It's completely amusing to watch Harry gets cursed out, Deven tearing him a new asshole and the British hospital staff as clueless as his group mates (other than his sister, Gemma). I'm sitting in the corner of the room near the baby warmer, trying not to laugh. 

"It's all your fault!" she screams at Harry, who's completely confused. 

"Totally bonkers, mate!" Zayn yells. 

"Get him the hell outta here before I get up and slap him!" Deven screamed. Harry reached for her hand to soothe her but she snatched it away. "No! Do not touch me! I'm doing this right now because you touched me! FUCK you and your touching!" I wiped the tears of laughter from the corner of my eyes. "Fuck you, Cassie!" 

"Twins, twins, twins!" I curse her. 

"Bite me, bitch!" Harry ushered everyone but Louis, Gemma and I from the room. 

He shut the door and I can't hold it in any longer; my hands land on my knees and I shake with silent laughter as it slowly becomes audible enough to bounce off the walls and echo throughout the entire room. Deven picked up the cup with her ice chips and hurled it at me. It struck the wall behind my head and ice fell down the back of my shirt. I jump up from my chair and shriek over the sudden cold slipping down my back, my hands shaking the back of my shirt. 

Of course Gemma would laugh at that! At least it's not Aaron she's having kids with; she would most likely be having twins. I start laughing without shame again. She throws the pitcher at me this time and it clips my shoulder. 

"Owwww!" I yelp. "Dammit, woman!" She flops back onto the pillow, gripping the bed rails against another contraction and beginning to cry. Harry rubs the back of her hand comfortingly. "Try deep massaging her lower back, just above her ass crack; two or three finger widths higher," I suggest, rubbing my shoulder. Harry didn't dare try it, he has a look of pure fear in his eyes. "It will take most of the pain away and she might be a little nicer." 

"I feel safer not doing it," he justifies, fearing for his family jewels more than anything else. 

Gemma helps Deven sit up and quick as Chris is during a sugar high, rubs the spot I was talking about. She taps Harry's hand and silently asks for a kiss. He fulfills her small request. I grin, proven right yet again. Another contraction makes her cry out.  

"They're going on four minutes apart," she says through clenched teeth. "Where the hell is this doctor?!" As if on cue a short Vietnamese woman came in wearing a crisp white lab coat. 

"Hi, Ms. Santos," she said cheerily. "I'm Dr. Chu." 

"You're not my doctor," Deven interrupted, folding her arms over her chest. "Where's Dr. Daniels?" 

"She was called into an emergency surgery a few hours ago," Dr. Chu replied as she scrubbed her hands in the little sink in the corner."I'm her replacement until she's through." She dried her hands, snapped on some gloves and sat on the stool by Deven's feet. Reluctantly, Deven slid her feet into the stirrups. I averted my gaze, not wanting to see more of her than I needed to.  

"You're moving quickly," I heard the doctor say. "Eight centimeters already." I heard the gloves snap off and deemed it safe to look. "Is there anything else you need before I go?" Deven shook her head. Dr. Chu wrote her pager number on the white board and told Harry and I to page her if anything happened. 

"I'm not gonna let you call her," she growls at Harry, moments after the doctor closed the door. 

"You can't have the baby without a doctor or nurse in the room," I correct her.  

"Watch me," she growls as a wave of pain pulls her under. 

"Yeah, fail," I grumble under my breath. "If you want your baby to die then go ahead and try to have it without a doctor!" For a brief moment, fear flashed across her face. The contractions were coming faster. I went for the phone before anyone could stop me. Dr. Chu was back in the room in two minutes flat with Deven's feet up.  

"It looks like you're ready to push," she said happily. "Let's move her to delivery," she said to the nurse. Gemma and I were shooed away to the waiting room with the others. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story