Author's Chapter Notes:
AJ Figures out who did what to Cassie.

She comes back with her third mojito, smirking and sits down. I watch her take a sip, her nose scrunching up. "It tastes different than I remember," she announces, pushing it toward me. 

I take a sip and taste nothing, passing it to Erik. He turns the glass and follows her silent instructions. She eyes me, my shoulders rise and fall to show my disagreement. Erik scoffs at it. "Yeah, it's weak compared to how I make them." He hands it back and she continues to drink it, dragging Erik and I to the floor to grind on her about half an hour later. 

I notice a tall white guy slipping on a cap that resembles one that Nick had specially made ten years ago on his way out the door. I chalk it up to the alcohol playing with my mind, continuing to dance with Cassie. Ten minutes in, when me and Erik were begging for break, she was still going. Erik took one look in her eyes, and pulled her from the dance floor by her wrist. I followed. 

"What the hell did you take?" he hissed in the quiet of the hall where the bathrooms are.  

"What are you talking about?" she asked.  

"'Lyn, your pupils are as big as quarters!" Erik yelled. He pointed to the mirror on the wall behind her and she turned to look, leaning in close. 

"Oh, my God, you're right!" she gasped. "Erik, I didn't take anything, I swear. Someone had to have slipped it in my drink when I wasn't looking!" 

"But what would they have slipped you?" he pressed. 

"From the size of my pupils and the feeling I have going, I am rolling pretty hard. Someone slipped me molly." 

I look in the direction I thought it could be Nick and decide to tell them after I get answers for what I have swirling through my mind. "Who would do that?" 

"Maybe JC finally grew a set?" Erik suggests. 

"Nah," she and I both disagree. 

"The one who swore he'd have me back, possible," she comes up with, still thinking. "Then there's Tara, Bobbi, Amanda, Jazzy..." 

"JC's sister?" I question. "She's in Europe on tour with P!nk, dancing back up." 

"But I know for sure he would do some shit like this," she argues. 

"Yeah, he has done some dirty, shady shit like that when it comes to you and only you," I agree with her. 

"But we should get her back to one of our houses so she can sober up. Where's her over shirt or a sweater to cover her head? We have to hope we can get away from the paps before they get a photo of her like this or us helping her. We all know they'll be the first to twist the situation," Erik thinks out loud. 

"I have all the shit needed to help her sober quicker at my place," I comment. 

She puts a hand on my pecs and I look at her hand, following it to her face and notice she did the same to Erik. "Plan is Erik takes me to his house and you stop at yours, grab the shit and meet us there." 

"First I have to talk to the bartender," I inform them as she covers her face with her shirt that she had been wearing over her tank top. 

They leave and I walk up to the bartender. "Hey, Crayola." 

"Hey, mon! Long time, no see," he greets me, clapping his hand to mine and shaking it. 

"You got an idea of what got put in Cassie's drink? It was a mint mojito, the third one she came and got." 

He shakes his head. "Nah, bruh." He darts off into the back and I bolt to my house. 

I get a text from Nick just before I start my Durango. How's Cass? That shitbag!  



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story