He sat in an oversized black lazy boy recliner. The room was silent, except for the steady drumming his fingers were

doing on the arm rest.

His eyes, though aimed on the white door infront of him, were lost deep in thought.

It had been awhile since he'd toured, and to do it all again with this new opening act kind of gave him a sense of uncertinty. For one thing, the music was far beyond
different. Their appearences and attitudes couldn't be more opposite if they tried.

A long sigh escaped his lips and he pinched the bridge of his nose with his fingers.

3 hours till show time. He still hadn't eatten.

The thought of food caused his stomach to growl. Taking this as a sign, he got up from his chair and gave himself one look over in the mirror next to him.
Pleased with what he saw, he then gave a confident nod to the reflection, then disappeared out of his dressing room.

--------


"What is that?" Jon questioned as he pointed to a tray with some sort of yellow colored food on it.

"I think it's corn." Spencer suggested while grabbing a bread roll and tossing it onto his plate.

"How can that be corn? It's all smashed and disgusting." Jon made a face then put a spoonful of mashed potato's on his own plate.

"Why don't they ever have taco salad?" Brendon sighed, cutting in line infront of Jon.

"Excuse you, please go to the end of the line where you belong." He glared.

"But there's no chicken at the end of the line." Brendon smiled, while placing two drumsticks onto his plate.

"This reminds me of the school cafeteria." Spencer stated. "We get in line,get our food,eat it, and then go back to work."

"And just like in the school cafeteria, someone is always cutting." Jon glared again.

Brendon gave them an eye roll and quickly grabbed a gatorade then hurried over to sit where Ryan was sitting.

"Things were getting dangerous over there." He explained while opening his Gatorade.

Ryan simply shook his head and then placed a spoonful of chicken noodle soup into his mouth.

Brendon watched him curiously while peeling a peice off of his bread roll and dipping it into his mashed potato's before placing it into his mouth. "What are you
writing?" He asked curiously.

Ryan looked up at him again and then placed his pen down. "Nothing, just ideas." He shrugged.

"Ideas for what?"

"Ideas...just idea's for songs."

Brendon nodded in understandment.

The "Lunch Room" as it was called was already beginning to empty out. Crew members,band memebers, back up dancers and singers all began heading to
either set up the stage or to wardrobe.

Jon and Spencer sat down at the same table as Ryan and Brendon. Their late lunch was due to the fact that they spent most of their day
seeing the sights of San Francisco. They'd gone from the golden gate bridge, to the water front, then for a trolly ride downtown.

But they wern't the only ones having a late lunch though it seemed.

Brendon's eyes wandered curiously over to the entrance of the room. The instant they landed there, the instant his eyes became wider.

"Stop starring." Jon mummbled as he tried to avoid looking in the same direction Brendon was.

"So the guy likes to eat alone." Spencer observed as he watched Justin out of the corner of his eye.

"Where do you think he will sit?" Brendon whispered.

"Oh shut the hell up already." Ryan demanded rather loudly. "You're acting like fucking school girls. Why don't you go over there and ask him to
sign your fucking breast."

The other three looked at him in amazment. Not so much to the fact that he'd said anything, but more to the fact that he'd said it loud enough
that unless you were deaf, you couldn't have missed what he'd just said.



Justin held his plate in his hand and slowly turned to face the small group.

His expression was some what blank as he carefully walked over and sat at the table behind him.

They watched with curious eyes.

"Like he said, do you want me to sign one of your fucking breasts or what?"

The comment snapped them all back into reality as they quickly looked down at their own trays of food.

"Well, I'm going to go get dressed." Ryan sighed as he got up from his seat.

"Me too." Jon and Spencer chimed in usion as they grabbed their plates and followed Ryan.

Brendon stayed put. He pushed his mashed potato's around with his plastic fork.

This time it was Justin who was watching him with curiosity.

"So, what are you in this for? The girls?Money....fame? Or...all of the above?" Justin questioned.

Brendon looked up at him and raised his eyebrow. "Neither? I don't care about that shit. I just...like music."

Justin let out a loud laugh and shook his head as he took a drink from his water bottle.

Brendon gave him a bit of an offended look. "Did I say something funny?"

Justin's side smile stayed on his lips. "No, it's just I haven't heard that type of answer in a long time." He addmited.

"Aren't you in all this for the same thing?" Brendon asked.

He gave him a shrug and took another drink from his water bottle. "Sure kid." He nodded. "We all start out that way you know?"

Justin picked up his tray and took it as he took a seat directly next to Brendon. "We all come into this business oblivious and innocent."

"Yeah yeah I know what you're getting at." Brendon cut in. "That at first it's about the music and then it's all about getting laid and partying and buying
Bently's and huge ass beach houses in Malibu." He gave him an eyeroll.

Justin continued to look at him with amusement. "Isn't it though?"

"Only to stupid ass pricks who let fame get to their fat heads." Brendon shrugged.

"Wow....you are a genius." Justin praised. His tone was dripping with sarcasam. "You think you know it all don't you? You think you're just
going to breeze on through this whole joy ride and stay the same little innocent kid that you are now."

"I'm not a fucking kid." Brendon stated.

"Oh forgive me, younger youth I meant to say." Justin smiled.

Brendon was far from amused by this guy by now.

"Hey but maybe you'll get lucky." Justin continued. "Maybe you wont make it at all, and you'll just be nobody's and be able to live happy normal lives.
And maybe....just maybe fame wont ruin you."

"Are you saying it ruined you?"  Brendon dared to ask.

Justin stayed quiet, his gaze locked on the table infront of him. He said nothing, but his sad expression said enough without words.

"I can't believe you're even complaining." Brendon snorted. "You're Justin fucking Timberlake. You have it all."

"I'm not complaing asshole I'm simply telling you to enjoy your fucking freedom while you got it cause as soon as you start to rise to the top, you better
fucking be prepared for the hard ass crash your going to make once you fall off." With that said he picked up his tray with food on it that he
never touched, and tossed the whole thing into a trashcan before walking down the hallway and out of sight.

Brendon sat in silence for a moment. His fingers drummed on the table and he let out a breath of air before getting up himself
and heading down the hallway to his own dressing room.
 

Incomplete
distructivedesires is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Almost Famous also liked 112 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story