer. “Speaking of, I’m getting another drink. You want one?”

“Sure.” Ashley waved to him and went around the corner to the bathroom.

 

“Come for me baby. Come for me hard.” JC growled into Delaney’s ear as he roughly circled his fingers around her clit. “You’re so fucking wet, D. I know you want to.”

“Mmph!” Delaney couldn’t form a sentence. She was intoxicated but very turned on and on the brink.

“Oh my god!”

Delaney gasped and looked over to see Ashley standing in the doorway of the bathroom.

“Shit!” JC stumbled away from the counter and fell over into the shower.

“What the hell, Delaney?” Ashley had her hand over her mouth and was looking at Delaney in disgust.

“It-um-it’s not at all what you think-“ Delaney wished she hadn’t started off that sentence in that way because it was exactly what Ashley thought. Any idiot could see that’s what it was.

“Close the door, Ashley!” JC barked at her and Ashley, who was quite in shock, slammed the door shut and stood on the other side not knowing whether to run back to Chris or wait for Delaney’s explanation.

“Bathroom occupied?” asked a familiar voice. Ashley turned to see Mr. Timberlake standing behind her.

“Uh, yeah. Yeah, it is.” Ashley cleared her throat.

“Huh. Too bad. I’ll just go downstairs, then.” He nodded at her and just as he was leaving, the door flew open and both Delaney and JC stumbled outside.

“Ashley, you have to listen to me. That was, um, it was…” Delaney was hoping her answer would have been better but so far it was sucking and she knew it.

“Delaney? JC? You okay?” Justin asked them and they both tried to feign as much innocence as they could possibly muster.

“Uh, yeah. Yeah, boss. The, um, the toilet was clogged and so I had to help her with that. The toilet.” JC was stuttering over his words and Justin was looking at him as though he had lost his mind.

“Really? Does the clogged toilet involve your fly being down?” He motioned towards JC’s zipper which was unzipped and his boxer briefs on display. “Or your dress caught in your thong?”

Delaney blushed and pulled her dress out of her underwear.

“Let me get this straight,” Justin eyed both of them, then Delaney. “You call and tell me this guy’s fucking everything that walks. You want to tell me that’s not what was going on in there? Cause I know what it looks like. I’ve been with this guy when he gets with women. And you two look like you’ve just fucked each other’s brains out.”

“Uh, sir, it, was-“ Delaney started but JC cut her off.

“Yeah, we were. That’s exactly what it was. In fact,” he looked at Ashley, “that’s what we were doing the whole time in Ocho Rios.”

“JC!” Delaney hissed.

“Oh give it up, Delaney. It’s not like it matters anymore.” JC blew her off and then turned back to Ashley. “Yeah, we basically fucked the whole weekend at the convention. That’s why you never saw her. And since we’ve gotten back that’s all we’ve done after work.” He looked at Justin. “But I never knew she was going to go behind my back about it. She should have known she was the only woman I wanted.”

“JC, you know that’s not how-“ Delaney started but JC continued.

“Anyway, it’s over. I just wanted one last little fling. You can understand, can’t you, sir? I mean, you’ve got your little woman up in Miami. We all need to let off once in a while.” JC knew he’d crossed a line. He was about to lose everything.

“Get your things and clean out your desk.” Justin was calm but clearly perturbed. “You’re done.” “Yes sir.” JC gave a mocked salute and trudged off in the other direction.

“As for you,” Justin turned to Delaney, “I’m not doing anything tonight. This party is supposed to be for your promotion. It’d be a shame to tell everyone it’s really a farewell party.”

Delaney gulped and couldn’t talk. Too much was going on at once. “So, enjoy your party, Ms. Nixon. But I think you should probably start looking for a new position, too.” Justin turned and walked away, leaving Delaney alone with Ashley.

“Is what he said true? Were you really with JC that whole time?” Ashley asked Delaney.

Delaney closed her eyes and let out a sigh, then nodded. “Yeah. It’s true.”

Ashley said nothing for a few moments. Then, “I’ve gotta get back to Chris.”

“Um, Ashley, are you pissed at me?” Delaney dared to ask.

Ashley had started to walk off but turned around to look at Delaney. “Yeah, I am. You lied to me. To all of us. I don’t think I can trust you anymore. I mean, I don’t know what exactly is happening but by all accounts, it certainly does look like you were trying to get to the top by any means possible.”

“Ashley, that’s not what happened. JC and I, I don’t know, it just happened out of nowhere and then we couldn’t stop. I never wanted any sort of promotion or anything else. I told Mr. Timberlake before I started dating JC and-“

Dating JC? You were dating?” Ashley looked completely baffled. “Sleeping with him is one thing but you guys were a thing?”

“I…yeah. Yeah, we were. Until yesterday when all the shit hit the fan.” Delaney sighed.

“You mean, you guys have been dating since the convention and you hid that from all of us?” Ashley backed away from Delaney. “I’m sorry, Delaney. But I need to walk away now. This is way too much to process.”

“Ashley-“

“Bye Delaney.”

Delaney stood there at the bathroom door trying to let it all sink in. She’d arrived at The Chancellor two months ago with no friends to speak of and starting alone. And now she was alone once again.

Chapter End Notes:
Did you enjoy? Leave a review!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: oral kitchensex jealous hotel phonesex desksex jc justin moodyjc friendswithbenefits joey chris alternate universe alternateuniverse cheaterjc lance enemiestolovers enemiesturnedlovers