Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you enjoy this one!
“Ari?” JC calls out as he pushes open the door to her apartment. Hearing no answer he kicks off his shoes and drops his keys into the small bowl near the door. He looks around the apartment and still seeing her nowhere in sight he walks over to the bathroom door, “Babe?”

“In here. I’ll be out in a few.” He hears her answer through the door.

He smiles and walks away from the door to makes his way back toward the kitchen. He grabs a cold bottle of water from the fridge and on his way to the couch notices a large open box on the table. He glances at its contents and smiles.

Care package.

Try as he may not to be nosy, his eyes dart over a few things in the package: he can see two large bags of chips labeled as being ketchup flavored, a few pairs of funky colored socks, a Tupperware container and a small photo album. He starts to walk away when he also notices an opened envelope on the edge of the table upon which rests an invitation:

Two lives, two hearts
joined together in friendship
united forever in love
It is with joy that we,
Samira MacIntosh
and
Nicholas Anderson
invite you to share
in a celebration of love
as we exchange our marriage vows
Saturday, the twenty-seventh of September
two thousand fourteen
four o'clock in the afternoon
Anderson Family Cottage
887 Stanley Road
Margaree Harbour, NS


He smiles as he reads the invitation and then makes his way to the couch. He drops onto it and puts his feet up on the coffee table while using the remote to turn on the TV.

Her brother is getting married in a little over a month.

He remembers her mentioning this fact vaguely before but he hadn’t really thought about it. Would she ask him to be her date? They’d been together for a couple of months now; had known each other for a few more. Was he ready to meet her family?

“JC?” He hears her call out and turns on the couch to look back toward the bathroom door which is cracked open slightly, “Promise you won’t laugh?”.

He chuckles, “I’ll do my best?” He answers as he watches the door shut again. He grabs his water bottle and untwists the cap. He takes a sip and turns again when he hears the door open once more. He watches her walk out of the bathroom wearing the tackiest brown dress he’s ever seen: it is obviously too big as well as too long for her, it has puffy short sleeves and she looks absolutely devastated to be wearing it. His eyes water as he tries to cover his chuckle with a cough, which actually turns into a real cough when the sip of water goes down the wrong pipe.

“So it is as bad as I think it is?” She groans and shakes her head slowly as she looks down at herself.

Absolutely horrible.

“Um, well. You know…” He stutters and clears his throat, “Are we going…somewhere?”

She’s the one who laughs first, shakes her head and walks forward to the couch. She drops onto it in a huff and a whisper of fabric.“No way…I can’t believe that Sami wants me to wear this fucking thing!” She groans, looking down at herself in the dress.

JC is laughing softly as he reaches out to tug at one of the puffy sleeves “Well…it certainly is…something.” He smirks at her and she rolls her eyes.

She laughs again and sighs “Maybe you know a good seamstress?” She asks glancing at him hopefully.

Or an incinerator.

“I could make a few calls…” He answers and leans over to kiss her warm cheek. “So this is your dress for your brother’s wedding?” He asks, leaning back against the couch again and taking another sip of water.

“Unfortunately, yes. I’m a bridesmaid for Sami, we’ve known each other since we’ve been kids and well, she’s marrying my brother.”

“Have they been together for a long time?”

“About 15 years.” She answers and reaches for his water for a sip. He hands his bottle over.

Fifteen years? Wow.

“Yeah, they started dating in High School and split a few years after graduation because my brother was being a dick and didn’t want to settle down yet. It didn’t take long that they got back together and have been ever since.” She takes a sip of water and hands the bottle back to him. “So, wedding in a few weeks.”

He nods and sets the remote and bottle on the table. “So you’ll be heading home when?”

“A few days before the wedding, I promised I’d take some engagement pictures for them since I won’t be taking the wedding ones. I’ll be around to help set up and get everything ready for the wedding at the cabin.”

Ask her.

JC scratches the back of his head and clears his throat somewhat nervously, “So um…do you have a date for the wedding?”

He watches as she bites her lower lip and her cheeks redden again.“Um, well no. I sort of wanted to ask you, but I wasn’t sure if I should. First of all it’s quite a trip and second of all, you’d be meeting my family.”

“Would you like me to meet your family?” He asks quietly, his eyes finding hers.

“I-Of course. I just didn’t know if you’d think it was too fast or-"

He chuckles and shakes his head, “I’d love to meet your family if you’re ready for me to do that.” He matches her smile when she nods her head quickly. “Okay then, it’s settled. I’ll go with you.”

She leans forward and presses her lips to his before caressing his cheek gently with her hand. “That makes me really happy.” She whispers and then kisses his cheek with a satisfied giggle “I just have to warn you first…you may have a few fans that will be crazy happy you’re there.”

“Oh?” He smirks.

“Yeah well Sami and I, as well as a few other of the girls our age that will be there, were also fans back in the day. They have no idea who I’m really dating.”

“You haven’t told them?”

“No. They know I am dating a great guy from LA, that his name is Josh-“

“That he’s incredible in bed?” He cuts her off and wiggles his eyebrows teasingly.

She laughs and shakes her head, “No, I haven’t told my mother and father that you are incredible in bed.” She smacks his shoulder, “I did tell them that you were in the music business though.” She shrugs her shoulders, “I’ll have to let Sami know before we show up there though, or else she’s going to kill me.”

JC laughs and shakes his head, “You know honey, you don’t have to hide everything because you’re scared that I’ll think you’re dating me because of who I am. We’re way past that.” He squeezes her thigh affectionately and is rewarded with another smile and nod.

She stands and turns to him, “Are you hungry? I was thinking we could stay in tonight and make something together?”

“Yeah, that’s fine with me. Show me what you want me to do.”

She looks down at her dress disdainfully once more, “I’m going to go change out of this atrocity and then we can start making dinner.” She smirks at him playfully, “You sure you still want to be my date if I look like this?”

He grins and shrugs his shoulder, “You won’t be wearing it later that night, so it’s fine with me.” He winks at her suggestively and is rewarded with another laugh.

He watches her as she makes her way back to the bathroom and shakes his head; he definitely remembers how it was when someone else was picking what he was wearing whether it was great or heinous. As he is remembering different outfits from events long ago, her landline rings loudly causing him to jump.

“Can you answer that? I’ll be right out!” He hears her call out from the bathroom.

He reaches for the phone and picks it up, “Hello?”

At first there is nothing on the other end but then a woman’s voice asks uncertainly, “Um…this is Arianna’s right?”

He smiles, “Yes, it is. She’s indisposed for the moment but I can take a message or if you want to wait a few minutes she’ll speak with you.”

“Oh. This is Josh?”

“Yes, it is. Who am I speaking with?”

“Sami…Samira. Her sister-in-law to be. It’s nice to finally speak with you; we’ve heard nice things about you.”

“Same here. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding, we were just talking about it a few minutes ago.”

“Will you be coming with her?”

“Yes, I will. It will be nice to meet her family and friends.”

“That’s great! Ari’s an awesome girl and we just want her to be happy. She seems really happy to be with you.”

JC feels his heart tighten slightly at the words and a smile broadens on his lips, “She makes me happy as well.”

“Good. Talking about happy, how did she react to the dress in the box?”

Gah. Honesty or no honesty. I don’t want to make enemies before I make friends…

“Well…she…reacted…” He stutters for a moment before he hears loud laughter at the other end of the phone.

“She fell for it! I would never in a million years make her wear that, I just saw it at a garage sale a few weeks ago and figured I’d play her a little bit. There’s a magazine at the bottom of the box where I folded a few pages for her to look at and pick one that she likes. It should only take a week or two to order it and then she can have it altered before the wedding.”

JC laughs as well and shakes his head, sounds like something one of his boys would do with him. He liked Sami so far. He hears the bathroom door open and Ari makes her way toward him wearing a pair of lounging pants and a tank top.

“She’s back now if you want to speak with her, it was nice talking to you.” He says before handing Ari the phone with a smirk. He crosses his arms and watches as Ari says hello and speaks with Samia few moments before she yells, “You bitch!” and laughs.

He chuckles as he watches her react, her eyes are alive with laughter, her lips are spread in a large smile as she speaks with her friend.

“Well if you’re going to be a bitch, I’m going to be a bigger one.” She smirks and winks at him, “You know Josh you were just talking to? Are you at my parent’s house right now? Go upstairs to my bedroom.” She waits a few moments then adds, “Okay, close the bedroom door and look at the poster there. Yeah, you remember that one? So let me describe Josh to you. He has gorgeous blue eyes, short dark brown hair, the body of a god…” She laughs, “Joshua ...full name of someone with two initials….”

He hears a shriek come from the other end of the phone and laughs with her, “By the way, may I add he is as good in bed as he is a singer and dancer….”



Chapter End Notes:
Hope you liked it! Just a little fluff, let me know in a review!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: phonesex boyfriendjc showersex jc producerjc