Katie and Amy finished up with the last of the patrons then started cleaning up, helping to closed down the dining room getting it ready for the next day. It didn't take them long doing it together. They had quickly become a great team. 
When their shift was done, John divided up their credit card tips and kicked them out for the night. 
The two girls walked to the elevator and made their way downstairs to leave. Katie couldn't believe the tips she had made. It made her slightly confident that she could make it. Overall it had been a good first shift...besides Jc. Just thinking about him made her skin get goosebumps. That man did crazy things to her and she didn't know a thing about him. 
"Night Katie see you tomorrow," Amy called walking the opposite direction. 
"Night Amy, thanks."
"Be safe."
"You too." 
Watching her leave, Katie pulled her phone out and sent a text to her best friend. 
"Girl wait tell you hear about my night."
She got a reply back fast. "Ooh sounds interesting. I'm all ears."
"How was school today?"
"Don't go asking about my day when you obviously had a much more interesting one."
"I need to have a drink before I go telling you. I'm walking to a bar."
Jc watched from his spot in the dark. She was walking by herself. Was she insane? It was past ten at night in Chicago. Anger quickly rolled through his body. His fist tightened into balls. He couldn't help himself from following her. 
Katie walked into one of her favorite bars. She had come her several times when she had visited Chicago in the past. It was busy, people standing around drinking, laughing, and talking. Moving herself to the bar, she raised her hand getting the bartenders attention. 
"What can I do for you sweetheart?"
"Shot of tequila and a bud light."
"You got it." 
Taking her phone out she sat down on the stool. 
"Alright so here it is. First day went alright."
"But..."
"There was this really HOT guy. God he was gorgeous. Whenever I got anywhere near him I couldn't do anything. It was ridiculous. I was ridiculous. I spilled water on his lap. I was so stupid." 
"Here you go." The bartender said placing her drinks in front of her. 
Taking her wallet out she handed him the money. "Thank you."
He nodded then walked away. Katie picked up the shot and threw it back. It burned as it ran down her throat. Quickly she took a drink of her beer. 
"Did you speak to him or just spill water on his lap?"
Katie rolled her eyes. "Oh yea I spoke to him. He told me his name and I said it was cute. Cute! Dear god I wanted to crawl in a hole and die. I just blurted it out. So humiliating."
"Oh my god Katie! That's so classic you."
"Yea thinks. I just can't believe I did that. Hopefully I won't have to see him ever again."
"I hope you do. I get good stories."
Katie shook her head at her friend. "Thanks." 
"Where are you at?"
"The bar having a drink. I'll need to go wait for the train."
"Oh sounds fun. How's the place you're working for?"
"Girl I'm working for the billionaires."
"Money, money, money," she sang through text. 
"You're telling me. I had great tipstonight. It's going to be nice."
"Well good I'm glad. Sounds like you had a great first night even though you embarrassed the hell out of yourself."
"I did. Hoping for better tomorrow night. Alright, I've got to go catch the train."
"Call me tomorrow and let me know if mister hot man is back."
Katie groaned. "I will."
"Be safe Kate."
"Will do. Bye."
"Bye."
They hung up and Katie finished the last swallow of her beer then left.
Jc sat at the booth at the back of the bar and watch her leave. He followed behind. He didn't want to act like a stalker even though that's pretty much what he was doing. But all he wanted to do was make sure she was safe. For some reason unknown to him he felt the need to do it. It was late at night in a big city and she was by herself. 
He watched her closely. Everything in him became fire. He wanted her. The hardness in his pants told him too. What was it about this girl? He had never experienced this before.
The train was almost empty when Katie walked on and sat down. Pulling a book out of her purse she started reading to pass the time. 
Jc sat far enough away so she wouldn't notice him. He watched as she read then looked up to see what stop they were at. The way she sat he could tell that she was tired. He wondered where she lived. Did she live alone? That thought made him nervous. He hoped it was in a safe area otherwise he was going to have a hard time leaving. 
A few more stops Katie thought to herself. Then a short walk and she would be home. A long hot shower was waiting for her. After that she would be able to crawl into bed. Putting her book away she stood up and waited by the door. 
Jc wasn't just watching her though, he was watching the guy at the other side of the train. He was watching Katie. His lip curled and his fist tightened. No one should be able to look at her. She was his. 
The train stopped and Katie walked off, jolting him out of his thoughts. He walked out the same door only seconds later. To his relief the guy didn't follow. 
It was only a short walk to the small apartment. Relief flooded him knowing the area was a safer one from a lot in Chicago. But still she shouldn't be out by herself. 
He watched as she took her key out then unlock the front door, disappearing behind it. Looking around, he figured out what street and address he was at then called his driver. 
"What are you doing way out here sir?" Bill, his driver asked when he arrive thirty minutes later. 
"Checking up on something." 
Bill knew not to press anymore. He put the car in drive and headed towards home. When Jc walked into his loft, he suddenly felt lonely. His large and open place was missing something. And Jc knew it was her. 
His place, he never really considered it home, was on the top floor of one of the largest buildings in downtown Chicago. He had a perfect view out of his ceiling to floor windows of Lake Michigan and the surrounding lights of the city. He looked out, and crossing his arms, he watched the city below him, wondering what she was doing right now? Running his hand through his hair in frustration he headed towards the bedroom to call it a night.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story